Belgium Vs Finland Football Prediction and Betting Odds

Belgium Vs Finland Football Prediction and Betting Odds
3.7 3 votes
Article Rating

Belgium is predicted to win against Finland as per latest Belgium Vs Finland Football Prediction and Betting Odds

Finland will take on the mighty Belgium in the Euro 2021 on 22nd June. Belgium has already qualified for the round of 16 after they defeated both Denmark and Russia with a margin of 1-2 and 3-0 respectively. On the other hand Finland started off well as they defeated Denmark in their very first match but lost to Russia with the same margin.

The fight is between Russia and Finland to secure the second spot in Group B. If Finland defeats Belgium and Russia defeats Denmark than in that case two teams with the highest goal scored and lowest goal conceded will qualify and if Belgium defeats Finland and Russia defeats Denmark, Belgium and Russia will qualify.

In the third Scenario if Finland defeats Belgium and Denmark defeats Russia than Belgium and Finland would qualify. The last time Belgium and Finland met, the game ended in a 1-1 goal draw.

UEFA Euro 2020 Saturday matches: Wales vs Switzerland, Denmark vs Finland, Belgium  vs Russia | Sports News,The Indian Express

The latest Belgium Vs Finland Football Prediction and Betting Odds favors Belgium’s win against Finland.

The Belgium Vs Finland Football Prediction and Betting Odds will be updated on game.
image 68

Belgium Vs Finland Football Prediction and Betting Odds: Predicted Winner

Belgium and Finland will clash against each other in a neutral venue that is at Krestovsky Stadium, known as Gazprom Arena  in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Belgium is favorites to win the match against Finland. As per Footballpredictions.com both the teams are expected to score in the match. However, Belgium may score twice while Finland may score once in the match.

As per Infogol, Belgium has 86% chances of winning the match while for Finland the probability of beating Belgium stands at mere 14%.

The betting odds for Finland’s win stands at 10/1 while the odds for Belgium win stands at 3/10 at Bwin.

Belgium Vs Finland Football Prediction and Betting Odds: Probable Line ups

Finland- Hradecky, Toivio, Arajuuri, O’Shaughnessy, Raitala, Lod, Schuller, Kamara, Uronen, Pukki, Pohjanpalo.

Belgium- Courtois, Denayer, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Hazard, Tielemans, Dendoncker, Meunier, Carrasco, Mertens, Lukaku.

Belgium Vs Finland Football Prediction and Betting Odds: Offensive and Defensive stats

Attack

Pukki and Pohjanpalo are the two main attackers in the Finland line up, though Pohjanpalo was not that impressive against Russia. On the other hand Pukki was quite good as usual with pass accuracy of 82%. His expected assist ratio was 0.10. Overall rating against Russia was 7.0 while against Denmark it was 6.0.

Pohjanpalo’s rating against Russia was 6.2 but against Denmark he had a rating of 7.9 with 1 goal scored. In order to beat Belgium Pohjanpalo has to return in form.

Belgium have firepower in their frontlines with Romelu Lukaku and Eden Hazard. However, Hazard got inured recently and he may not return even for this match. In his absence Lukaku has led the attack. Belgian attack looked sloppy against Denmark even though they won the match, it was mostly because of the midfield. Lukaku had only 50% pass accuracy rate which was 82% against Russia. Overall he has two goals in the tournament.

Apart from Lukaku, Caracasso and Mertens were supporting the attack. However, both failed to perform against Denmark. Their ratings were 6.2 and 6.1 respectively.

Midfield

Kamara was the star against Russia for Finland in the midfield. Though they lost the match, Kamara really impressed, with 92% pass accuracy rate. He had 6 successful duels and was rated at 7.2.

He got plenty of support from both left and right wingers. From left Uronen gave him support with 83% pass accuracy and 5 successful duels and he was rated at 7.2. From the right Raitala was contributing. He had a rating of 7.0. He had a pass accuracy of 93% , and had 6 successful duels. He also had 2 successful tackles out of 4 attempted tackles. The midfield needs to continue this form in order to win against Belgium.

The mid-field of Belgium has no match with the service of Kevin De Bruyne, Eden Hazard and Chadli. On paper, the Belgium squad looks strong and should comfortably win this.

Hazard scored a goal for Belgium from the midfield against Denmark. His expected goal ratio was 0.50 while expected goals on target ratio was 0.55. His ratio was 83% and had a total 73 touches throughout the match, his rating was 7.8.

He got support from Meunier, he had a pass accuracy of 76% and had won 8 duels. His rating was 7.7. Kevin de Bruyne’s 70th minute goal sealed the match for Belgium against Belgium.

Defense

The only Danish defender who looked in form against Russia was O’Shaughnessy. Even against Denmark he had a rating of 7.8 but this time though it came down it did not affect his performance much. His rating was 7.3. He had a expected assist ratio of 0.73. His pass accuracy was 73%. He also had 8 clearances and 3 headed clearances.

In order to win against Belgian attack other defenders Toivio and Arajuuri had to play well, their ratings in the previous match was 6. 9 and 6.5 respectively.

The defense of the Belgium squad looks solid with presence of Toby Alderwiereld, Jan Vertonghen, Thomas Meunier and several others.

Vertonghen once again led his team from the front against Denmark when they were 1-0 down but went on to win the match by 1-2. He had 6 clearances and 5 headed clearances, and his pass accuracy rate was 89% and his rating is was 7.2.

Alderweireld will also be there in the defense when the team plays Finland. Against Denmark he had 4 successful duels and 3 clearances. His rating was 7.4. The defense is overall doing well.

Belgium Vs Finland Football Prediction and Betting Odds: Recent form

More than anything, the recent performance of the teams will have a deep impact on the outcome. World Cup qualifiers and international friendlies, it is obvious that they have got enough game time and the legs are ready to go after a brief break.

Coming to Belgium’s recent outings, the last game they played was an international friendly match against Croatia which the won by 1-0 goal difference.  Apart from this match, this year they played three World Cup qualifiers, the first one being against Wales whom they defeated by 3-1 goals. Against Czech Republic they settled for a 1-1 draw and went on to beat Belarus by 8-0 goals in 3rd World Cup qualifiers this year.

Belgium started brilliantly against Russia with a win by 3-0 margin than went on to beat Denmark even after trailing by 1-0 and lastly winning by 1-2. They have already qualified for the round of 16, but their target would be to end the group stages with a win and gain a momentum for the knockout stages.

Finland had an average Euro Cup qualifier. In Group J they with 6 wins in 10 games were 2nd in the points table. They lost 4 matches and had 18 points.

Finland Kickstarted their Euro journey with a surprising victory over Denmark with a margin of 1-0. Before the match against Denmark, they were up against Estonia and Sweden for International friendly matches. They lost to Estonia by 0-1 goals and Sweden defeated them by 2-0 goals. They even lost to Switzerland and lost by 3-2 goals in an international friendly match.

In the Euro Cup Finland started off with a win over Denmark and then lost against Russia in a tight contest. Currently they need to defeat Belgium in order to make sure they go through the group stages while it won’t be that easy.

Belgium Vs Finland Football Prediction and Betting Odds: Head to head

Finland and Belgium haven’t had much head to head interaction. The two teams have played just 11 games against each other. To a surprise Finland have has an advantage over Belgium in head to head games.

In last 11 games, Finland have won 4 games, Belgium has won 3 while 4 match between the two teams ended in a draw.

Read: Italy vs Wales Football Predictions and Betting Odds

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x