Boston Celtics vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions: Celtics vs Magic March 21
The NBA has several games scheduled over the weekend, but the focus is on the exciting clash between Celtics and Magic. The game is scheduled to be held in the TD Center on 21st March.
The Magic is looking to get out of the jail by securing a win whereas Jazz who are in the midst of a decent run are looking to cash in on the winning momentum. Even though it looks like Celtics are the outright favorites in this contest, the Magic have played out of their skins despite hiccups on certain occasions making up for an interesting clash over the weekend.
Orlando Magic have been struggling to keep themselves alive in this season’s NBA. They are at 14th position in Eastern Conference points table while Celtics who are currently on 3 games losing streak are at 8th position. The Boston Celtics vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions predicts a win for Celtics in this game.However, the latest Boston Celtics vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions will be added on the game day.
Boston Celtics vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The last season conference finalists have done a tidy job in the Eastern conference that has kept them in the fray. They were off to a flyer with a win against Bucks but things started to go the other way when they faced Nets and Pacers in the next two games.
They recovered well from that position as they posted some important victories that helped them scale to the top of the table. In March, they registered 4 victories and have succumbed on 4 occasions making the next couple of games crucial for their play-off chances. They are currently occupying the 8th spot in the table.
The Orlando Magic is far off from playing the post season games after a torrid regular season for the underdog side. They have currently settled at 14th spot with 14 triumphs and 27defeats in 41 games. After getting off to a great start, it seemed like it was the breakthrough that they were looking for when they took down Wizards and Thunder in the subsequent games.
But their campaign started to tail away after continuous defeats in January. Even though it looked like they were back to best this month, they have once again fallen back with losses to Knicks, Heat, Spurs, Mavericks and Hawks by a substantial margin.
Boston Celtics vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (118 games): Magic – 51 wins, Celtics – 67 wins.
Playoffs played: Magic – 9 wins, Celtics – 8 wins.
Previous meeting: Celtics won 124-97 on 15th January 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Boston Celtics vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch
Kemba Walker is back in the mix after averaging 17.8 points and 4.6 assists per game in this edition. Jayson Tatum is an important candidate who has time and again got the team out of the dumps with special performances. He scored 15 points and 3 assists against Kings.
Jaylen Brown who is one of the better guards in the team has an average of 24.4 points in addition to 5.5 rebounds in 38 games. Daniel Theis who plays as the center pitched in with 14 points and 8 rebounds against Kings.
Robert Williams came in as a surprise to everyone when he scored 12 points in his last appearance.
It has certainly been a one-man show for the Magic with Nikola Vucevic doing most of the work for the side in the recent games. He was one of top performers with 22 points and 14 rebounds in 38 minutes against Nets.
Evan Fournier has accumulated decent numbers with 3.7 assists and 19.3 points per game, but the onus is on the shooting guard to turn the tide in their favor.
Terrence Ross is expected to start afresh after a string of underwhelming performance from him.
Aaron Gordon has free throw percentage of 62.1% and a field goal percentage of 45.2% in this edition. He topped the charts with 38 points and 4 assists in the last game.
Boston Celtics vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
Even though Orlando Magic have put up good fight this season, it is the Boston Celtics who are the clear frontrunners this season. The FiveThirtyEight platform has gone on to suggest a 79% chance to Boston Celtics whereas the Orlando based club has a meek 21% chance to pull off a big win.
Shifting our focus to outright predictions, it is pretty evident that the visiting team has a major chance in this year’s championship whereas the Orlando Magic is nowhere in contention for the post season games as of now, according to SMarkets and Oddschecker.