Charlotte Hornets vs Indiana Pacers NBA Odds and Predictions
We are now in the business end of the NBA 2020-21 tournament. Play-in and Playoff tournament start from today. In first of the NBA’s play-in round, Charlotte Hornets will take on Indiana Pacers on Tuesday night. Pacers ended their regular season campaign as a 9th seeded team in Eastern Conference while Hornets were 10th seeded team in Eastern Conference.
This season, Charlotte Hornets is averaging 106.8 points, 44.1 rebounds, 26.5 assists, 7.8 steals and 5.4 blocks per game while shooting 44.9% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 112.2 points on 47.6% shooting in the tournament so far.
Indiana Pacers on the other hand ended their regular season just above the Hornets at 9th position in the Western Conference points table. The Indiana Pacers are coming of a win against Raptors in the previous match. The Indiana Pacers exhibited a beautiful display of winning basketball against the Raptors in their previous outing with 3 players scoring in double digits registering their 34th win and ending the regular season on the high.
The loser of this game will be eliminated from the tournament and the winner will move ahead.
FiveThirtyEight predicts a win for Indiana Pacers in this game however, the latest Charlotte Hornets vs Indiana Pacers NBA Odds and Predictions are yet to be updated.The latest Charlotte Hornets vs Indiana Pacers NBA Odds and Predictions will be updated on game day.
Charlotte Hornets vs Indiana Pacers NBA Odds and Predictions: Match Details
Indiana Pacers vs Charlotte Hornets.
Scheduled Date and Time: 18th May,6:30 PM EST.
Host Team: Indiana Pacers
Where to Watch: The national broadcast partners of the NBA are ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV. For out of market or online viewing use NBA League Pass.
Charlotte Hornets vs Indiana Pacers NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent Form
The Charlotte Hornets are ranked first in the NBA in most possessions playing zone defence this season. Signing of Gordon Hayward has paid dividends for Hornets and players like P.J. Washington and Miles Bridge, have taken positive strides. Rookie guard L Ball has provided the energy the Hornets needed to regain national relevance. Hornets will be happy with their performance in this season after the disappointing last season. Charlotte Hornets have a win-loss record of 33-39, at Spectrum Centre they have 18-18 win-loss record.
Charlotte continues to tread water as they get set to enter the first-ever play-in tournament. The Charlotte allows opponents to score just 107 points per game at the Spectrum Centre. Hornets: 3-7, Hornets are ranked 22nd with 109.5 Points Per Game. Coming to Rebounds Per Game Hornets average 43.6 per game and ranked19th and with 26.9 assists per game. The Hornets are 20-22 against conference opponents. Charlotte ranks third in the Eastern Conference with 10.5 offensive rebounds per game.
The Pacers entered 2020-21 as perhaps the NBA’s most consistent team, winning between 42 and 48 games in each of the previous five seasons, but injuries derailed them. They have lost more games than what they have won. Of 72 games so far in regular season, they have lost 38 games and won 34 games. In last 10 games that they played this season, they have maintained a 50-50 win-loss record. They have won five and lost five. They will be looking forward to take advantage of home crowd and return to their winning streak on Tuesday.
Against the team from their own conference, the Pacers have won 20 games while lost 22 games. Their away record has been better than their home campaigns this season. On road, they have 21 wins this season and have lost 15 games while playing at home they have lost 23 games and have won just 13 games. Despite having a bad record while hosting teams, Indiana Pacers will be looking forward to better their home record when they face Hornets and keep their chances alive.
Charlotte Hornets vs Indiana Pacers NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-Head
The head-to-head record between the two teams suggest, Indiana Pacers having an edge over Charlotte Hornets. The two teams have played a total of 117 games in regular season. Indiana Pacers has been successful on 70 occasions while Charlotte Hornets has won 47 games.
The teams met three times this season. Hornets won twice and Pacers won once. The Hornets won 114-97 in the last match on April 2.
Charlotte Hornets vs Indiana Pacers NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to Watch
Devonte’ Graham has plays as a point guard with an average of 14.8 points per game and a field goal percentage of 37.4% in this edition.
PJ Washington who has played at the centre position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 12.9 points and player efficiency of 13.43 this season. PJ Washington led Charlotte with 11 points in the last game against same opponent.
Miles Bridges, a Small Forward in the side has averaged 12.7 points per game and has 6 rebounds in 65 games.
Caris Levert an important Point Guard for Pacers played for 21 minutes with 6 assists and 13 rebounds in his last outing.
Another crucial Point guard for Pacers D Sabonis managed to score 25 points from 5 assists and 16 rebounds in the last match.
Oshae Brissett central player for pacers was on field for 36 minutes and scored 31 points with 10 rebounds in the last match.
Charlotte Hornets vs Indiana Pacers NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
Both Charlotte Hornets and Indiana Pavers have a big game in front of them when they face each other on Tuesday. The latest Charlotte Hornets vs Indiana Pacers NBA Odds and Predictions are yet to be updated. However, for this game FiveThirtyEight predicts a win for Indiana Pacers. FiveThirtyEight website has given 66% chance to Pacers and 34% win-probability to Hornets.