Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Predictions

Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Predictions
0 0 votes
Article Rating

Chicago Cubs is predicted to win tonight against Arizona Diamondbacks as per latest Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Predictions

Chicago Cubs is set to travel to Chase Field in Phoenix to take on Arizona Diamondbacks. The two teams have last played against each other back in 2019 when Cubs won the 3-games series by 2-1.

Both the teams are desperately in need of win and they will hope to start the 2nd half of MLB 2021 campaign with a win. Cubs have lost 13 of their last 15 games while Diamondbacks have lost 6 of their last 10 games. For Diamondbacks the season is almost over as they have just 26 wins and have lost 66 games in the season already.

As for tonight’s game is concerned, Diamondbacks pitcher Madison Bumgarner is set to return from injury. The two teams, Cubs and Diamondbacks will come face-to-face at Chase Field tonight.

Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks 7/26/18 MLB Free Pick, Prediction and  odds - Free Sports Picks - Sports Odds - NFL - NBA - NCAA - Sports Chat

FiveThirtyEight, predicts a win for Chicago Cubs in tonight’s game. The latest Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Predictions also predicts the same.

The latest Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Predictions have been updated on 16th July.
Chicago Cubs
Arizona Diamondbacks
Predicted Winer
Odds: 1.6
Odds: 2.16
Chicago Cubs
Money Line: -165
Money Line: +140
Chicago Cubs
Odds: 1.66
Odds: 2.3
Chicago Cubs

Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Predictions: Match Details

Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks 1st of 3 games Series

Scheduled Date and Time: 16th July, 9:40PM EST

Host Team: Arizona Diamondbacks

Where to Watch: You can stream MLB games via MLBNetwork.com, via the MLB app, and through MLB.TV using Cable login. If you don’t have a cable login, you can get a free trial from YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, AT&T TV Now, FuboTV, or Sling TV to stream the game.

Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Predictions: Stats

The Arizona Diamondbacks have had a worse season as of now. The have scored a total of 381 runs this season have maintained a batting average of 0.231 (23rd in MLB). Their slugging percentage has been just 0.371 and have had second-highest ERA in baseball (5.40). Talking about offense, they have maintained an average of 4.14 runs per contest this season.

Cubs on the other hand too have registered a poor 5.65 ERA and allowed a .260 batting average to their opponents. They have scored a total of 378 runs (19th in MLB) and have maintained a batting average of .227.

Here are the player level stats from both the teams:

Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Predictions: Batting Stats

Players
Team
Batting Average
Kris Bryant
Chicago Cubs
.271
Anthony Rizzo
Chicago Cubs
.247
Wilson Contreras
Chicago Cubs
.236
Eduardo Escobar
Arizona Diamondbacks
.254
Pavin Smith
Arizona Diamondbacks
.263
David Peralta
Arizona Diamondbacks
.253

Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Predictions: Pitching Stats

Players
Team
ERA
Zach Davies
Chicago Cubs
4.37
Kyle Hendricks
Chicago Cubs
3.77
Jake Arrieta
Chicago Cubs
6.30
Merill Kelly
Arizona Diamondbacks
4.46
Caleb Smith
Arizona Diamondbacks
4.54
Riley Smith
Arizona Diamondbacks
6.20

Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head

Chicago Cubs and Arizona Diamondbacks played their very first head-to-head game back in 1998. Chicago Cubs defeated the Diamondbacks by a score of 4-2 in very first one on one game. Since then the two teams have played 160 head to head game.

Of 160 games, Chicago Cubs have 75 wins while Diamondbacks have 85 wins. Cubs have been great hosting Diamondbacks as they won 42 of the 78 games that they played at home. However, playing as a visitor, Cubs have 33 wins and 49 defeats in 72 games.

In last 6 games between the two teams, Cubs have 4 wins while Diamondbacks have just 2 wins.

Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Predictions: Recent Form

Both Chicago Cubs and Arizona Diamondbacks have been terrible lately. Cubs have lost 8 of their last 10 games while Diamondbacks have had 4 wins in last 10 games.

Talking about their table standings, Cubs 44 wins and 46 defeats are currently 3rd seeded team in National League Central. This season they have struggled playing games away from their home. They have won just 16 of their 45 on road games while at home they have 28 wins and 17 defeats this season.

Arizona Diamondbacks on the other hand is a bottom placed team in NL West points table. They have just 26 wins and massive 66 defeats. They have struggled both at home as well as on roads. At home they are 11-38 while on roads they have maintained a record of 15-28.

Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner

Chicago Cubs and Arizona Diamondbacks have been struggling lately. However, Cubs have had a better season as compared to that of Diamondbacks. Diamondbacks offense as well as defense have been in shatter this season. Despite playing a host, Diamondbacks don’t seem to pose a threat to Cubs in tonight’s game. As per FiveThirtyEight, Cubs have 57% chances of winning tonight’s game while the win probability of Diamondbacks stands at mere 43%.

Looking at the outright prediction for this season’s MLB by Smarkets, Los Angeles Dodgers are favorites to win this season while both Cubs and Diamondbacks do not feature in Top 10 probable teams to win this season.

Read: Kansas City Royals vs Baltimore Orioles Odds and Predictions

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x