Detroit Pistons vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions
The NBA regular season is the midst of the regular season with still a lot of action left. The Los Angeles Clippers is set to be involved in a one-sided affair when they face Detroit Pistons tonight at the Little Caesars Arena.
The Pistons are under a lot of pressure to deliver, after being battered and thrashed in majority of the games so far. The side would be hoping to save some grace by tasting success in the remaining fixtures. On the other hand, the Clippers have stepped on the gas and are in no mood in lifting the pedal. Even though the Clippers are favored in the odds and predictions, their opponents cannot be written off.
Los Angeles Clippers is predicted to win tonight’s clash against Detroit Pistons. Here are the latest Detroit Pistons vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions updated on 14th April
Detroit Pistons vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions: NBA 2020-21 Form
Looking at the Pistons’ campaign, they are nowhere looking to make it to further rounds in this year’s championship. They have been constantly troubled by defeats that has derailed their campaign completely. They are distraught and are looking shattered after just 16 wins as opposed to 38 defeats in 54 appearances this season. This also includes a humiliating 9-15 record in away games.
Looking at their last five outings, they won two games convincingly against the likes of Thunder and Kings but have lost the other three games pinning them to the last spot in the Eastern conference.
On the other hand, Los Angeles Clippers are sure shot projected to be one of the favorites to go all the way this time after a forgettable season in 2019-20. They are currently in 3rd spot just behind Jazz and Suns in the Western conference as an indication of their dominance in the regular season.
They have an unbeaten streak going on for themselves in the last five games defeating Pistons, Rockets, Suns, Trail Blazers and Lakers in the process. But what separates them from the rest is an impeccable record at home as well as on the road.
Detroit Pistons vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (113 games): Pistons – 72 wins, Clippers – 47 wins.
Playoffs played: 0.
Previous meeting: Clippers won 131-124 on 11th April 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Detroit Pistons vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to Watch
Cory Joseph is the point guard in the side who has averaged 11.5 points in every outing so far. He has been extremely handy in terms of assists averaging 6.1 per game.
Josh Jackson is an important shooting guard with a field goal success of 42.6% and a 3-pointer conversion of 31.2% so far. He was one of the key contributors in the last game as he accumulated 26 points along with 3 assists.
Mason Plumlee who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 10.3 points and 9.1 rebounds per game in his career. Saddiq Bey is another important forward who averages close to 11.2 points in every outing.
Nicolas Batum who is the power forward has been a regular contributor averaging 8.5 points in addition to 5 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game in 52 appearances.
Marcus Morris Sr. is an important small forward with a field goal success of 46.1% and a 3-pointer conversion of 46.9% so far. He was the star of the show as he notched up 33 points and 6 rebounds against Pistons.
Paul George has played 41 games, securing 23 points per game in addition to a free throw percentage of 89.4. Ivica Zubac who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 8.7 points and 4.6 dribbles per game in this season.
Detroit Pistons vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The betting giant Oddschecker have labelled the Los Angeles Clippers as one of the top 3 favorites whereas Pistons are one of the worst performing teams in this edition with no chance for them to make it to the playoffs. Another platform SMarkets are also of the same opinion that the sides have a contrasting journey so far with the hosts struggling to find the feet.
Looking at the prediction for this particular face-off, Clippers is clearly ahead by a mile with a 66% chance whereas Pistons have their task cut out with 34% chance to play with, according to FiveThirtyEight.