England vs Senegal Prediction and Stats
England vs Senegal Prediction
When is England most likely to score a goal? England is most likely to score in the second half.
When is Senegal likely to score a goal? Senegal is likely to score in the second half.
Who is likely to score a goal for England? Harry Kane is most likely to score for England.
Who is likely to score a goal for Senegal? Ismaila Sarr is most likely to score for Senegal..
England vs Senegal Goal Prediction? England: 2, Senegal: 1
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate recent performances.
Senegal will face England in the round of 16 of the 2022 FIFA World Cup today.
Marcus Rashford scored twice, and Phil Foden added another, as England easily defeated Wales 3-0 to advance to the 2022 World Cup’s final round. England won two out of three to top their group. England remains the only top contender not to lose a game. Brazil, Argentina, Spain, and Portugal all have lost games.
Senegal defeated Ecuador 2-1 on Tuesday at the Khalifa International Stadium to advance to the round of 16 of the World Cup. Winger Ismaila Sarr scored a first-half penalty and captain Kalidou Koulibaly added a second.
England: Last 5 Matches (Only Tournament games)
- England has won 2 out of the last 5 tournament games. England has won two, drawn two, and lost one in the previous five matches. The goal aggregate for the previous five matches was 12:5. England has won 1 and drawn 1 against the Non-European teams in the last two matches with a total goal aggregate of 6-2
- Average first goal: 50-60 minutes.
Senegal: Last 5 Matches (Only Tournament games)
- Senegal has won 4 out of the last 5 tournament matches, losing only to the Netherlands. The total goal aggregate for the last five matches is 9:5. Senegal has lost two and won one in the last three matches against a European team.
- Average First Goal: 64 minutes. Senegal’s average first goal has come in the second half.
England vs Senegal prediction: World Cup attack analysis
England has been excellent going forward in the World Cup. England has averaged 3 goals per match in the three matches with an average xG of 2.50 goals. England has registered 212 touches in the opposition half compared to 172 in the same half. England has averaged 16 shots per match with a shooting accuracy of 40%. England has an average dribble of 6.2 dribbles per match.
Senegal has scored 5 goals in the 3 games, averaging 1.67 goals per match. The Teranga Lions have also looked sharp on the xG with 1.50 goals per match. Senegal has averaged 14 shots per match with a shooting accuracy of 35%. Senegal has averaged more touches in its half when compared to the opposition half at the World cup.
England vs Senegal Prediction: Forward Statistics
- England has scored nine goals in the World cup so far with an average of 3.00 goals per match.
- Rashford has been England’s most dangerous player since he came on. The forward has scored 3 goals at an average of one goal per match with one goal coming in from a delightful freekick. Rashford is averaging 3 shots per goal to go with 80% pass accuracy.
- Bukayo Saka is the second-highest goalscorer for England in the World Cup. The Winger has scored 2 goals in three matches and has made 0.5 key passes to go with his above-par pass accuracy.
World Cup Goals: England (2022)
- Marcus Rashford: 3
- Bukayo Saka: 2
- Jude Bellingham: 1
- Raheem Sterling: 1
- Phil Foden: 1
- Jack Grealish: 1
- In the last three matches, Senegal has scored 5 goals at an average of 1.66 goals per game.
- Senegal all 4 goals have come through diverse goal scorers.
- Famara Diedhou and Ismaila Sarr have looked the most dangerous in Sadio Mane’s absence.
- Diedhou has scored a goal at an average of 0.33 goals per match. The forward scored with a header, he is threatening at set pieces, and he has won 60% of his Aerial duels.
- Ismaila Sarr has also averaged 0.33 goals per match with a shooting accuracy of 40% and passing accuracy of 78%.
Senegal: World Cup 2022 goals
- Famara Diedhou: 1
- Ismaila Sarr: 1
- Boulaye Dia: 1
- Kolidou Koulibaly: 1
England vs Senegal Prediction: Defensive Analysis
After a shambolic showing in the Nations League, England has shown significant improvements in its defence. England has been compact and has conceded only two goals in the World Cup and averaged only 0.66 goals per match. England has conceded 8.3 shots per match in the World cup with only 3.2 shots on target.
Senegal has conceded 4 goals in the three matches in the World cup. Teranga lions has failed to keep a clean sheet in any match and conceded two goals against the Netherlands and are averaging 10 shots per match with 4.6 shots on target.
England vs Senegal Head-to-Head Statistics
England and Senegal have yet to play each other in any competition.
England vs Senegal Odds
England vs Senegal Team News
Gareth Southgate might not twerk his side after an impressive win against Wales. In spite of the tough Senegal Challenge, Southgate may play the same squad that played against Wales.
The unfortunate news is that Ben White has left the team for personal reasons and won’t be coming back. James Maddison is now totally healthy.
Idrissa Gueye’s suspension from this crucial game as a result of receiving a yellow card is a major problem for the African Champions.
Cheikhou Koyote departed the game against Ecuador in the middle, and it’s possible that he won’t be able to start the game against the three lions.
England vs Senegal Predicted Lineups
England Predicted Line up: Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Rice, Henderson, Bellingham; Foden, Kane, Rashford
Senegal Predicted Line up: Mendy; Sabaly, Koulibaly, Diallo, Jakobs; Ciss, Mendy, Papa Gueye; Ndiaye, Sarr, Dia
Although they have both made it to the round of 16, the teams’ journeys have been quite different. England eased past their opponents and topped its group. Conversely, Senegal has to see through Ecuador in the nail-biter. Coming to the analysis, England has looked like a much better side than Senegal in both facets of the game. England has scored twice as many goals as Senegal and conceded half-goals. From a man-to-man standpoint, England has all bases covered and Senegal without key players like Kouyate and Idrissa Gana Gueye will find it quite difficult to compete with this quality English side.
Prediction: England: 2, Senegal: 1 ( Senegal might score a goal from Set-Piece)