England vs Wales Prediction: Statistical Analysis
England vs Wales Prediction
England Wales Prediction [Goals]
- England is likely to score a goal in the first half against Wales.
- Wales is likely to score a goal in the Second half.
England & Wales Prediction [Goals]
- Bukayo Saka is likely to score for England.
- Gareth Bale is likely to score for Wales
England vs Wales Prediction Score England:2, Wales: 1
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances
England and Wales will face off at the Ahmed bin Ali Stadium on Tuesday in Group B of the 2022 FIFA World Cup. The previous matchday saw contrasting results for both teams.
After defeating Iran 6-2, England had a chance to go to the knockout round with a victory, but they lacked concentration in possession and failed to control the Americans, who gradually gained confidence.
Wales lost to Iran 2-0 with two goals in stoppage time to leave Wales on the brink of Elimination. When Wayne Hennessey was dismissed late in the game, Rob Page’s Wales faced an uphill battle and were ultimately punished by Iran.
England vs Wales Prediction and Odds: Goal Analysis
England: Last 5 Matches (Only Tournament games)
- England has won 1 out of the last 5 tournament games. Winning against Iran in the World Cup. The total goal aggregate for the last five matches is 9:8. England is 3-8 in the previous 3 games against European teams. In the last 5 games, England has conceded 8 goals and all have came against European teams.
- Average First Goal: 40 minutes. England has scored 50% of its goals in this World Cup before 40 minutes. The average first goal conceded in last five matches: 48 Minute
Wales: Last 5 Matches (Only Tournament games)
- Wales has failed to win a single game in the last five tournament games. Wales have drawn one and lost four. The total goal aggregate for the last five matches is Negative: 5:8. The Welsh team has lost all three of its matches against European teams with an aggregate score of 5:6.
- Average first goal scored by the Wales is in second half, around 50-60 minutes, but has conceded first in 60% of its last five tournament matches.
England vs Wales World Cup Analysis: Last two games ( Attack Analysis)
England’s two matches have been quite contrasting in terms of Goal scoring. England against Iran took 13 shots with a shooting accuracy of more than 60%. 10 shots came inside the box. England played with an xG of 3.08 but looked most deadly in the first half with an xG of 2.11. England’s overall xG decreased substantially against the USA. England played with an xG of 0.77, 2.30 lower than the match against Iran.
Some Key Insights:
- Average xG: 2.20
- Conceding xG: 0.80
- Wales has struggled to score in two matches and is playing with an average of 0.50 goals per match with a combined average xG of 0.50. Wales has taken the fewest shots on target in the Group, behind the USA, who are third. coming to creating chances, Wales has looked most threatening in the second half.
England Wales Prediction: Forward Statistics
- England has scored 6 goals in the World Cup so far with five scorers on board for them
- Their biggest threat has been Bukayo Saka. The attacking midfielder has scored 2 goals in two fixtures and has played with a shots per goal of 2 with a Passing accuracy of 80.2
- The second-most threatening player for the three lions has been Jude Bellingham. Bellingham has scored one goal with a Shooting accuracy of 42%.
Key Players Statistics: 2022/2023 League Season
- Harry Kane serves as the team’s leader for the English team. With remarkable shooting accuracy, Harry Kane has played 13 games in the Premier League and scored 10 goals. He also seemed to be trustworthy, scoring 78% of the time.
- Despite the fact that Sterling hasn’t seemed like himself this season, the striker is still capable of breaking through the defenders of the opposition. Looking at his statistics, the forward scores 5 goals in 17 games across all competitions despite having a mediocre shot accuracy and good dribbling metrics.
- Gareth bale is the only goal scorer for Wales this World Cup. The Forward is playing with an average of 1 shot per goal with a passing accuracy of 68.9%.
England vs Wales World Cup Prediction: Defensive Analysis
- While the Three Lions have conceded only 2 goals in the World Cup so far, they have looked a bit shaky in defence despite not conceding many goals. The average tackle success rate for two matches is 48% with 15 clearances per match. When talking about the last five tournament matches which include three national league matches and two world cup matches. England has been able to keep one clean sheet.
- Wales has been Poor defensively in the two World Cup matches as well as last three games. Wales has failed to keep a clean sheet in any of those matches and playing with a tackle success of 41% and an average clearance of 18.
England vs Wales Head- to-Head
Matches: 103 | England: 68 | Draw: 21 | Wales: 14
Recent 5 Meetings: England: 5 | Draw: | Wales:
Last Meeting: England defeated Wales with a score of 3-0 in a International Friendly played in October 2020.
Key Highlights: Last 5 Matches
- The last five matches between both sides has seen two goals per match.
- England has scored 1.8 goals per match in the last five matches against the Wales.
- Wales has scored 0.20 goals per match in the last five matches against the England.
England vs Wales Odds
England vs Wales Team News
Hennessey, who received a red card in Wales’ 2-0 loss to Iran, will not be playing. In his absence, Ward will be reigning the gloves.
After making his injury comeback in the 2-0 loss to Iran, Joe Allen might be able to start against England.
Following the tie with the United States, Harry kane looked in discomfort. Gareth Southgate would be sweating over the fitness of the Main Man with Knock-outs round the corner.
England vs Wales: Predicted Line ups
England Probable Line up:(4-3-3):Pickford; Trippier, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Rice, Bellingham, Foden; Saka, Kane, Harry Kane
*Harry Kane might able to Start like game against USA
Wales Probable Line up (3-5-2):Ward; Mepham, Rodon, Davies; Roberts, Allen, Ampadu, Wilson, Williams; Bale, Johnson
The match could be a goal fiesta with Wales throwing themselves all out at England to have a crack at qualifying. For the next round, but it would be very difficult for Cymru to salvage anything with England looking in ominous form. Despite a 0-0 draw against the USA.
England is a huge favorite and will beat Wales, but Cymru may be able to score against England’s slightly flimsy defence.. Prediction: England: 2, Wales: 1