FIFA World Cup 2022: Senegal vs Netherlands Prediction
Senegal vs Netherlands Prediction
When is Senegal most Likely to score a goal? Senegal is likely to score a goal in the second half.
When is the Netherlands likely to score a goal? The Netherlands is likely to score a goal in the second half.
Who is likely to score a goal for Senegal? If Mane plays, he is the most likely to score a goal. If not Mane, Diedhou is the most likely to score a goal
Who is Likely to score a goal for the Netherlands? Memphis Depay is the most likely to score for the Netherlands.
Who is Likely to win the Match? Netherlands: 2 Senegal: 0
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances.
The Oranje will make their return to World Cup as they take on Senegal at Al Thumama Stadium. After shockingly failing to qualify for the last World Cup, the Dutch head into this competition with a 15-match unbeaten run.
Teranga’s Lions are also in form and are coming off winning their last major trophy.
We bring you the Statistical Analysis as two favourites from Group A face off in the all-important matchup.
Senegal v Netherlands Prediction: Goal Analysis
- Senegal heads into the World Cup winning 3 of its last five matches and scoring 5 goals and conceding 3 goals. The total goal aggregate is 5-3. In average terms, Senegal has scored 1 goal per match in the last five matches and conceded 0.6 goals.
- Senegal has scored 5 goals in its last five matches. 3 of those came in the second half.
Senegal against European Countries in World Cups
- Senegal has faced France, Denmark, Sweden, Turkey, and Poland across the World Cup in the last five matches. Senegal has won three, drawn one, and lost one.
- Senegal’s total goal aggregate for the last five matches against European countries is 6-4. Senegal has managed to beat France, Poland, and Sweden.
- In terms of average, Senegal has scored 1.2 goals and conceded 0,8 goals which match its recent form as well.
- The Netherlands has been on a winning spree in the last couple of matches. The Dutch have not lost in their last five matches with a total goal aggregate of 10:5. The Dutch scored 2 goals per match and conceded 1 goal per match in their previous five games.
- Only against Belgium did the Netherlands fail to score 2 or more goals where they won 1-0.
- The Netherlands have scored most of their goal in the first half in the last five matches.
Netherlands against African Countries:
- The Oranj has faced 4 African countries since the 1994 World Cup. The Oranj has beaten Cameroon, Morocco, and Cote de Ivoire and drew against Egypt. The aggregate goal total for the four games is 7-4.
- The Oranj only failed to score two or more goals against Egypt and the game ended in a 1-1 draw.
- The Netherlands scored the 1st goal in 3 of the four matches against the African teams.
It is pretty evident from the Following data that the Netherlands is likely to score the first goal in this match.
Netherlands vs Senegal Prediction: Forward Statistics
- In the 8 matches in the World Cup qualification, Senegal scored 16 goals, averaging two goals per match.
- In qualification for the World Cup, Famara Diedhou scored the most goals for Senegal. Diedhou scored 4 goals in the five matches averaging 1.18 goals per 90 minutes with a shooting accuracy of more than 40%.
- Senegal’s main man Sadio Mane was also sensational. In World Cup qualification, Mane scored 3 goals in 7 matches and also provided 4 assists with a pass completion percentage of 82.
- Ismaila Sarr also scored 3 goals and provided 1 assist.
- The Netherlands was on a goal-scoring spree in the World Cup qualifiers. Oranj scored 33 goals in 10 matches at 3.3 goals per match.
- Memphis Depay scored 33% of the goals for the Netherlands. Depay scored 12 goals in 10 matches, averaging around 1.2 goals per match and also provided 6 assists. Depay had an average rating of more than 8.50 in the qualifiers.
- Davy Klaasen and Berghuis combined scored 6 goals in the 10 appearances. Klaasen scored 4 goals at more than 0.50 goals per match. Berghuis scored 0.30 goals per match.
Senegal vs Netherlands Prediction: Defence Analysis
- Senegal conceded just a tad above one goal per match in the qualifier. Senegal’s defense stands out for its tackles. Senegal averages just above 12 tackles per match with a success percentage of 75%. Senegal’s defence is also above par on clearances with a combined clearance rate of 13.
Senegal’s Key Defenders
- Koulibaly has won 31 aerial duels and 22 tackles and has made 4 blocks.
- Diallo has won 20 aerial duels and averages 2.3 clearances per match.
- The Netherlands only conceded eight goals in the World Cup qualifiers at an average of 0.80 goals per match. The Netherlands only conceded 5.7 shots per match which were
- one of the best in qualifiers. The tackle success percentage was also brilliant with a success rate of more than 80%.
Virgil Van Dijk spearheads the defence for the Netherlands. In the qualifiers, the centre-back numbers were outstanding. Van Dijk’s tackle success rate was more than 85% to go along with 2.8 clearances per match.
De-ligt was particularly proficient at interceptions with the defender averaging 2 interceptions per match, which is the highest average among top defenders.
Senegal vs Netherlands Prediction: Latest Odds
Senegal vs Netherlands Head to Head
Netherlands and Senegal are yet to play against each other. The FIFA World Cup 2022 match between Senegal and Netherlands will be the first match between the two teams.
Netherlands vs Senegal Prediction: Latest news
Sadio Mane has been included in the Senegal World Cup Squad despite being injured.
Netherlands to auction World Cup shirts to support migrant workers
Netherlands vs Senegal Prediction: World Cup 2022 Squad
The Senegal World Cup Squad
Goalkeepers: Seny Dieng, Alfred Gomis, Eduoard Mendy
Defenders: Fode Ballo Toure, Pape Abou Cisse, Abdou Diallo, Ismail Jakobs, Kalidou Koulibaly, Formose Mendy, Youssouf Sabaly
Midfielders: Pathe Ismael Ciss, Krepin Diatta, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Pape Gueye, Cheikhou Kouyate, Mamadou Loum, Nampalys Mendy, Moustapha Name, Pape Matar Sarr
Forwards: Boulaye Dia, Famara Diedhiou, Bamba Dieng, Nicolas Jackson, Sadio Mane, Ilimane Ndiaye, Ismaila Sarr
Netherland’s World Cup Squad
Goalkeepers: Justin Bijlow, Remko Pasveer, Andries Noppert
Defenders: Virgil van Dijk, Nathan Aké, Daley Blind, Jurriën Timber, Denzel Dumfries, Stefan de Vrij, Mathijs de Ligt, Tyrell Malacia, Jeremie Frimpong
Midfielders: Frenkie de Jong, Steven Berghuis, Davy Klaassen, Teun Koopmeiners, Cody Gakpo, Marten de Roon, Kenneth Taylor, Xavi Simons
Forwards: Memphis Depay, Steven Bergwijn, Vincent Janssen, Luuk de Jong, Noa Lang, Wout Weghorst
Senegal vs Netherlands Prediction: Final Analysis and Insights
Despite scoring in four of the previous five attempts, Senegal failed to score more than once in four of them. The Netherlands’ strong offense and tight defense can cause some problems for Senegal. In its last five games, the Netherlands has averaged two goals scored and one goal allowed.
If statistics provide any indication, Netherlands will probably win 2-1. However, It is extremely improbable that Senegal would score a goal against the Netherlands, though, if Mane did not start. A 2-0 victory for the Netherlands remains likely.