Italy vs Austria Football Predictions and Betting Odds

Italy vs Austria Football Predictions and Betting Odds
5 1 vote
Article Rating

Italy is predicted to win against Austria as per latest Italy vs Austria Football Predictions and Betting Odds

On Monday, 21st June, Austria after defeating Ukraine made a history by making into the last 16 of European Championship. Christoph Baumgartner’s first half goal sealed the first ever last 16-spot for Austria. On Saturday they will be up against Italy who have won every game so far in this tournament.

Some 13 years ago, Italy and Austria played a friendly international game which ended 2-2. Prior to that the two team had met at the 1998 World Cup in a group match. Italy won that match by 2-1 goals.

Italy have been incredible throughout the group stages as they scored a total of 7 goals and they haven’t conceded a single one as of now. Austria on the other hand made into the playoffs after they defeated Ukraine but prior to this match they lost against Netherlands.

It must be mentioned that Italy is yet to concede a goal since last 10 matches while Roberto Mancini, the Italian coach tied a new national record in the meantime. Italy hasn’t lost for 30 consecutive matches under him.

26/06/2021: Daily Predictions: Euro 2020: Italy vs Austria | TopBets South  Africa

Italy is predicted to win the upcoming clash Austria. The current Italy vs Austria Football Predictions and Betting Odds are updated on 23rd June.

The latest Italy vs Austria Football Predictions and Betting Odds will be updated on game day.
image 76

Italy vs Austria Football Predictions and Betting Odds: Predicted Winner

For the upcoming clash between Italy and Austria, Italy starts as favorites. Almost all the football prediction and betting platforms have placed Italy ahead of Austria.

As per the latest odds by Betting Expert, the betting odds for Italy’s win stands at 1.54 while the odds for Austria stands at 7.70. Footballpredictions.net on the other hand predicts both the teams to score in the match while Italy finding the nets thrice with Austria only once.

Smarkets predicts the winning probability of Italy to be 64.10% while for Austria beating Italy, the chances stands at mere 35.90%.

Italy vs Austria Football Predictions and Betting Odds: Probable Line Up

Italy – Donnarumma, Chiellini, Bonucci, Bastoni, Emerson, Pessina, Jorginho, Verrati, Beralla, Insigne, Immobile.

Austria – Bachmann, Alaba, Hinteregger, Dragovic, Lainer, Grillitsch, Laimer, Schlager, Gregoritsch, Arnautovic, Sabitizer.

Italy vs Austria Football Predictions and Betting Odds: Defensive and Offensive Stats

Italy did not play with their full attack strength in last match against Wales as both Immobile and Insigne were rested against Wales yet they ended up winning the match 1-0. Now as the round of 16 is here the Italy attack will be on full force.

Immobile scored a goal against Turkey in their opening match and continued the form against Switzerland where he scored the 2nd goal of the tournament for him. His pass accuracy as of now stands at 84.5% so far and his average rating is8.25 so far.

Insigne looked in great form against Turkey as he scored a goal with pass accuracy of 75% and rating of 8.4. Against Switzerland he was rated 6.9 and had lost 5 duels in the match.

Austria has a serious problem ahead of them as Baumgartner is injured and is doubtful of return. This will certainly put an extra pressure on Sabitizer, speaking of whom has also been very good against Ukraine with 84% pass accuracy and a rating of 7.3 which was up from 6.8 against Netherlands. He also looked good against North Macedonia with 92% pass accuracy rate, 0.83 of expected assist ratio and 4 chances created in that match. He got a rating of 8.2.

Midfield

Italy midfield against Wales was brilliant. The most highlighting was Verrati scoring the one and only goal in the match with 94% pass accuracy which includes 103 accurate passes and was rated 8.9. Jorginho is also their star midfielder with 98% pass accuracy rate against Wales and a rating of 7.7. He had the same rating against Switzerland. He had 90% pass accuracy rate and had won the most number of duels, 7, in that match. His ratings against Turkey was 8.5 with 94% pass accuracy rate and 0.28 of expected assist ratio.

Austria midfield has Schlager who had the most dribbles against Ukraine, 3 and most tackles, 4 during the match. Pass accuracy rate was also pretty good, 81% and rating of 8.3. Against North Macedonia also he was rated 7.2 with 86% pass accuracy rate and 5 duels won.

Laimer in the midfield looked a bit sloppy against both Ukraine and Netherlands drawing ratings of only 6.7 and 6.4. He was solid against North Macedonia where he won 4 duels, chances created 3 and a rating of 7.6. He needs to find the rhythm against a tough opponent like Italy.

Defense

Chiellini is expected to return against Austria after the injury due to which he missed out against Wales. Cheillini against Turkey was quite good had 89% pass accuracy rate, had 3 clearances and 1 headed clearances and was rated 7.7 but apart from that he has a long international experience and is also the captain of the team.

He will have the support from Bonucci, who is an experienced and premium player. He was a little out of form against Wales still got 90% pass accuracy rate but his rating in the match was just 6.8 rating.

Austria defense has Alaba who was Man of the Match in both their winnings, that is against North Macedonia and Ukraine.  Against Ukraine he had created the most chances which was 5 and had a pass accuracy rate of 73%, his expected assist ratio was 0.46.

Italy vs Austria Euro 2021 Round of 16 Odds and Predictions. Recent form.

Italy sailed through the group stages after winning all the matches and recently against Wales as they received 9 points with 7 goals given and no goal conceded.

Austria started off well by winning against North Macedonia but were defeated by Netherlands. They are coming off a win against Ukraine in last match. They qualified for Last 16 with 6 points and had scored 4 goals and conceded 3 in Group matches.

Italy vs Austria Football Predictions and Betting Odds: Head-to-Head

It would be completely unwise to judge the current form of both the teams by considering the head-to-head record of both the teams. The last time the two teams met was back in 2008 and it has been almost 13 years since the two teams were involved in any one-on-one match across all the tournaments.

However, before the Saturday night match, the two teams have played 35 matches against each other. They have had almost equal number of wins. Italy have won 16 matches while Austria defeated Italy on 11 occasions.

The last match between the two teams was an international friendly which ended in a 2-2 goal draw.

Read: Portugal vs France Football Predictions and Betting Odds

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

3 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Gagan Rimal
3 months ago

Good

3
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x