Japan vs Croatia Prediction: Statistical Analysis
Japan vs Croatia Prediction
When is Japan most likely to score a goal? Japan is most likely to score in the second half.
When is Croatia likely to score a goal? Croatia is likely to score in the first half.
Who is likely to score a goal for Japan? Ritsu Doan is most likely to score for Japan.
Who is likely to score a goal for Croatia? Kramaric is most likely to score for Croatia..
Japan vs Croatia Goal Prediction? Japan: 1, Croatia: 2
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate recent performance
Japan will face Croatia in the round of 16 of the 2022 FIFA World Cup on Monday.
In a thrilling second-half comeback, Japan defeated Spain 2-1 on Thursday to advance as group winners to the World Cup knockout rounds.
In a close game, Croatia and Belgium drew and advanced to the round of 16, but only after finishing in second place in the group behind Morocco, which defeated Canada 2-1 to take first position.
Japan: Last 5 Matches (Only Tournament games)
- Japan has won 3 out of the last 5 tournament games. Japan has won three, drawn one and lost one in the previous five matches. The goal aggregate for the previous five matches was 7:4. Japan has won two and lost 0 in the last two matches against European teams. Japan are aggregating 4-2 in the last two matches.
- Japan has won two of their last five matches at the World Cup. Japan are 6-7 in the last five world cup matches.
- Average first goal: 55-65 minutes. Japan has scored 4 out of 4 goals in the second half in the World cup.
Croatia: Last 5 Matches (Only Tournament games)
- Croatia has won 3 out of the last 5 tournament matches, has not lost a single game, and has a total goal aggregate for the last five matches is 9:3. Croatia has faced two matches against a non-European team, defeated Canada and drew against Morocco.
- Croatia has won 2 of its last 5 World Cup matches with a combined total goal total of 8-4.
- Average First Goal: 40-45 minutes. Croatia’s average first goal has come in the first half.
Japan vs Croatia prediction: World Cup attack analysis
In the three World Cup games, Japan has been above average offensively, scoring 1.33 goals on average with an average xG of 1.10 goals. Japan has 190 touches in its half compared to 172 in the opposing half. With a shooting accuracy of 32% and an avg. a dribble of 5.2, Japan has shot 10 shots per game.
Croatia has been inconsistent in goal scoring with the 2018 World Cup runner-up failing to score in the two games. Croatia has averaged 1.33 goals per match with an average xG of 1.50. Croatia’s midfield has been effective, Croatia’s 60% of touches has come in the opposition half.
Japan vs Croatia Prediction: Forward Statistics
- Japan has scored four goals in the World cup so far with an average of 1.33 goals per match.
- Ritsu Doan has been Japan’s most dangerous player. As a forward, he has scored 2 goals at an average of 0.66 goals per match, including two goals against Germany and Spain. Ritsu Doan has scored 2 goals from 3 shots at a shooting accuracy of 66.67%.
- Each of Ao Tanako and Takumo Asano scored a goal in the World Cup 2022. Ao Tanako has scored 1 goal from 1 shot on target with a shooting accuracy of 100%. Takumo has scored a goal 2 goals from 8 shots.
World Cup Goals: Japan (2022)
- Ritsu Doan: 2
- Ao Tanaka: 1
- Takuma Asano: 1
- In the last three matches, Croatia has scored 4 goals at an average of 1.33 goals per game.
- Andrej Kramaric scored two goals in their three matches. Kramaric averaged 0.80 goals per match. Kramaric has scored two goals in the 5 shots and is averaging 60% shooting accuracy to go with a passing accuracy of 70%.
- Marko Livaja scored 1 goal in the three matches, an average of 0.33 goals per match to go with a shooting accuracy of 42%.
- Lavro Majer has also scored 1 goal with a shooting accuracy of 32%.
Croatia: World Cup 2022 goals
- Kramaric: 2
- Livaja: 1
- Majer: 1
Japan vs Croatia Prediction: Defensive Analysis
Japan has been competent defensively in patches. Japan failed to concede after taking the lead against Germany and Spain but also conceded against an incompetent Costa Rica. Japan has made 65% successful tackles and has also fared well on interceptions and Ground duels. Japan has averaged 12 shots conceded per match.
Croatia has been compact in the defence and has just conceded 1 goal with two clean sheets. Croatia has been world class on tackles with a success rate of more than 80%. Croatia has conceded 8 shots per match in the World Cup so far.
Japan vs Croatia Head-to-Head Statistics
Japan and Croatia have faced each other thrice in football history. Both teams are tied with one win each.
Last Meeting: Japan and Croatia Played 0-0 draw in the World Cup 2006.
Key Snapshots: This Fixture
- The Fixture has seen 2.66 goals per match.
- Japan last defeated croatia in the 1997 Japan Kirin Cup. The Nippon defeated Croatia 4-3.
Japan vs Croatia Odds
Japan vs Croatia team news and Predicted Line up
Daizen Meda, Takefus Kubo, and Ao Tanaka all returned to the team for the win over Spain. At right-back, Shogo Taniguchi is expected to start over Miki Yamane.
Croatia does not have any fresh injury concerns at the moment.
Japan’s Predicted Line-up: Shuichi Gonda; Maya Yoshida, Shogo Taniguchi, Ko Itakura; Hidemasa Morita, Ao Tanaka, Junya Ito, Y Nagatomo; Daizen Maeda, Daichi Kamada, Takefusa Kubo
Croatia’s Predicted Line-up: Dominik Livakovic, Dejan Lovren, Josip Juranovic, Josko Gvardiol, Borna Sosa ,Luka Modric, Mateo Kovacic, Marcelo Brozovic, Ivan Perisic, Andrej Kramaric, Marko Livaja
The fact that Japan made it to Round of 16 surprised a lot, mainly because they were grouped with Spain and Germany. The performance of both teams differs on two fronts, however. Croatia has been solid defensively but Japan’s attack is breathing fire and is one of the highest-pressing sides in the Second half of the world cup and are fresh from two victories over World Cup favourites Germany and Spain. Croatia however might be confident about their chances with dynamic Midfield in their ranks which can change the course of the match in minutes.
Prediction: Japan in spite of two wins over Germany and Spain might find hard against Croatia. Croatia to win 2-1