UFC 265: Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Jessica Penne Predictions And Betting Odds
Karolina Kowalkiewicz has been plotted against Jessica Penne at UFC 265 which is scheduled to take place on 7th August 2021. The venue for the big clash is yet to be announced. The fight was announced earlier this year in June. The two former UFC strawweight title challengers will be awaiting the crucial match-up.
UFC 265: Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Jessica Penne Predictions And Betting Odds: Preview
Kowalkiewicz (12-6 MMA, 5-6 UFC) is yet to make an appearance since her last fight in February 2020 against Yan Xiaonan at UFC Fight Night 168 in Auckland, New Zealand. Yan Xiaonan was announced the winner by unanimous decision. That marked Kowalkiewicz’s 4th loss in a row. Nevertheless, she did defeat current champion Rose Namajunas which cleared her way for a title shot vs. then champions Joanna Jedrzejczyk. However, she lost to Jedrzejzyk which also ended her undefeated run. She’s 2-6 since the fight, back in 2016.
Penne (13-5 MMA, 2-3 UFC) made a strong comeback on ESPN 22 in April where she downed former LFA strawweight winner Lupita Godines by split decision. That was Penne’s first fight since 2017 and her first win since 2014. She lost major of her time due to injuries minus the USADA ban. She lost three matches in a trot including her title fight against Joanna Jedrzejczyk in 2015.
UFC 265: Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Jessica Penne Predictions And Betting Odds: Match Odds
Money Line: -125
UFC 265: Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Jessica Penne Predictions And Betting Odds: Match Predictions
Both, Kowalkiewicz and Jessica Penne are out of touch in the sport. However, both of them are under the UFC contract and will eye to make a statement with the fight. Karolina Kowalkiewicz is the favourite to win the fight. However, the match has the potential to swing in any direction.
UFC 265: Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Jessica Penne Predictions And Betting Odds: Latest Updates
The full card reported to this point breaks down as follows:
- Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Julianna Peña
- Vince Morales vs. Drako Rodriguez
- Johnny Muñoz Jr. vs. Jamey Simmons
- José Aldo vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Melissa Gatto vs. Victoria Leonardo
- Casey Kenney vs. Song Yadong
- Tecia Torres vs. Angela Hill
- Vicente Luque vs. Michael Chiesa
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Ed Herman
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Jessica Penne
UFC 265 Preliminary card (ESPN/ESPN+)
- Women’s strawweight bout: Tecia Torres vs. Angela Hill
- Bantamweight bout: Song Yadong vs. Casey Kenney
- Women’s strawweight bout: Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Jessica Penne
UFC 265 Early preliminary card (ESPN+/UFC Fight Pass)
- Light heavyweight bout: Ed Herman vs. Alonzo Menifield
- Flyweight bout: Manel Kape vs. Ode’ Osbourne
- Women’s flyweight bout: Victoria Leonardo vs. Melissa Gatto
- Bantamweight bout: Vince Morales vs. Drako Rodriguez
- Bantamweight bout: Johnny Munoz Jr. vs. Jamey Simmons
UFC 265 another big fight
Derrick Lewis will tussle with Ciryl Gane for the interim heavyweight title in UFC 265 on August 7th in Houston. Frenchman Gane (9-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) has made a quick rise in the ranks to set up a thrilling contest against Lewis (25-7 MMA, 16-5 UFC).
While Gane has shown no mercy in his journey up the heavyweight ladder, Lewis has been uncertain but victorious. Lewis has made some strong comebacks from behind. He got the better of Alexander Volkov and Curtis Blaydes in February.
Derrick Lewis, also known as “The Black Beast” has an impressive record of an 80 percent knockout rate under his belt. 31-year-old Gane, who has maintained a perfect record in his career till now, is aware that it will only take a single blow from Lewis to put an end to the game.