Los Angeles Clippers vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions
The weekday has Los Angeles Clippers take on minnows Orlando Magic in a one-sided encounter at the Staples Center on Tuesday night. The Orlando Magic is looking to turnaround their campaign after back-to-back defeats in the recent games.
On the other hand, the Clippers are back on their toes after a slight slip up at the start of this month. While it is a great opportunity for the Magic to spring a surprise against a mighty opposition, Clippers hold all the aces in this supposedly one-sided clash.
Clippers are on the roll with 5-games win streak which Magic have lost the momentum completely and are now just one spot above the bottom spot in Eastern Conference points table. The Los Angeles Clippers vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions will be updated in this space on game day.
Los Angeles Clippers vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch
Kawhi Leonard who has played at the small forward position was playing on a different level as he fetched 28 points and 4 assists against 76ers in his last outing.
Paul George who is the shooting guard has a superior 3-point conversion of 42.6% while Serge Ibaka needs to do better than 10.9 points per game in this season. But he has more than made it up with an average of 6.7 rebounds per game.
Terance Mann who is the shooting guard in the side with an efficiency rating of 13.07 and an average of 3.7 rebounds in every outing so far. Reggie Jackson who is the point guard came up with 12 points and 2 assists in 29 minutes.
Khem Birch who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 5.6 points and 5.3 dribbles in this season so far.
Dwayne Bacon who is the shooting guard scored 26 points against Lakers while another guard Alan Farouq Aminu has an average of 5.2 points per game in addition to 4.1 rebounds. Chuma Okeke brings the power and versatility to the center with a free throw percentage of 62.5% and a field goal percentage of 41.5% in this edition.
Terrence Ross has been a versatile player who has gathered points from several positions for the side. He averages 16 points along with 1.1 steals every game.
Los Angeles Clippers vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Los Angeles Clippers are looking like one of the teams to beat after consistently putting some strong performances in the Western conference. They have so far accumulated 31 victories as opposed to just 16 losses so far.
They were off to a good start with wins against best of the sides. Barring a few hiccups, their initial phase of the campaign was largely successful that put them in the driver seat. In the last 5 appearances, they have suffered a major boost with triumphs coming against 76ers, Celtics, Spurs, Hawks and Hornets after getting involved in an unexpected 3-match losing streak.
The Orlando Magic has run out of fuel after firing on all cylinders in the initial part of the season. They were off to a huge start with number of games going their way. But a 3-match losing streak meant that their campaign took a complete detour as they started falling back in the points table.
They never recovered from the blow they faced as the side is currently sitting in 14th spot. Looking at their recent games, they are on a 2-game losing streak against the likes of Lakers and Trail Blazers and are under the pump after winning just twice out of 10 occasions. On top of this, they would like to improve their dismal 5-16 away record in this season.
Los Angeles Clippers vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (62 games): Clippers – 33 wins, Magic – 29 wins.
Playoffs played: 0.
Previous meeting: Clippers won 116-90 on 29th January 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Los Angeles Clippers vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The betting giant Oddschecker have labelled the Orlando Magic as the clear underdogs with heavy odds stacked against them whereas the Clippers are one of the top 3 favorites to bag the championship. Another platform SMarkets are also of the same opinion that the Los Angeles Clippers are a formidable side contending for the title.
Looking at the prediction for this particular face-off, Clippers are ahead by a mile with an 84% chance whereas Magic has their task cut out with a paltry 16% chance to play with, according to FiveThirtyEight.