Los Angeles Clippers vs Utah Jazz 19 February: Clippers vs Jazz NBA Odds and Predictions
The NBA has a number of games scheduled over the weekend, but the focus is on the exciting clash between Los Angeles Clippers and Utah Jazz.
The game is scheduled to be held in the Staples Center on 19th February. The Clippers are looking to make it to the top position whereas Jazz are currently banking on the winning momentum that has taken them to the pinnacle.
Even though it looks like Clippers have had a good season so far, the Jazz are in the groove to pull out yet another win. The prediction platforms have also reflected the same, giving a thumbs up to the visitors.
Los Angeles Clippers vs Utah Jazz 19 February Odds and Prediction Summary
Clippers vs Jazz NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Los Angeles Clippers are looking like one of the strong contenders in Western conference after consistent performance for the side. They started on a good note with important wins in the initial phase.
This trend continued as they amassed some important victories in January. Looking at this month’s campaign so far, the side has managed to achieve victories against Heat, Bulls and Cavaliers while they suffered defeats against Jazz, Kings and Celtics that prevented their upward trajectory in the table. They are currently sitting in 3rd spot with 21 triumphs and 9 losses.
On the other hand, Utah Jazz are firing on all cylinders enabling them to play on the front foot in all the games so far. This has also helped them retain the top spot in the Western conference.
Despite some initial hiccups, their January campaign pushed them to the top as they were part of a 11-match unbeaten streak. This also meant that they were in the fray to go deep in this year’s tournament. As icing on the cake, they are currently in the midst of a 9-match winning streak that has helped them stay at the top for a long time.
Clippers vs Jazz NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head:
Regular season (189 games): Clippers – 80 wins, Jazz – 109 wins.
Playoffs (15 games): Clippers – 5 wins, Jazz – 10 wins.
Previous meeting: Jazz won 114-96 on 17th February 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Clippers vs Jazz NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch out
Marcus Morris Sr. who has played at the small forward position was unimpressive as he gathered just 9 points in just 32 minutes.
Lou Williams who is the shooting guard has a superior 3-point conversion of 39.4 in addition to averaging 12.4 points while Serge Ibaka is desperate to up his game as the Center player gave just 10 points without any assists against Jazz.
Terance Mann who is the shooting guard in the side with an efficiency rating of 11.19 and an average of 3.2 rebounds in every outing so far. But he needs to basket more in the coming games. Reggie Jackson was one of the few who looked comfortable in the middle with 15 points and 5 rebounds.
Donovan Mitchell was heavily impactful as he pitched in with 24 points and 7 assists against Clippers that helped them secure an all-important win. He has the best player efficiency rating of 18.98.
Jordan Clarkson who is the point guard has to tighten the screws after the star player has faded off slightly. He has averaged 18.2 points and 3.2 dribbles per game.
Rudy Gobert who plays as the center and power forward did his job pretty well with 23 points in 32 minutes along with 13.4 rebounds per game. Joe Ingles who plays as a guard brings a lot of quality as he provides a superior 3-point conversion of 45.1% in 25 games.
Clippers vs Jazz NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The rivalry between Clippers and Jazz is back to centerstage with the home team looking to avenge their last defeat. Looking at the outright predictions for the sides, the Los Angeles Clippers are still the 3rd favorites to grab the glory while Utah Jazz are slotted as the 5th best side to win the championship, according to Oddschecker and SMarkets.
Looking at this particular encounter, the match is expected to go down the wire with the away team having a 51% chance while the Clippers are right up there with 49% chance, according to FiveThirtyEight.