Los Angeles Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Odds and Predictions: Lakers vs Cavaliers Friday 26 March
The latest Los Angeles Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Odds and Predictions has predicted a win for the host Los Angeles Lakers against Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Los Angeles Lakers is set to face a feeble challenge when they face Cleveland Cavaliers on 26th March at the Staples Center. The Lakers who looked a little complacent in the initial phase have once again found themselves in no mans’ land.
On the other hand, the Cavaliers are far off from their post season spot but can give a run for anyone’s money on their day. Even though the Lakers are favored in the odds and predictions, the Cavaliers would like to replicate their last performance when they take on the defending champions on Friday night.
Los Angeles Lakers lost one more game last night to Philadelphia 76ers. However, they start as favorites for their Friday night class against Cleveland Cavaliers. Here are the Los Angeles Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Odds and Predictions for Friday night game updated on 26th March.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch
For Lakers, the form of their prime forward is what has kept them alive in the championship. LeBron James who plays as the small forward has averaged 25.6 points and is involved in 8 assists per game. His absence has left quite some vacuum in the side.
Dennis Schroder who has played at the point guard position has been a solid candidate for the side with an average of 15 points and 4.7 assists per game this season. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope lack of form is a huge sign of concern as the guard managed just 3 points in his last game.
Montrezl Harrell has been a great find with the center player having an efficiency of 23.25 in this edition.
Darius Garland is looking in hot form as he notched up 22 points in his last game. He has averaged 5.9 assists and 1.8 dribbles per game in this season.
Jarrett Allen provided great support as he pitched in with 19 points and 1 assist against Bulls. Isaac Okoro has been a permanent shooting guard with 2.8 rebounds per game and an average of 8 points in the middle.
Larry Nance Jr. has some big shoes to fill with the power forward managing just 9.6 points per game but has made it up in terms of assists. Dean Wade who plays as the forward came up with 10 points and 3 assists in just 24 minutes making him an important part of this side.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Los Angeles Lakers are currently stuck in the fourth spot with the side desperate to get to the top of the table in Western conference. The main reason behind this has been the absence of their star player LeBron James.
Despite all this, the giant side managed to register victories against Timberwolves, Pacers and Warriors this month. After that win against Hornets, the side has suffered three defeats, putting them under the pump for the next few games. This meant that they weren’t able to get back to 3rd spot by displacing Clippers. They have secured 28 wins and 17 losses so far.
The Cleveland Cavaliers have been constantly marred by defeats and are in no where near to recover from this position. They are currently tattering in 12th position with 17 wins and 27 defeats which includes a forgettable 6-15 away record, which has dented their chances for the postseason.
Looking at their campaign in March, they have secured victories against Bulls, Raptors, Celtics and Rockets as opposed to losses against giant sides like Heat, Hawks and Pacers. In the last 10 games, they have a 4-6 loss record which they would be looking to improve in the games to come.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (116 games): Cavaliers – 51 wins, Lakers – 65 wins.
Playoffs played: 0.
Previous meeting: Lakers won 115-108 on 25th January 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
It is very clear that the Los Angeles Lakers are starting as the clear favorites in this clash with the visiting side struggling to keep up. According to FiveThirtyEight, the hosts have a 74% chance to wrap up an important victory with the Cavaliers having just 26% chance to pull off a surprise.
On the other hand, the outright predictions are still believing that the Lakers are in a great position in this year’s championship. The premium platforms like SMarkets and Oddschecker have elevated the Lakers to be the top favorites to win the title with their opponents nowhere in contention for the post season games.