Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions
Tonight Dallas Mavericks lock horns against Los Angeles Lakers in a thrilling encounter at the American Airlines Center. The Dallas Mavericks who had performed underwhelmingly, have pulled up their socks at the right moment that has taken them to a comfortable position with a sure shot in the playoffs.
On the other hand, the Lakers are slightly caught off guard after inconsistency hindering their progress. While it is a great opportunity for the Lakers to improve their away record here, the Mavericks are sitting pretty with the wind blowing in their direction.
Lakers registered one more defeat on Thursday night at the hands of their Saturday night challenger Dallas Mavericks. FiveThirtyEight predicts an easy win for host, Dallas Mavericks when they take on Los Angeles Lakers once again on Saturday. The latest Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions give mixed result for this game.
The latest Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions updated on 24th April.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Dallas Mavericks came into the season with the least expectations which was justified as they never looked threatening in majority of the outings. They had to wait until the 3rd game to earn their 1st victory of the season against Clippers.
Their inconsistency and inability to convert the advantage to a victory has costed them big time this season. Focusing on their April journey, Mavericks managed to stitch some important victories against Celtics, Knicks, Wizards, Jazz and Lakers. Their 8-5 win-loss record this month meant that they climbed back to 7th place in the Western conference.
The Los Angeles Lakers are currently stuck in the fifth spot with the side desperate to get to the back to their best in Western conference. The main reason behind their inconsistency has been the absence of their star players LeBron James and Anthony Davis.
Despite all that is going against them, the side managed to secure five victories this month. After a win against Hornets last week, the side succumbed against Celtics and Jazz that has put their position in slight jeopardy as of now. They have secured 35 wins and 24 losses so far and are looking to carry their healthy away record against Mavericks.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (163 games): Mavericks – 49 wins, Lakers – 114 wins.
Playoffs played: Mavericks – 10 wins, Lakers – 12 wins.
Previous meeting: Mavericks won 115-110 on 22nd April 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to Watch
Luka Doncic is looking in hot form as he notched up 30 points against Lakers. He has averaged 28.6 points and 8.7 assists per game in this season.
Josh Richardson provided great support as he pitched in with 13 points and 2 rebounds. Kristaps Porzingis has been a permanent center with 7.4 dribbles per game and an average of 20.4 points in the middle.
Dorian Finney Smith has some big shoes to fill with the power forward managing just 9.3 points per game but has made it up in terms of 3-point conversion.
Dwight Powell played an important hand with the Center making 10 points in the last game.
Dennis Schroder who has played at the point guard position has been a solid candidate for the side with an average of 15.4 points and 3.5 rebounds per game this season. He also made 25 points against Mavericks.
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope lack of form is a huge sign of concern as the guard managed just 29 points in his last game in addition to 3-point conversion of 42%.
Montrezl Harrell has been a great find with the center player having an efficiency of 22.42 in this edition.
Andre Drummond has been a good find as the Center with the talented player having 1.6 steals and 8.9 rebounds per game.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
It is very clear that the Dallas Mavericks are starting as the clear favorites in this clash with the visiting side struggling to keep up. According to FiveThirtyEight, the hosts have a 60% chance to wrap up an important victory with the Lakers having just 40% chance to pull off a surprise.
On the other hand, the outright predictions are still believing that the Lakers are in a great position in this year’s championship while the Mavericks are playing catch up. The premium platforms like SMarkets and Oddschecker have elevated the Lakers as the 2nd favorites to win the title with their opponents placed as the 11th favorites in the championship.