Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions
This weekday has Dallas Mavericks lock horns against Los Angeles Lakers in a thrilling encounter at the American Airlines Center on Thursday night. The Dallas Mavericks who have performed underwhelmingly, are searching for some redemption to cement their post season spot.
On the other hand, the Lakers are looking to get back to winning ways after a big loss against Utah Jazz in the last game. While it is a great opportunity for the Lakers to pull off a win, the Mavericks are sitting pretty with the wind blowing in their direction.
FiveThirtyEight predicts a win for Dallas Mavericks in Thursday night clash against Los Angeles Lakers. The latest Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions are yet to be updated.The latest Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions will be updated on game day.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent Form
The Dallas Mavericks have not been exceptional, nor have they been battered with defeats this season. They had to wait until the 3rd game to earn their 1st victory of the season against Clippers. Their inconsistency and inability to convert the initial advantage to a victory might probably cost them a post season spot.
Focusing on their April journey, Mavericks managed to stitch some important victories against Grizzlies, Bucks, Jazz and Wizards. In their last game against Kings, they failed to get over the mark by a 121-107 margin handing them their 26th place in the table.
The reigning champions who were underwhelming in certain patches seems to have hit a roadblock yet again as they are stuck in the 5th spot in the Western Conference. Despite being an intrepid side in the tournament, they have failed to make it to the top of the table so far.
Even though they have managed to stitch 5 victories in the last ten games, they have lost against the likes of Celtics, Jazz, Knicks and Heat in the recent past. With an important encounter in their radar, they would be looking to grab their 36th win of the season on Thursday night.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (162 games): Mavericks – 48 wins, Lakers – 114 wins.
Playoffs played: Mavericks – 10 wins, Lakers – 12 wins.
Previous meeting: Lakers won 138-115 on 25th December 2020 in a regular season fixture.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to Watch
Luka Doncic is looking in hot form as he notched up 37 points against Kings. He has averaged 28.6 points and 8.7 assists per game in this season.
Josh Richardson provided great support as he pitched in with 7 points and 2 rebounds. He has also impressed everyone with a field-goal conversion of 42.8%.
Kristaps Porzingis has been a permanent center with 7.4 dribbles per game and an average of 20.5 points in the middle.
Dorian Finney Smith has some big shoes to fill with the power forward managing 9.3 points per game but has made it up in terms of assists. Jalen Brunson played an important hand with the small forward making 20 points in the last game.
Dennis Schroder has been one of the better guards for the side with an efficiency rating of 13.92. He was the top scorer against Jazz with 15 points and 6 assists.
Talen Horton-Tucker was the sparkle in the middle after he scored 24 points and 4 rebounds in his short stint in the middle.
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope who plays as the shooting guard has a field goal percentage of 42.9 and a free throw percentage of 84.8. He is expected to fare better than 9.3 points per game this season.
Kyle Kuzma finally found his groove as he amassed 17 points and 3 assists in his last game. He also has an efficiency rating of 12.81.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
It looks like Dallas Mavericks are in the driver seat in this particular encounter. According to FiveThirtyEight, Mavericks have 58% chance to wrap up an important victory with the Lakers in with a 42% chance to climb up the table.
Looking at the outright predictions from Oddschecker, the Lakers are the 2nd favorites to lift the NBA title while the Mavericks require something massive, with the side stuck at 11th position in terms of odds for this season. The SMarkets has also reiterated the same giving outside chances to the Mavericks with the Lakers sitting pretty.