Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions

Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions
0 0 votes
Article Rating

Houston Astros is predicted to win tonight against Oakland Athletics as per latest Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions

Oakland Athletics will be up against Houston Astros tonight at  Minute Maid Park. Both Astros and Athletics are leaders in AL West points table with Astros at the top with 52 wins and Athletics just behind them with 49 wins. Tonight will be the first game of the three-match series between the two teams.

Last Saturday night Houston Astros defeated Cleveland Indians in a very closely contested game while Oakland Athletics lost to Boston Red Sox. The Athletics will be in the hunt for the win tonight as in last games they have lost six games while the Astros have won their last 4 games and will be looking to continue their winning streak even tonight.

For Athletics, Matt Oslon has been his team from the front. He has  82 hits and 53 RBI as of now in this season’s MLB. He has been supported by  Jed Lowrie and Mark Canha. Together they have 138 hits and 69 RBI. If Athletics is to beat Astros tonight, the trio needs to up their game. Astros on the other hand have Yuli Gurriel with 91 hits and 53 RBI. Carlos Correa and Micheal Brantley have been of great support to Yuli. They have combined 176 hits and 83 RBI. 

Tonight Houston Astros will play a host to Oakland Athletics at Minute Maid Park.

Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions

FiveThirtyEight predicts a win for Houston Astros in tonight’s game against the Athletics. The latest Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions also predicts the same.

The latest Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions updated on 6th July.
Houston Astros
Oakland Athletics
Predicted Winner
Odds: 1.64
Odds: 1.87
Houston Astros
Spread: -1.5 (+118)
Spread: +1.5 (-132)
Houston Astros
Money Line: -170
Money Line: +145
Houston Astros

Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions: Match Details

Houston Astros vs Oakland Athletics

Scheduled Date and Time: July 6, 8:30 PM EST

Host Team: Houston Astros

Where to Watch: You can stream MLB games via MLBNetwork.com, via the MLB app, and through MLB.TV using Cable login.  If you don’t have a cable login, you can get a free trial from YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, AT&T TV Now, FuboTV, or Sling TV to stream the games.

Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions: Recent Form

Houston Astros have been in good touch this season. They are currently second in American League Conference just after Boston Red Sox. Among the AL West teams, the Astros sits at the top of the table with 52 wins and 33 losses. In their last 10 games, they have 5 wins and have tasted 5 defeats.

Talking about their campaign on roads, the Astros have registered 26 wins and have lost 17 games. They have scored 13 runs in their last three games and three or fewer runs in six of their last 10 games.

Oakland Athletics, on the other hand, are the second-seeded team in AL West. They have 49 wins and 37 defeats this season and are ranked at 5th position in their conference. In the last 10 games, they have 4 wins and 6 defeats and in the last three games, they have scored just 9 runs.

Hosting teams at home, they have 27 wins and 22 losses while on roads they have won 22 of 37 games and lost 15 games. The Athletics have won seven of their last 10 games when scoring four or more runs.

Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head

The very first game between Houston Astros and Oakland Athletics was back in the year 2002. Oakland Athletics defeated Houston Astros (5-3) in the very first encounter between the two teams. Since then the two teams have played 163 head-to-head games. Houston Astros have maintained a slight edge over Oakland Athletics in overall head-to-head encounters.

Of 163 games between the two teams, Houston Astros have 84 wins while Oakland Athletics have defeated Houston Athletics in 79 occasions. Astros have maintained a lead over the Athletics in both away and home games. At home Astros are 43-42 while on roads they have 41 wins and 37 losses.

This year there have been 10 head-to-head meets between the two teams with Astros winning 7 and Athletics winning just 3 games.

In the last five encounters, Athletics have 3 wins and Astros have 2 wins. The latest game between the two teams was won by Houston Astros (8-4).

Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner

In recent games between the two teams, the Astros have dominated Athletics. Even comparing the latest form of both the teams in this season’s MLB, Athletics have had multiple setbacks and they are desperately looking for a win. Home advantage along with recent form favors Houston Astros over Oakland Athletics for this game. FiveThirtyEight too predicts a win for Houston Astros in this game. As per them, the win probability of Astros for this game stands at 57% while for Athletics defeating Astros, the chances are 43%.

The latest Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions also suggest a win for the Astros in this game.

Looking at the outright prediction for this season’s MLB by Smarkets, Los Angeles Dodgers are favorites to win this season while Houston Astros is the 5th probable team to win this season.

Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions

Read: Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles Predictions and Betting Odds

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

2 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
trackback

[…] Also Read | Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions […]

trackback

[…] Also Read | Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros Odds and Predictions […]

2
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x