Philadelphia 76ers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions
Capital One Arena will play host to Washington Wizards and Philadelphia 76ers in third post season game of round one of the 2021 NBA Season.
In second game at Wells Fargo Centre with 50 percent audience capacity due to COVID-19 protocols, Philadelphia 76ers registered a convincing win 120-95 against Washington Wizards in the second game of the first round of NBA 2020-21 Postseason.
Philadelphia 76ers is leading the best of 7 game series by 2-0 as the series heads to the home of Wizards.
Philadelphia 76ers’ Russell Westbrook lost the cool during the second game when a person from the crowd threw popcorn on Russell Westbrook in the Wells Fargo Centre and the fan was banned permanently for the season.
Washington Wizards’ who are known for the defensive skills was evaporated in the second game and the cracks were evident in the defence line of the Wizards. They have good players at the central position in their battle against 76ers’ star Joel Embiid which may help them to revive in the Game 3.
Philadelphia 76ers is predicted to win clash against Washington Wizards. FiveThirtyEight gives Philadelphia 76ers 71% chances of win and for Washington Wizards chances stand at 29%. However, the latest Philadelphia 76ers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions are yet to be updated.The latest Philadelphia 76ers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions will be updated on game day.
Philadelphia 76ers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions: Match Details
Philadelphia 76ers vs Washington Wizards
Scheduled Date and Time: 29th May, 7:00 PM EST
Host Team: Washington Wizards, Capital One Arena
Philadelphia 76ers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent Form
Philadelphia 76ers’ Matisse Thybulle made 4 steals, 5 points and 5 blocks in less than 20 minutes that he spent on court against Wizards in last game
Joe Embiid and Ben Simmons scored 22 points each with 3 and 8 assists respectively.
Philadelphia 76ers finished the regular season on the top of the Eastern Conference points table with 49 wins and 23 losses. In last 10 games, they have maintained a win-loss record of 8-2. Looking at their record playing against Eastern conference teams, they have a record of 31-11. They have won 29 games and lost just 7 games playing at home.
The Philadelphia 76ers won the last game against Washington Wizards in a one-sided affair. The Washington Wizards will likely to be outmatched and lose the game again. Their chances of winning this game are slim at best, considering the Sixers has the best defence in the league.
Bradley Beal continued his great form in the tournament but could not help his side in registering a win in the series. He spent 35 minutes in the court and accumulated 33 points with 4 assists and 3 rebounds. The Washington Wizards are heavily dependent on the star player Bradley Beal to make a comeback in the series.
The Wizards were a disaster early in the season, dealing with injuries and a COVID-19 outbreak. They started 0-5 and were 17-32 in early April. They made the playoffs at 34-38 and are trying to become the first team with a losing record to win a playoff series since the Seattle 1987 reversal. The Washington Wizards finished regular season at 8th spot in the Eastern Conference. Playing at home Washington Wizards has won 19 games in 46 games, they have a win-loss record of 34-38.
Philadelphia 76ers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-Head
The head-to-head record between the two teams in regular season suggest, Philadelphia 76ers having an edge over Washington Wizards. The two teams have played a total of 309 games in regular season. Philadelphia 76ers have been successful on 186 occasions while Washington Wizards have won 123 games.
The Philadelphia 76ers have done well against the Washington Wizards this season. They have defeated Washington Wizards on all the three occasions in the regular season and won both the games in the postseason against Wizards.
Philadelphia 76ers won the last game comfortably and will be looking to win the third game with no resistance shown from Wizards in the first two games.
Philadelphia 76ers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
Philadelphia 76ers have been on top of their game against Wizards. According to FiveThirtyEight, the 76ers have a chance of 71% to secure a win against the Washington Wizards while Washington Wizards is given mere 29% chance.
Looking at the outright prediction for this season’s NBA, Brooklyn Nets is still favorites to win this season’s NBA as per Smarkets and Oddschecker. Philadelphia 76ers is 3rd favorites as per Smarkets and 5th favorites to win this season’s NBA as per Oddschecker.