Portland Trail Blazers vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions: Game 3
With series tied a 1-1, Portland Trail Blazers is set to host Denver Nuggets at Moda Center on Thursday night. The Trail Blazers defeated the Denver Nuggets in first game of the Playoffs while on Tuesday night Nuggets defeated Portland Trail Blazers, thereby levelling the series.
The heroics of Nikola Jokic helped the Nuggets seal a victory in 2nd game. Of 128 points scored by the Nuggets, Nikola Jokic in 30 minutes with 8 rebounds and 5 assists delivered 38 points for his team. For Trail Blazers despite Damien Lillard scoring 42 points for his team, they could manage only 109 points by the time when final whistle was blown. With series tied at 1-1, the Thursday night encounter is expected to be thrilling one.
Both Trail Blazers and Denver Nuggets will be looking forward to take a lead in the series. With home advantage in their side, the Portland Trail Blazers will start as favorites for the Game 3 on Thursday night game.
FiveThirtyEight predicts a win for the host Portland Trail Blazers. However, the latest Portland Trail Blazers vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions also predicts the same.The latest Portland Trail Blazers vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions updated on 27th May.
Portland Trail Blazers vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent Form
Portland Trail Blazers ended their regular season at 6th position in Eastern Conference. They had 42 wins and 30 looses in regular season and before they geared themselves for the post season game, Trail Blazers registered a massive win over the Denver Nuggets. The two teams have played all together 3 games this season including 2 post season games. Trail Blazers lead Nuggets by 2-1 this season. In last 10 games the Portland have won 7 games and lost just 3 games.
They ended their regular home campaign with 20 wins and 16 losses while they had 23 wins playing the teams from their own conference. They lost 19 conference games in the regular season.
The Nuggets on the other hand have had one of the best seasons as they ended their with 47 wins and only 25 losses, taking their winning percentage to massive 65.3%. The Nuggets were positioned quite comfortably as compared to the Blazers at the 3rd position.
In the last 10 games, the Nuggets have won five games and have lost five games including the post season games. They maintained a good away record with 22 wins and 14 losses. However, they lost their last away game which was against the Portland Trail Blazers itself. Their conference record has been slightly better than the Trail Blazers with 26 wins and 16 loses.
Portland Trail Blazers vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-Head
Regular season (187 games): Trailblazers – 100 wins, Nuggets – 87 wins.
Playoffs played: Trail Blazers – 10 wins, Nuggets – 9 wins.
Previous meeting: Nuggets won 128-109 on 25th May 2021 in a post season fixture.
Portland Trail Blazers vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions : Players to watch
Damian Lillard is the lead guard with an average of 38 points and 11.5 assists in 2 games.
Jusuf Nurkic who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 12.5 rebounds and free throw percentage of 80 in the post season fixture.
CJ McCollum has made 21 points and 6 rebounds. He also has an efficiency rating of 17.07.
Nikola Jokic has played both the games in the post season fixture and has been able to gather 36 points for the team and 12 rebounds, he has a efficiency rating of 43.80.
Monte Morris who plays as the point guard has done a fantastic job by making 11 points and 0.5 steals per game. He has a free throw percentage of 100.
Portland Trail Blazers vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The Nuggets and the Trail Blazers are both in the same zone and there is a thin line between the two. With the winning percentage of the two teams also extremely close, and the post season games being won by both the teams one each, FiveThirtyEight, predicts a very close game between the two teams. As per them, the probability of Trail Blazers beating Nuggets stands at 57% while for Nuggets beating the Trail Blazers, the probability stands at 43%.
The outright prediction for this season’s NBA still has Brooklyn Nets is favorites to win this season’s NBA as per Smarkets and Oddschecker. Denver Nuggets is 9th seeded as per both Smarkets and Oddschecker while Portland Trail Blazers is 10th seeded as per Smarkets and 11th favorite to win this season’s NBA.