Portugal vs Switzerland Prediction and Statistics
Portugal vs Switzerland Prediction
When is Portugal most likely to score a goal? Portugal is most likely to score in the second half.
When is Switzerland likely to score a goal? Switzerland is likely to score in the first half.
Who is likely to score a goal for Portugal? Ronaldo is most likely to score for Portugal.
Who is likely to score a goal for Switzerland? Breel Embolo is most likely to score for Switzerland.
Portugal vs Switzerland Prediction Score Portugal: 1, Switzerland: 2 ( Switzerland to win)
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances
Portugal will face Switzerland in the round of 16 of the 2022 FIFA World Cup on Tuesday at Lusail Stadium. Both sides’ paths to the round of 16 have been very different. Portugal won both of its first two games to secure a spot before the encounter against Korea, which shocked them in their final match. Switzerland defeated Serbia 3-2 on Friday to finish second in Group G, advance to the World Cup knockout phase for the third time in a row and set up a matchup with Portugal in the round of 16.
Portugal vs Switzerland Prediction: Goal Analysis
- In the last 5 tournament matches played this year, Portugal has a win-loss of 3-2 with a goal aggregate of 11-4. The average number of Goals scored is 2, and the average number of Goals conceded is 1
- Average FIRST goal scored in the World Cup: 41 Minutes. Average FIRST Goal Conceded in the World Cup: 50 Minutes
- In the last 5 tournament matches played this Switzerland has a 4-1 record with a goal aggregate of 8-5. The average number of Goals scored is between 1 and 2 while the average number of goals conceded is 1.
- The average FIRST goal scored in the World Cup: is 34 minutes. Average FIRST Goal Conceded in the World Cup: 50 Minutes
Switzerland vs Portugal Prediction: World Cup Attacking Stats
In the three World Cup games, Switzerland has been above average offensively, scoring 1.33 goals on average with an average xG of 1.50 goals. La Nati has 175 touches in its half compared to 190 in the opposing half. With a shooting accuracy of 40% and an avg. a dribble of 6.2, Switzerland has shot 12 shots per game.
Portugal has averaged 2 goals per match in the world cup so far equalling its xG. Selecao has averaged 12 shots per match to go with a shooting accuracy of 32%
POR vs SUI Prediction: Forward Statistics
- Portugal has scored six goals in the World cup so far with an average of 2.00 goals per match.
- Bruno Fernandes has been Portugal’s most dangerous player. The attacking midfielder has averaged 1.20 goals per 90 Minutes with a shooting accuracy of 42%.
- Portugal’s goals have been scored by Jaao Felix, Ronaldo, Ricardo Horta, and Rafael Leao. The Quadrat combined has scored four goals at 1.33 goals per match with a combined shooting accuracy of 45%.
World Cup Goals: Portugal (2022)
- Bruno Fernandes: 2
- Ronaldo: 1
- Joao Felix: 1
- Ricardo Horta: 1
- Switzerland has scored four goals in its last three games, an average of 1.33 goals per match.
- Breel Embolo has scored two goals in three matches for Switzerland. Embolo has averaged 0.67 goals per 90 minutes. Embolo has shot 3 out of 4 on target and has taken 1.53 shots.
- Remo Freuler and Xherdan Shaqiri scored a goal each. Both have taken 8 shots combined with a Shooting accuracy of 42%.
POR vs SUI Prediction: Defence Analysis
Portugal has conceded 4 goals at 1.33 goals per match with two goals against South Korea and two against Ghana. In their World Cup campaign, Portugal conceded the most goals after Ghana,
Switzerland has conceded 3 goals in the World Cup at 1.00 goals per match. In the World Cup campaign, Switzerland conceded the second least goal after Brazil in their group.
Portugal vs Switzerland H2H
Portugal and Switzerland have faced each other 24 times in football history. Switzerland leads Portugal 11-9 and 4 games ended in a draw.
Last meeting: Switzerland defeated Portugal 1-0.
Snapshots: Key highlights
- The last five matches between both sides have seen 2.6 goals per match.
- Portugal is leading Switzerland 3-2.
- Portugal has averaged 1.6 goals against Switzerland in the last five matches.
Portugal vs Switzerland Odds
Portugal vs Switzerland Predicted Lineup
Nuno Mendes is absent for the remainder of the World Cup, thus Diogo Dalot and Raphael Guerreiro are vying for the starting spot in Portugal’s defense.
Otavio and Danilo Pereira are questionable for this match after missing South Korea’s loss due to injury. The squad rotated out Bruno Fernandes and Bernardo Silva, who should now be back.
Switzerland has no Injuries at the moment.
Portugal Predicted lineup:
Costa; Cancelo, Pepe, Diaz, Guerreiro; Silva, Neves, Carvalho; Fernandes, Ronaldo, Felix
Switzerland Predicted lineup:
Sommer; Widmer, Akanji, Elvedi, Rodriguez; Shaqiri, Freuler, Xhaka, sow; Embolo, Vargas
This one is expected to be the most intriguing contest between two talented teams whose form has been quite contrasting from the last time when both teams met. Switzerland has reinforced its defence which looked fragile in the Nations League. on the other hand, Portugal’s attack has been steady but its defence remains its Weak link. Comparing both teams, Portugal’s midfield and attack are slightly superior to Switzerland’s. But Switzerland’s defence has been very potent and can be a difference in a close contest. Yann Sommer and Costa could decide the fate of the two teams. In terms of form and quality, Yann Sommer is ahead of Costa.