FIFA World Cup 2022: Costa Rica vs Spain Prediction
Costa Rica vs Spain Prediction
When is Spain most Likely to score a goal? Spain is likely to score a goal in the first half against Costa Rica.
When is Costa Rica most likely to score a goal? Costa Rica’s likely goal can come in the first half.
Who is likely to score a goal for Spain? Alvaro Morata has looked in amazing form for Spain in the Nations League, he is likely to score for them.
Who is Likely to score a goal for Costa Rica? Joel Campbell is the most likely to score for Costa Rica
Who is Likely to win the Match? Spain: 2 Costa Rica: 1
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances
Spain, the 2010 World Cup Champions will begin their campaign in Qatar by facing Costa Rica in Group E.
Both of these teams had disastrous tournaments in 2018, with Costa Rica placing last in their group and Spain losing to Russia in the Round of 16.
Although they appear to be in a difficult Group E with Germany and Japan, they will be ready to retaliate.
After struggling at their last two World Cups, La Roja under Luis Enrique will aim to do well at the premier event.
Spain had a promising young team and easily won their qualification group.
To advance to Qatar, Costa Rica defeated New Zealand in their qualification play-off match. We present the statistical analysis so that you may determine which side has an advantage going into this fixture.
Spain v Costa Rica Prediction: Goal Analysis
- Spain has won four of its last five matches. Spain averaged around 1.6 goals per match in its last five matches with a goal aggregate of 8:3
- Spain has conceded only 3 goals with three clean sheets in the last five matches.
- Spain has scored 5 of its 8 goals in the first half with its average goal scored between 25-35 minutes.
Spain scores in the last five matches
- Spain: 1, Switzerland: 0
- Spain: 2, Czech Republic: 0
- Spain: 1, Switzerland: 2
- Spain: 1, Portugal: 0
- Spain: 3, Jordan: 1
Spain in World Cups (Last five matches)
- Spain has faced Russia, Morocco, Iran, Portugal and Australia across World Cups in the last five matches. Spain has won two, lost two and drawn one.
- The total goal aggregate for the last five matches is 10: 6. Spain averaged around two goals per match and conceded 1.2 goals.
- Spain has scored two or more goals against Australia, Portugal and Iran. out of three matches, Spain drawn two and won one.
- Talking about the Time-Frame, Spain averaged first goal around 35-45 minutes.
- Costa Rica has not lost a single game in the last five matches. Costa Rica has won 4 and drawn one in its last five games. The total goal aggregate for 9: 3.
- Costa Rica averaged 1.8 goals per match and conceded 0.6 goals per match. Rica dominated the first half in its last five matches with its first goal averaging around 30-35 minutes.
Costa Rica scores last five matches:
- Costa Rica: 2, Martinique: 0
- Costa Rica: 1, New Zealand: 0
- Costa Rica: 2, Korea Republic: 2
- Costa Rica: 2, Uzbekistan: 1
- Costa Rica: 2, Nigeria: 0
Costa Rica in the World Cup (Last five matches)
- Costa Rica has struggled in its last five matches. Costa Rica has won one, lost 2 and drawn one
- Costa Rica has failed to score in three of its last five matches. Rica averages 0.6 goals per match.
- The total goal aggregate for the last five matches is 6-3
Costa Rica vs Spain Prediction: Forward Statistics
- Spain scored 15 goals in 8 games to qualify for the World Cup, averaging 1.67 goals and 12.7 shots per game with greater than 40% shooting accuracy.
- The majority of Spain’s goals during World Cup qualifying were scored by Ferran Torres. Torres averaged 1.4 shots per game, 0.73 goals per 90 minutes, and a 38% shooting efficiency.
- Morata had a 0.37 goal-per-90-minute average in 7 appearances and 2 goals overall. Morata had 2.1 shots per game on average and an overall qualifying rating of 6.34.
- Costa Rica scored 13 goals in 14 fixtures in World Cup qualification at 0.93 goals per match.
- Joel Cambell spearheaded their attack with 2 goals in 11 matches averaging around 0.19 goals per 90 minutes with 1.5 shots per game at a shooting accuracy of 25 %.
- Celso Borges too scored two goals. Borges scored two goals in 13 matches at 0.21 goals per match with a shooting accuracy of 31%
Costa Rica vs Spain Prediction: Defence Analysis
In the World Cup qualification, Spain conceded five goals while keeping four clean sheets. Spain averaged 11.6 tackles per match in the qualification with 8.6 Interceptions and played with an average rating of 6.76.
Costa Rica conceded only eight goals in World Cup qualification and secured seven clean sheets. Rica was impressive on interceptions and clearances. Rica’s save percentage was one of the highest in the World Cup qualifiers with Navas averaging 73% saves per match.
Spain vs Costa Rica Head to Head
Costa Rica and Spain have played three times against each other. Spain has wood over Costa Rica with two wins and a draw.
Last Meeting: Spain defeated Costa Rica in their last encounter.
Spain vs Costa Rica Head to Head: Highlights
- The tie has seen 4.0 goals per match.
- Spain has scored 9 of the twelve goals scored in this tie.
- Costa Rica has failed to score once in three matches.
Spain vs Costa Rica Odds
Costa Rica vs Spain Prediction: World Cup Squads
Goalkeepers: Esteban Alvarado, Keylor Navas, Patrick Sequeira
Defenders: Juan Pablo Vargas, Keysher Fuller, Oscar Duarte, Bryan Oviedo, Francisco Calvo, Kendall Watson, Carlos Martinez, Rional Mattaritta Daniel Chacon,
Midfielders: Celso Borges, Jewison Bennette, Bryan Ruiz, Anthony Hernandez, Douglas Lopez, Gerson Torres, Roan Wilson, Alvaro Zamora, Brandon Aguilera, Yeltsin Tejeda, Youstin Salas
Forwards: Anthony Contreras, Johan Venegas, Joel Campbell
Goalkeepers: Unai Simon, Robert Sanchez, David Raya.
Defenders: Dani Carvajal, Cesar Azpilicueta, Eric Garcia, Hugo Guillamon, Pau Torres, Aymeric Laporte, Jordi Alba, Jose Gaya.
Midfielders: Sergio Busquets, Rodrigo, Gavi, Carlos Soler, Marcos Llorente, Pedri, Koke
Forwards: Ferran Torres, Nico Williams, Yeremy Pino, Alvaro Morata, Marco Asensio, Pablo Sarabia, Dani Olmo, Ansu Fati
Costa Rica vs Spain Prediction and Final Analysis
The Spain-Costa Rica match might be closer than people think. In the matches against Spain, Rica has averaged one goal per match that said, Costa Rica leading into the World Cup has been unbeaten in its Last five matches averaging around 1.8 goals per match.
Despite Costa Rica’s Overall form, Spain is the massive favorite for this game. Spain boasts of some amazing talent going forward which is easily evident in the amount of the goals Spaniards have scored leading into the Tournament,
Prediction: Spain will win this but we back Costa Rica to score a goal. Predicted Scoreline: 2:1