UFC 265: Ciryl Gane vs Derrick Lewis Odds and Predictions. Ciryl Gane Knocks out Derrick Lewis
Gane wins by KO
Derrick Lewis will tussle with Ciryl Gane for the interim heavyweight title in UFC 265 on August 7th in Houston. Frenchman Gane (9-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) has made a quick rise in the ranks to set up a thrilling contest against Lewis (25-7 MMA, 16-5 UFC).
While Gane has shown no mercy in his journey up the heavyweight ladder, Lewis has been uncertain but victorious. Lewis has made some strong comebacks from behind. He got the better of Alexander Volkov and Curtis Blaydes in February.
Derrick Lewis, also known as “The Black Beast” has an impressive record of an 80 percent knockout rate under his belt. 31-year-old Gane, who has maintained a perfect record in his career till now, is aware that it will only take a single blow from Lewis to put an end to the game.
UFC 265: Ciryl Gane vs Derrick Lewis Odds and Predictions: Key Stats
Lost KO/TKO-1, Won KO/TKO-2
KO/TKO -1, Unanimous-3
UFC 265: Ciryl Gane vs Derrick Lewis Odds and Predictions: Odds Update
Money Line: +240
Money Line: -333
Money Line: +270
Money Line: -335
UFC 265: Ciryl Gane vs Derrick Lewis Odds and Predictions: Staredowns, Latest Analysis and fighter comments
- Video: Derrick Lewis, Ciryl Gane separated at UFC 265 final faceoff in Houston
- UFC 265 Results: Lewis vs. Gane
- Video: Tensions flare between Derrick Lewis, Ciryl Gane in final UFC 265 staredown
- UFC 265: Lewis vs. Gane Weigh-In Results: All Fights Get The Green Light
- Is Ciryl Gane ready for the top?
- UFC’S CIRYL GANE ON DERRICK LEWIS NOT MY TOUGHEST OPPONENT … Volkov’s More Dangerous
- Derrick Lewis roasts reporter at UFC 265 presser: ‘Excuse my French, but f—k you and f—k him’
In an interview, Ciryl Gane said that he plans to end the match before fifth round. He added, “I will apply pressure, throw a lot of punches – I will make good statistics. If I win, I plan to do it by KO. This is my prediction.”
UFC 265: Ciryl Gane vs Derrick Lewis Odds and Predictions: What do the fighters have to say?
Ciryl Gane has a trick to handle Derrick Lewis
Ciryl Gane has penned down a simple strategy for his clash against Derrick Lewis, which is to “stick and move“.
“This guy is really dangerous with his fists,” Gane told MMA Junkie. “So the plan is made pressure, touch him – but he’s not going to touch me. … I think it’s going to be my game plan like every fight: Touch the guy and never get touched “I touch him and he never touches me – something like that. And if it’s possible, finish the fight before the end. I’m going to try.”
Derrick Lewis wants to see the money
However, it was very easy for Derrick Lewis to pick an opponent between heavyweight champions Francis Ngannou and Ciryl Gane. It actually didn’t matter to him until the zeros on the cheque are the same.
“They told me what I’m getting paid if I’m fighting Francis, and they told me what I’m getting paid if I’m fighting Ciryl,” Lewis told reporters backstage at UFC 264. “So it doesn’t matter to me.”
“He’s boring most of the time, but he’s smart,” Lewis said. “It’s still going to be a fun night with me if he’s going to try and stay away and do all his little fancy kicks. I’m still going to have my moment in the fight.”
UFC 265: Ciryl Gane vs Derrick Lewis Odds and Predictions: Match Details
- Date: 7th August 2021
- Venue: Toyota Center (Houston), Houston, TX
- Main Card: 7:30 AM
- Prelims: ESPN+5:30 AM
- Early Prelims: ESPN+3:30 AM
UFC 265 Derrick Lewis vs Ciryl Gane Predictions And Betting Odds: Fight card
The #UFC265 main card is loaded! 🤩
UFC 265 Preliminary card (ESPN/ESPN+)
- Women’s strawweight bout: Tecia Torres vs. Angela Hill
- Bantamweight bout: Song Yadong vs. Casey Kenney
- Women’s strawweight bout: Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Jessica Penne
UFC 265 Early preliminary card (ESPN+/UFC Fight Pass)
- Light heavyweight bout: Ed Herman vs. Alonzo Menifield
- Flyweight bout: Manel Kape vs. Ode’ Osbourne
- Women’s flyweight bout: Victoria Leonardo vs. Melissa Gatto
- Bantamweight bout: Vince Morales vs. Drako Rodriguez
- Bantamweight bout: Johnny Munoz Jr. vs. Jamey Simmons