Tokyo Olympics: USA vs Australia Betting Odds and Predictions
The United States women’s basketball team have booked their meeting against Australia in the quarter-finals of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Team USA surpassed a tough challenge in front of them in the name of the French national team. The USA got the better of France on Monday as they clinched the top spot in Group B. Team USA won the game 93-82 to remain undefeated in the 2020 Summer Olympics. The USA are currently on a 52-game unbeaten winning streak in the Olympics.
Tokyo Olympics: USA vs Australia Betting Odds and Predictions- Preview
France started the game well, but the USA made a firm comeback to maintain their domination in the tournament. The game was decided in the fourth quarter nicked a close win against a well-built French side. “Here’s the thing: We take everybody’s best effort,” Team USA coach Dawn Staley said. “A marathon isn’t won in the first mile, and the first quarter is the first mile to us. We get everybody’s best shot; the adrenaline is flowing on both sides. It’s hard to create separation.
The Australians, on the other hand, have struggled in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics so far. The Opals finished third in their respective group as they somehow managed to make it to the knockout stage of the competition. The Australians are missing the services of Liz Cambage in Tokyo. Nevertheless, they are still one of the most talented bunch in the tournament and can inflict an upset over team USA. The Australians managed to down team USA in one of their pre-season games last month.
Tokyo Olympics: USA vs Australia Betting Odds and Predictions- Match Odds
|Australia||Draw||The USA||Predicted Winner|
ET. Caesars Sportsbook has Team USA listed as a 14.5-point favourite. Team USA is also listed at -1700 on the money line (risk $1700 to win $100), while the Over-Under is set at 160.
- Moneyline: AUS: (+900) | USA: (-2500)
- Spread: AUS: +14.5 (-111) | USA: -14.5 (-115)
- Total: 159.5 – Over: (-111) | Under: (-115)
- Odds to Win Gold Medal: AUS: (+2200) | USA: (-500)
Tokyo Olympics: USA vs Australia Betting Odds and Predictions- Match Prediction
The USA are the clear favorites to win the upcoming quarter-finals clash against Australia. Pundits do not doubt that the Americans will continue their hold in the tournament as they are tipped to win the gold this year. The odds are also in the favour of the USA.
Tokyo Olympics: USA vs Australia Betting Odds and Predictions- Latest Form
Australia’s latest form
- Australia have already lost 2 games out of the three they have featured in Tokyo so far.
- They lost 85-70 to Belgium and 76-74 to China.
- They won 96-69 against Puerto Rico.
Team USA latest form
- Team USA have played three games in the 2020 Olympics so far and have managed to win in all of them.
- They won 81-72 against Nigeria, 86-69 against Japan and 93-82 against France.
- Their record is 3-0 in the tournament so far.
- Competition: 2020 Olympic Women’s Basketball Game — Quarterfinals
- Match: Australia vs. Team USA
- Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2021
- Time: 12:40 a.m. EST
Tokyo Olympics: USA vs Australia Betting Odds and Predictions- Stats
- Team USA won against France, 93-82, in their latest 2020 Tokyo Olympic game on Sunday, August 1.
- Australia fell short against China, 76-74, in their latest 2020 Tokyo Olympic game on Friday, July 30.
- Australia are 1-2 at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- Team USA are 3-0 at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.