USA vs Iran Prediction: Statistical Analysis
USA vs Iran Prediction
When is the USA most Likely to score a goal? The USA is most likely to score in the first half,
When is Iran likely to score a goal? Iran is likely to score in the second half.
Who is likely to score a goal for the USA? Timothy Weah is the most likely to score for the USA
Who is Likely to score a goal for Iran? Mehdi Taremi is the most likely to score for Iran.
USA vs Iran Goal Prediction? USA: 1, Iran: 2
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances.
USA and Iran will face off at the Al Thumama Stadium on Tuesday in Group B of the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Both teams had contrasting results on Matchday 2. Despite dominating in attack, the United States struggled to defeat England on Friday, drawing 0-0.
Two goals in stoppage time helped Iran beat Wales 2-0 at the World Cup on Friday. The goals by Roozbeh Cheshmi and Ramin Rezaeian gave Iran a realistic chance of making it to the knockout stages, leaving Wales with much work to do.
USA vs Iran Prediction: Goal Analysis
(Last 5 games: Tournaments and Qualifiers)
- USMNT has won just 1 out of the last 5 games, 3 of these games were drawn. The overall goal aggregate is 7-4 with 5 of those Goals coming from just 1 match against Grenada. The USMNT is one of 11 teams that hasn’t lost a single game this world cup
- The US is an ultra-defensive team with an average first goal in the 57th minute. Overall, the team’s goal-scoring abilities are quite questionable.
- Considering the last 10 matches (including friendlies), the US has scored 2 or more goals in 30% of matches, no goal in 50% of matches, and 1 Goal in 20% of the matches.
- Iran has won 3 out of its last 5 matches with an aggregate of 7-8. In these 5 games, Iran has conceded Goals only in two matches against England and South Korea.
- Considering the last 10 games (including friendlies), Iran has scored 2 or more goals in 30% of games, no goal in just 20% of the games, and 1 goal in 50% of the games.
USA World Cup Analysis: Last two games ( Attack Analysis)
The USMNT has struggled to score goals in the two matches despite dominating the proceedings. The USA has taken 16 shots to achieve the goal in two games. The shooting accuracy for the USA is 12.5%. The USA’s average rating is 6.49. The USA played with an xG of 0.79 against Wales with the most significant threat coming from open play with an xG of 0.72. USA against England despite taking 10 shots only hit 1 shot on target with 6 shots inside the box.
- Iran is averaging 2 goals per match in this World Cup, 0.5 goals more than their last five qualification matches. Iran is averaging 14.5 Shots per goal with a shooting accuracy of 34. Iran has played with an Average xG of more than 1.50 in both games with 7 shots inside the box. 1.5 goals were scored out of those seven shots.
USA vs Iran Prediction: Forward Statistics
- The USA has scored only one goal in the World cup so far with an average of 0.50 goals per match.
- Timothy Weah has looked the most dangerous for the USA so far. The forward has made 1.5 key passes and 0.5 dribbles. Weah averages 2.8 shots per goal this season.
- Christian Pulisic is playing with an average rating of 6.83 with 1.5 key passes and has also provided one assist.
World Cup Goals: USA (2022)
- Timothy Weah: 1
- Iran has scored 4 goals in the World Cup so far averaging 2 goals per match with 2 of those coming from their second-highest goal scorer in World Cup qualification.
- Mehdi Taremi has scored 2 goals in the World cup so far. The Forward has made 4.5 key passes so far with 0.5 dribbles and has played with an overall rating of 7.74.
- The other two goals for Iran have come through defenders with Rezaian and Chesmi scoring the other two goals. Both have played with an average rating of over 7.20.
World Cup Goals: Iran (2022)
Mehdi Taremi: 2 goals
Ramin Rezaiean: 1 goal
Roozbeh Chesmi: 1 goal
USA vs Iran Prediction: Defensive Analysis
- The USA has been solid in defence in the World Cup with one clean sheet. The USA averages 7.5 shots to concede a goal. The USA averages 13 tackles per game and 4.5 Interceptions. USA’s average defensive ratings are higher as compared to their World Cup Qualification.
- Iran concedes 11.5 shots per goal and averages 15.5 tackles per game to go with 15 interceptions. Iran played with an average rating of 6.53. Iran has one clean sheet and has had one bad game against England where they conceded 6 goals.
USA vs Iran Odds
USA vs Iran Prediction: Head-to-Head Statistics
The United States and Iran have faced each other twice. Iran has a slight advantage over the USA. Iran has won once and the other game has ended in a draw.
Last Meeting: Iran drew the USA 1-1.
Key Snippets: matches
- Both teams have scored an average of 2.5 goals in total matches.
- USA has averaged 1 goal per match.
- Iran has averaged 1.5 goals per match.
USA World Cup Squad
Goalkeepers: Ethan Horvath, Sean Johnson, Matt Turner
Defenders: Cameron Carter-Vickers, Sergino Dest, Aaron Long, Shaq Moore, Tim Ream, Antonee Robinson, Joe Scally, DeAndre Yedlin, Walker Zimmerman
Midfielders: Brenden Aaronson, Kellyn Acosta, Tyler Adams, Luca de la Torre, Weston McKennie, Yunus Musah, Cristian Roldan
Forwards: Jesus Ferreira, Jordan Morris, Christian Pulisic, Gio Reyna, Josh Sargent, Tim Weah, Haji Wright
Iran World Cup Squad
Goalkeepers: Hossein Hosseini, Amir Abedzadeh, Mohammad Reza Akhbari, Payam Niazmand
Forwards: Karim Ansarifard, Mehdi Ghayedi, Allahyar Sayyadmanesh, Mohammad Mohebi, Kaveh Rezaei
Defenders: Morteza Pouraliganji, Ramin Rezaeian, Milad Mohammadi, Majid Hosseini, Rouzbeh Cheshmi, Omid Noorafkan
Midfielders: Omid Ebrahimi, Mehdi Torabi, Saman Ghoddos, Ali Gholizadeh, Ali Karimi, Milad Sarlak
Iran Doubtful: Player
During the opening 20 minutes of the England match, starting goalie Beiranvand was removed from the field after colliding with a defender. He attempted to continue playing after a lengthy break, but he was ill-prepared to do so.
Seyed Hosseini, who took his position against England, participated in Wales’ 2-0 victory when Beiranvand was out due to a concussion protocol.
The match is going to be a feisty contest between two arch-rivals. The two teams have been quite interesting in lead up to this game. Iran, on one hand, has averaged two goals per match, on another side, The USA has been miserly in defense but has failed to score goals.