Georgia Governor Race 2022 Polls: Brian Kemp and Stacey Abrams tied in latest poll
|June 30th: Georgia Governor Race 2022 Polls: Kemp leads by 4%, he is polling better than in 2018 as well as Biden against Trump. |
Google Search: Abrams is trailing her own performance in 2018 though she appears to have picked momentum in the last few days. She is ahead of Kemp in terms of search volume.
Social Media Sentiment: Abrams is ahead of Kemp at the moment
Read the most comprehensive analysis of Polls, Google Search Data, Social Media sentiments, News coverage, Tweets, and YouTube Videos.
Georgia is one of the biggest battleground states in 2022, hosting an extremely competitive Senate and Governor races on November 8th, 2022. The Democratic and Republican primaries were held on May 24, 2022. Brian Kemp won the GOP Primary while Stacey Abrams won the Democratic Party’s Primary election.
Georgia Governor Polls: Observations and Insights
- One of the main factors influencing the Georgia Governor election is the Crime Rate. Brian Kemp is leading Stacey Abrams by 12 points on crime. In Georgia, in 2020 73% of the reported cases of Crime in Georgia were related to Burglary and Theft while serious cases of assault, rape, and murder made up for 16% of the cases.
- Stacey Abrams and the Democrats have not been vocal about speaking against this and have tried to maintain a less aggressive stand so that they do not offend their core voters. Stacey Abrams seems to have to solution to growing non-gun-related crime. Instead, her campaign has been mostly about gun control laws.
- The Republicans have been aggressive and their policies against crimes have been highly popular. As per the data, around 10% of voters experienced burglary and theft in a 4 year period. Abrams fails in this field.
- Talking about observations regarding the election, polls have shown Brian Kemp maintaining a 5% lead over Stacey Abrams. But the other factors have been in favor of Stacey but she is unable to cash on it.
- Her Google search volume has been constantly higher than Kemp and her net sentiment has been positive.
- The latest findings by ECU Center For Survey Research show that Stacey Abrams has the support of 86% of Black voters while only 9% of black voters may vote for Kemp. But when it comes to white voters, Kemp enjoys 70% support and Abrams has 27% support.
- One of the interesting findings of the survey is Kemp leads Abrams by 67%-31% among the white women and among the white men Kemp enjoys the support of 73%.
Georgia Governor Race 2022 Polls
|Average of Polls||June 30th, 2022|
|Quinnipiac University||June 23-27th|
|ECU Center For Survey Research||June 6-9th|
Brian Kemp vs Stacey Abrams Georgia Governor Race Polls: Google Search Trends
Georgia Governor Race 2022 Polls: Net Social Media Sentiment
Georgia Governor Polls: Latest News
- Stacey Abrams outlines stance on abortion limits
- Brian Kemp, Stacey Abrams take aim at centrist vote at Savannah conference. But who will win it?
- Fact-checking claim in Stacey Abrams ad: Are guns the leading cause of death for young people in Georgia?
- Gubernatorial candidates Stacey Abrams and Gov. Brian Kemp clash over how to handle high crime in Georgia
- Democrats’ Chances of Beating Republicans in Georgia, According to New Poll
- Stacey Abrams on the End of Roe v. Wade and Whether Hollywood Should Ditch Georgia
- Over 100 Georgia sheriffs condemn Stacey Abrams over ‘defund the police’ foundation ties
- Stacey Abrams refuses to say whether she supports restrictions on abortions up to 9 months
Georgia Governor Polls: Latest Videos
Georgia Governor Race Polls 2022: Latest Tweets
Brian Kemp Approval Rating
Brian Kemp defeated the Trump-endorsed candidate David Perdue and he defeated David Perdue by a huge margin. In other words, Kemp crushed Perdue in the Primary election despite Trump backing Perdue. The vote difference between Kemp and Perdue was 74%-22%.
After the victory of Brian Kemp, the Crystal Ball gubernatorial rating changed from Toss-Up to Leans Republican for the November 8th Governor polls.
Talking about the Approval Rating of Brain Kemp, as per the latest Approval rating by Morning Post half of Georgia voters, including 76% of Republicans, approve of Brian Kemp’s job performance.
Georgia Governor Race Polls 2022: Previous Election
|2014 Gubernatorial||2016 Presidential||2018 Gubernatorial||2020 Presidential|
|Total Voted||2.55 m||3.96 m||3.93 m||4.9 m|
|Last 3 Polls Average||49%||–||49%||–|
|State Wide Result||52.7%||50.3%||50.2%||49.5%|
Georgia Governor Election 2022 Polls: Primary Results
Democratic Primary Results
|Stacey Abrams||1,110,490 votes||Uncontested (100%)|
GOP Primary Results
|Brian Kemp||8,79,705 votes||Won (73.7%)|
|David Perdue||260,811 votes||21.8%|
|Kandiss Taylor||40,960 votes||3.4%|
Georgia Governor Election 2022 Polls: What Happened In the Last Election?
In the last Georgia gubernatorial election held on November 6, 2018, the Republican Secretary of State Brian Kemp was up against Democratic former State Representative Stacey Abrams.
The election result was quite close as Brian Kemp got 50.2% of the total votes while Stacey Abrams won 48.8% of the votes. After the election result, Brian Kemp went on to become the new Governor of Georgia replacing the Republican Nathan Deal.
Georgia Governor Race Polls 2022: Demographics of Georgia Voters
|White American (non-Hispanic)||52.8%|
The rapid diversification of Georgia has made it a battleground as many educated professionals populate the Atalanta metro area which has boomed in population this century. The suburban counties (Gwinnett and Cobb) around Atalanta are now extremely diverse and have swung Democratic giving Biden nearly 20 point margins after voting for a Republican as President as late as 2012. These form a part of the “New South” and will likely decide this race.