Latest Virginia Governor Polls 2021: McAuliffe 45.4%, Youngkin 42.6%, Will Glenn Youngkin shock Terry McAuliffe?
Virginia Governor Polls 2021 and News: Background
After the 2020 US Presidential election, the first ideological proxy fight between the Centre-Left path of the Biden-led Democratic party and a Republican Party that is eager to hold on to Trump’s voter base and his additions to their ideology will be seen in the form of the Virginia Governor Race 2021.
Virginia Governor Race 2021 Date: November 2nd, 2021
Ex-Governor Terry McAuliffe is the Democratic candidate while Republicans have nominated Glenn Youngkin, a businessman as their candidate for this Virginia Governor Race. Governor Northam cannot stand for re-election because of Virginia Governor term limit rules.
This page is updated twice a day with the latest polls, Google search trends, news, videos, Crowd’s wisdom and tweets from the campaign. We also provide analysis on a frequent basis. Bookmark us.
Virginia’s Governor Race Is Getting VERY Close
Virginia Governor Polls 2021 and News: Latest Polls, Sep 26th
Polls show Terry McAuliffe with a small advantage over Glenn Youngkin. However, the poll range for Glenn Youngkin is huge indicating a high possibility of error.
Google Search data is not indicating a close contest as Youngkin trails Donald Trump on search queries. On the other hand, Google Search data also shows that the Democrat Ralph Northam was far ahead of Ed Gillespie at the same period in 2017. This is not sufficient evidence but certainly a fair enough reason to question the polls.
Dates of polling
2017 result and Polls
Sep 7th-Sep 22nd
Sep 7th-Sep 22nd
Final Result, Northam +8.9
Sept 7th -13th
Sep 7th -15th
Fast Terry (Full Movie) – The Movie Terry McAuliffe Doesn’t Want You To See
AD WAR: Virginia Governor Race 2021
Virginia Governor Polls 2021 and News: Google Search Update, Sep 25th
While polls are showing a close race between McAuliffe and Youngkin, Google search data shows Mr. Youngkin outperforming Donald Trump and amassing more interest than Terry McAuliffe is. Remember, Trump, lost this state by nearly 10% points.
Last 30 days: Youngkin: 67.6%, McAuliffe: 32.4%
There has been an upsurge of interest in both candidates the last few weeks but compared to McAuliffe Youngkin was losing momentum after the first debate[17th to 20th]
He has regained some of the momentum back,but McAuliffe too has gained some
30 days before 2020 US Presidential election: Trump: 68%,Biden: 32%
Virginia Governor Polls 2021 and News: What are the Prediction and Betting Odds?
On Predictit, the Odds are as follows:
- Terry McAuliffe (D): 82 cents (equivalent to -455)
- Glenn Youngkin (R): 20 cents (+400)
On Smarkets, the chances of a Republican victory in the Virginia Governor election 2021 is 26%,
The odds for Democrat win in Virginia stands at 1.21 and for Republican win stands at 3.4.
Virginia Governor Polls 2021 and News: What are the top issues?
The most pressing issues as per the respondents when asked to choose their top 2 issues are
- 30%- Jobs and the Economy
- 28% -Covid-19 management
- 22% – Non Covid Healthcare
- 18% – Education/Critical Race Theory
- 17% – Immigration and Border Security
Virginia Governor election 2021: How to track Glenn Youngkin’s campaign ?
Virginia Governor election 2021: How to track Terry McAuliffe’s campaign?
Virginia Governor Polls 2021 and News: Polls in detail
The Presidential Coalition/Kellyanne Conway’s Virginia Governor Race 2021 poll (R)
- 46% of Respondents would vote for Terry McAuliffe while 42% would vote for Glenn Youngkin
- Terry McAuliffe enjoys a 48% favourable rating and a 41% unfavourable rating
- Glenn Youngkin enjoys a 45% favourable rating and a 39% unfavourable rating
Public Policy Polling
- 45% of respondents said they would vote for Terry McAuliffe, 42% for Glenn Youngkin, 13% are not sure or undecided
- McAuliffe has the support of 71% of African Americans and Latinos
- Glenn Youngkin has the support of 56% of whites and 27% of Latinos
- A plurality of voters (46%) say they trust Governor McAuliffe more when it comes to vaccine policies than his Republican opponent Glenn Youngkin (38%).
- 53% say they agree more that McAuliffe is right to support Biden’s vaccine mandates
- 43% say they agree more that Youngkin is right to oppose Biden’s vaccine mandates
University of Mary Washington Virginia Governor Race 2021 Poll
- As per the poll, 48% of likely voters plan to vote for Youngkin compared to 43% for McAuliffe.
- But when the poll took consideration of registered voters McAuliffe had the support of 46 percent, compared to 41 percent for Youngkin.
Virginia CommonWealth Virginia Governor Race 2021 Poll
- Terry McAuliffe(43%) enjoys a 9 point lead over Glenn Youngkin, the gap between both candidates was 3 points when the University polled last month
- 43% of Males and 42% of Females prefer McAuliffe compared to 31% and 37% for Youngkin
- Glenn Youngkin has the support of 42% of whites and only 19% of non whites
- McAuliffe has the support of 55% of non whites and 36% of whites
Virginia Governor Polls 2021 and News: Latest Campaign News, Sep 26th
Virginia Governor Polls 2021 : Latest Videos , Sep 26th
Local Matters: Virginia governor’s race tightens in final weeks before Election Day
Democrats’ Spending Fight Carries High Stakes for Their Candidates
‘Disavow This Group’: Youngkin Demands McAuliffe Condemn Group That Supported Defunding Police
VA Gubernatorial Candidate Tries to Undermine Election Process
[From a Democratic Leaning Channel]
The latest on Virginia Gov. Election : Youngkin vs. McAuliffe
Virginia Governor Polls 2021 : Latest Tweets, Sep 26th
Republicans know their views on abortion access are too extreme for Virginia — that’s why they’re trying to hide them from the voters.
Thank you to @NorfolkAKA and @NorfolkAlphas for a great Candidates forum today! I look forward to working with your organizations to move Virginia forward and make it the best place to live, work, and raise a family.
As governor, I was proud to work with reasonable Republicans to get things done. Make no mistake, Glenn Youngkin is no reasonable Republican. He is a Trump-wannabe who would take Virginia in a far-right direction.
Virginia Democrats are in lockstep with Democrat-controlled Washington, destroying the state’s future with the same radical policies as the Biden Admin.
Voters are holding them accountable at the ballot box.
2021 Virginia Governor Polls and News: Virginia governor election results 2017
The last Virginia Gubernatorial Election was held in November, 2017. Ralph Northam was the Democratic nominee while Ed Gillespie was nominated by the Republicans. Clifford Hyra was the Libertarian Party’s nominee. The election result saw Democrats re-occupying the chair of Virginia Governor once again.
Virginia governor election results 2017
- Ed Gillespie (R) – 45% of votes
- Ralph Northam (D) – 53.9% of votes
The election had the highest voter turnout percentage in a Virginia governor election in twenty years and Ralph Northam won the election by the largest margin for a Democrat since 1985.
The state had been known to elect its Governor from the party that is not in the White House before the 2013 Virginia Governor Race. However, in recent years a state which was once reliably Republican at the national level has gradually shifted towards first becoming a swing state and has now shifted more towards the Democrats than the Republicans.
A shift that many believe is due to the growing population in the liberal-leaning suburbs of Northern Virginia now a Democrat Bastion which borders D.C. and Maryland, and the suburbs of Central Virginia i.e. the state capital of Richmond
Both its Senators in the US Senate are Democrats, 7 out of 11 House Representatives are from the Democratic Party. Both houses in the state are held by a Democratic Majority. Add to that the last time a Republican was elected to a Statewide office was in 2009.
In the 2020 US election, Biden won it by a margin greater than Hillary Clinton’s margin of victory in 2016. The Republicans have not won a single statewide election since 2009.