Will Bitcoin Rise Above $30,000? Bitcoin Price Prediction Today, 2023-2030
Bitcoin Price Prediction: This article is about the BTC Prediction for today, and for 2023-2030
Bitcoin Price Performance
- Last 5 days: +10.1%, Outperformer*
- Last 30 days: +9.9%, Outperformer
- Last 6 Months: +39.8%, Underperformer
- Last 12 Months: -35.6%, Underperformer
Vs LTC, Leading Payments Blockchain
Bitcoin Price Prediction this Week: Bitcoin price will likely trade within the range of $22,316 and $29,558 this week.
Latest Macro Data
- Dollar Index DXY Trend – DXY has begun to drop over the last 48 hours [Positive for BTC]
- Crude Oil Price Trend – Down by $12 in the last Two weeks [Positive for BTC]
- Last CPI Read – Trending Lower and is now at 6%. It is lower than October 2021 which triggered the Crypto crash from the peak [Positive for Bitcoin]
- Personal Consumption Expenditures Price Index – Trending higher and above estimates
Click here to skip the section on short-term analysis, Continue if you wish to read about short-term price predictions
Bitcoin Price Prediction (Short-Term Analysis)
Crowdwisdom360 Prediction is Neutral (8.30 AM EST, 12:30 PM GMT).
- The price at 8.30 AM EST/ 12.30 AM GMT was $27,044
- The price at 12:02 AM EST/ 4:02 AM GMT is $27,339
- Prediction: Neutral, Actual: +0.9%, Partially Positive
|1. Market's Wisdom||Neutral|
|1a. Market Data||Partially Negative|
|1b. Technical Recommendation||Buy|
|2. Crowd's Wisdom||Neutral|
|2a. Social Media Buzz||Steady|
|2b. Social Media Sentiment||Neutral|
Last week proved to be the best week for the crypto market in the last 8-10 months. The total crypto market cap rose 14% over the week to $1.17 trillion. Bitcoin has been leading the latest crypto market surge. This can be easily inferred from the rest of the cryptos. In 2021, the crypto market surge was highly fuelled by altcoins and also the meme coins like Shiba Inu and Dogecoin.
However, this time most of the cryptos have not gained similarly as Bitcoin gained. For example, Dogecoin remained below $0.08 and Shiab Inu could not break above $0.000012. Bitcoin on the other hand from trading marginally above $20,000 broke above $28,000.
This week Bitcoin will likely witness a pullback. The reason behind the pullback will be the upcoming US Fed Meeting. It is likely that the Fed could raise the interest rate by 0.25%. If this happens the market could pull back marginally but greater than 0.25% will likely crash the market.
In terms of technical analysis, Bitcoin is once again above $28,000. On Sunday, Bitcoin after breaking above $28,000 retreated and was on the verge of falling below $27,000. However, the bulls were able to keep the BTC price above $27,000 and now BTC is above $28K.
The momentum of BTC still has upside potential. The bulls will be looking to push the BTC price above $$28,260. BTC was rejected below this level on Sunday. Once the BTC price break above it, the next target for Bitcoin will be $30,000. It must be remembered, the $30K level was a significant support for Bitcoin for over a year before the market lost its momentum completely. Now the $30K price is a significant resistance.
On the chart above, the Relative Strength Index is the confirmation of the bullish momentum of Bitcoin. The RSI had retreated from the over brought territory leading to the reversal of momentum, but once again the RSI is on the uptrend and the bulls are in control of the market.
Even on the daily chart, BTC is bullish. The momentum oscillator and the Fear and Greed index adds to the bullish sentiment of the market. The momentum oscillator is within the bullish axis while the Fear and Greed index has moved from the Fear zone to the Greed zone.
On the MACD chart, the MACD line and the signal line are both on the uptrend. The MACD line is above the signal line. The volume bars are gradually increasing on the bullish axis.
Overall Bitcoin is bullish.
Bitcoin BTC Price News Today
Robert Kiyosaki, author of the bestselling book “Rich Dad Poor Dad,” warned of an upcoming economic “crash landing” following the shutdown of two major banks by regulators in the US. Kiyosaki advises investing in gold, silver, and bitcoin as he calls the US dollar “fake money” because it is not backed by “real money” like gold.
The Bitcoin analyst DonAlt, who apparently predicted the bottom of Bitcoin at $16,000, has announced that he has changed his plan to sell some Bitcoin at $35,000. He believes that Bitcoin’s potential as an alternative to traditional banking is too powerful and new to sell right now.
Bitcoin Price Prediction Today: Why BTC Will Reach $30000?
Bitcoin is now above $24,000 but has retreated after breaching $26,500, its highest since August 2022. The current momentum suggests Bitcoin is aiming at a high price that potentially is above $30,000. Reasons why BTC could reach $30000
- Inflation is down to 6%, lower than October 2021 because of which BTC crashed lower
- Crude price is down below $80 again
- Interest rate hikes could be lower going forward
Risks: More Banking Crashes
Bitcoin Price Prediction (Long-Term Analysis)
Bitcoin Price Prediction 2023: Is Bitcoin a Good Investment?
Bitcoin is a blockchain-based cryptocurrency designed to act as both a currency and also a store of value. It was released in 2009 by an anonymous developer, Satoshi Nakamoto.
- Bitcoin was initially released as a peer-to-peer payment method and does not have any central authority.
- It uses the concept of proof of work to reward its members. The lifespan of Bitcoin (BTC) has been the longest of any cryptocurrency.
- The Bitcoin ledger is public and any person can store it on their computer. Anyone can create a Bitcoin token and can be transferred to any of the wallets however, the owners of bitcoin addresses cannot be identified, but any Bitcoin transaction made can be accessed by anyone, anywhere.
- No approval is required for the completion of a Bitcoin transaction. It is done by the network itself without the interference of any third-party system.
- It is a limited resource of 21 Million Coins of which 19.1 Million are in supply.
- Since its creation, Bitcoin has held the top rank in terms of market capitalization.
Bitcoin Use Cases
There are 2 major use cases for Bitcoin at the moment. This is different from use cases for Blockchain which is much more widespread.
- Store of Value: In Layman’s language, Bitcoin is like Gold hidden inside a computer network instead of a mine in Africa. The creator(s) deliberately created a limited number of them and created a whole range of difficult tasks to get them. Just like in real gold mining, Bitcoin mining becomes difficult if more people mine at the same time or as the number of BTCs keeps reducing. That said, It cannot be used as ornaments, one of the big factors that drive Gold value. To solve this problem, the creators designed it in the form of a currency that is authenticated via a blockchain.
- Payments: Over the last few years, BTC has increasingly been used as an alternative to the US Dollar or other National Currencies. It is now accepted on payment by many companies around the world. While BTC enjoys the absence of central control and therefore any form of voluntary devaluation, it suffers from more volatility.
What are the Latest Payment Statistics?
According to Coingate
- Nearly a Million Crypto payments were made in 2022. This is related to Coingate related Merchants only and not the entire market
- These payments have grown by 63% over 2021
- Bitcoin accounted for 48% of the payments, USDT was second with 15%, and ETH (11%) vs marginally ahead of LTC (10%)
- Lightning Network which facilitates BTC payments grew by 97%
According to Bitpay
- Nearly half a million payment transactions were completed in the last 6 months
- VPN Hosting and Internet make up for 33% of Crypto Payments (Bitpay data only)
- 29% are toward Gift cards
- 24% are towards Computer games
- 42% of the payments are made using Bitcoin, 26% through LTC, Ethereum is at 11%, Doge is at 10% (Bitpay data only)
Over 7941 Merchants accept Bitcoin
So there is firm evidence that Bitcoin and Crypto payments are rising at a massive pace and are likely to do so sans aggressive regulation.
Why is Bitcoin not used in DeFi and NFTs?
Bitcoin is a major player in payments but is not present in DeFi and NFTs. The primary reason is the transaction speed. Because of the lower transaction speeds, other blockchains like Solana, Polygon, etc are better for DeFi than Bitcoin.
The same logic applies to NFTs as well. High Transaction costs, low processing times, and the weaker smart contract abilities of Bitcoin do not make it an ideal blockchain for NFTs. The recent launch of Ordinals NFT is attempting to solve this problem.
Is Bitcoin better than Gold?
Bitcoin is better than Gold for the following reasons
- It is more durable
- It is more safely portable
- It is quite liquid
- It is Divisible
Gold is better than Bitcoin for the following reasons
- It has a long history of value
- Gold has a wide range of real-life uses and fewer alternatives – Jewellery, Manufacturing
- Gold is ‘relatively’ less impacted by Federal Reserve policies
Bitcoin Price Performance History
Bitcoin has been a highly volatile cryptocurrency since its launch. After being launched at $0.0008, it piqued the interest of early adopters but things really changed after Global liquidity rose in 2016 and 2017, more speculators entered the market and pushed the price higher to $19.8k. However, as the Federal Reserve tightened its balance sheet, Bitcoin price crashed and fell to a 2018 bottom of $3k by December of that year. However, prices gradually rose first because of the Federal Reserve easing on its plans to reduce the size of its balance sheet and pumped after the COVID-induced interest rate cuts in 2020 reaching an all-time high of $69k in November 2021.
After inflation breached 6% in October 2021 and Russia invaded Ukraine in February 2022, prices crashed. This was further compounded by the crash of Luna and FTX. Bitcoin fell to nearly $15k in November 2022 before recovering by 30% by this week.
Bitcoin’s Return on Investment over the last 12 years
Overall, Bitcoin has delivered positive returns for most of the last 10 years.
- Bitcoin has delivered positive returns in 9 out of 12 years
- 2018 was the most difficult year which also coincides with the year the Federal Reserve reduced the size of its balance sheet. During that year, Bitcoin closed 74% lower than the previous year. It took Bitcoin 3 years to recover.
- Unlike Alts or even Ethereum, Bitcoin has been there for a fairly long time and with a record of proven performance.
Gain Years: 2011,2012,2013,2015,2016,2017,2019,2020,2021
Loss Years: 2014,2018,2022
Bitcoin vs Ethereum, Performance Comparison
- Last 3 Months:+31.4%, Outperformer*
- Last 1 Year: BTC (-)42.9%, Underperformer
- Last 5 Years: BTC +132.0%, Outperformer
On a long-term basis, Bitcoin has performed more consistently than Ethereum. However, over the last few months, Ethereum has outperformed Bitcoin.
Some people compare Bitcoin to the Tulip Mania, while others relate it to the Dot Com Bust. However, both the Tulip Mania and the Dot Com bubble lasted around three years. Bitcoin has been repeatedly tested in this contemporary era of computers and boom and bust cycles over the previous 12-15 years. So, the comparison is false, and Bitcoin will rebound.
Bitcoin Price Prediction 2023: How many BTC Holders are in Profit?
Holders in Profit: 63%
Holders in Loss: 34%
Bitcoin Price Prediction 2023, 2025 and 2030 (Aggregated)
Coin Specific Issues
- Bitcoin continues to struggle in acceptance with numerous credible experts calling it a fraud/ Ponzi scheme
- While Bitcoin acceptance for payments and money transfers has risen, it is still quite paltry given the large regulatory hassles and risks
- The Ukraine crisis continues
- Global liquidity continues to fall
- A Series of scandals this year beginning from Luna and continuing with FTX has further hurt the overall crypto market
- Forecasting is rarely accurate because of too many influencing variables which cannot be predicted given human intervention
- Forecasting is good at picking the direction but not the magnitude
Still, here is a broad outline of how things playout
- 2023-2024: BTC Bottom plus some recovery
- 2025-2027: Full BTC recovery plus some gains on the back of wider usage of Blockchains
- 2028-2031: Cyclical slowdown plus, Widespread blockchain usage, a further rise in Bitcoin price
This does not take into account wars or company-specific crises which are likely to occur but the timing of which is difficult to predict. Bitcoin Price Prediction 2023 is $41,764
Bitcoin Price Prediction 2025
The supply of Bitcoins being mined will fall by half in the next 14 months. With reduced supply, the volatility is likely to diminish. Bitcoin momentum is likely to sustain in 2025 as economies recover. However, regulations are likely to increase as well. Bitcoin Price Prediction 2025 is $74,579
Bitcoin Price Prediction 2030
However, we expect a substantial bump between 2025 and 2030 when many middle-income countries are likely to invest substantial pools in the Bitcoin economy. Bitcoin Price Prediction 2030 is $318,789
Bitcoin Price Prediction 2040 using 15% and 25% ROI Method
- If the BTC price increases by 15% per annum – $237,138
- If BTC price increases by 25% per annum – $1,063,705
BTC Price USD Prediction: Frequently Asked Questions
How high will Bitcoin reach?
At the moment, aggregated forecasts predict Bitcoin will rise above $500k by 2030. Many experts believe Bitcoin could go as high as $1 Million over the next few years. Given the limited number of coins, these forecasts are not improbable. A good indicator of the possibility of a high Bitcoin price is the adoption of Blockchain. Once that becomes mainstream, $1 Million is not an impossibility.
Will Bitcoin reach $1 Million?
Without ruling out the possibility of $1 million, we believe it is too early to make such a forecast. Bitcoin is likely to reach $1 million if some fundamental aspects are in place – Largescale adoption of Blockchain, Bitcoin maintaining its lead over nimble competitors like Ethereum, and continued growth in the Global economy for people to invest in Bitcoin. At the moment, we don’t have full clarity on the direction of these factors over the next 8 years.
Will Bitcoin crash again?
Past data analysis suggests that Bitcoin could crash again this year or next year but it is impossible to provide a firm timing at the moment. The reason is that the crashes are related to a sequence of events and we have no data on when those events are likely to occur (for example, a big crash in the European economy, a Sudden surge in Liquidity leading to Bitcoin becoming overpriced)
What factors affect the Future price of Bitcoin?
- Bitcoin Adoption
- Inclusion in mainstream ETFs
- Supply of BTC from Miners (Lower)
- Cost of producing a Bitcoin
- BTC Domination (Higher)
- Cryptocurrency related news
Crypto news from around the world has affected the price of Bitcoin widely. Any good news about cryptos like their adoption, or increased interest of the investors has led to a surge in the price of Bitcoin. At the same time any news regarding the ban of crypto in any country, and regulation against cryptocurrencies have led to a Bitcoin price crash.
- Geopolitical events
Non-crypto news has also played a very important role in the price movement of Bitcoin. In early this year, Russia attacked Ukraine, this event turned out to be a Waterloo for Cryptocurrencies. Along with it recently US Fed hiked the interest rate, and this hike in interest rate led to the crash of the crypto market. Bitcoin price tumbled after the rate hike.
Bitcoin Price Forecast News
- As per the latest updates, the wallet of Satoshi is doing 20,000 LN payments per day.
- Moreover, they are on pace for 600K payments in the month of January.
- The billionaire venture capitalist and crypto enthusiast Tim Draper are confident that Bitcoin will reach $250,000 in 2023.
- One of the Bitcoin core developers Luke Dashjr posted that many of his Bitcoins were stolen and he had no idea how it happened.
Risks of Investing in Bitcoin
If the stock market is seen as volatile by many, Bitcoin is hyper volatile and its price swings wildly akin to a meme stock. Unlike the prices of stocks which have some form of scientific basis, the underlying value of Bitcoin is still unclear, and therefore the price swings wildly depending on a variety of factors. There are huge risks in investing in Bitcoin and one should be aware of that if one has already invested or is about to invest in Bitcoin or similar cryptocurrencies
Stress and Anxiety
The huge volatility due to Bitcoin price causes investors to often take irrational decisions to buy or sell leading to poor returns. As outlined earlier, investing in Bitcoin in general has been profitable. However, responding to the volatility due to the stress and anxiety of seeing the prices swing wildly often leads to sub-optimal returns. This becomes particularly true if a substantial amount of personal wealth is locked in the asset. Investment advisors often consider your ability to handle this form of volatility along with your financial plans for the next few years before recommending Bitcoin.
Bitcoin threatens the existing Central Banks and as a consequence the Government control of printing and managing currency in the economy. It is unclear how serious this threat is at the moment but most central bankers believe this threat is real. Governments have already responded by either imposing full bans, imposing high taxes, or even launching their own tokens in response to the real or imagined threat of Bitcoin. These create additional risks that one does not encounter in stock trading. It is unlikely that many Western countries would impose such bans but it is also important to be aware of these risks.
Investing in Bitcoin must be a part of the healthy financial planning process that should include current wealth, expected income, and future expenses. It should also be overlaid by your mental makeup and response to volatility. A financial advisor would be a good guide to help you take these decisions.
Bitcoin Forecast: How to Invest in Bitcoins?
Getting Bitcoins has been made easier by the day. There are multiple exchanges offering Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
The very first step to investing in Bitcoin is to choose an Exchange. There are multiple exchanges in the market. The most popular ones are:
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net and has no in-house view on the likely trends in the Index or Individual Stocks. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.