Disney Stock Forecast 2023: Will Disney Rise Above $120?
Disney Stock Forecast: Disney reported better-than-expected Q1 results. However, the stock has been falling and for the next trading day, DIS is technically bullish.
The average 12-month forecast for DIS Stock is lowered lower to $117.
Latest Disney Stock Price
Disney Stock Performance vs NASDAQ
- 1 Month: -5.4%
- 3 Months: -12.3%
- 12 Months: -10.1%
Disney Stock Forecast 2023: Analysts
|Disney Stock Forecast for the next 12 Months||$117|
Disney Q1 Earnings
The Walt Disney Company reported its earnings for the first quarter that ended on December 31, 2022. It was the first earnings since Bob Iger took over as the CEO of the company in November.
Here are the insights from the latest earnings report:
- Revenues for the quarter grew 8%. The total revenue reported for the quarter was $23.51 billion
- Diluted earnings per share (EPS) from continuing operations for the quarter increased to $0.70 from $0.63 in the prior-year quarter.
- The number of Disney+ subscribers jumped 24.5% year-over-year to 161.8 million.
- The number of subscribers fell for a quarter-on-quarter comparison. The number of Disney+ users for Q4’s 164.2 million.
- The total number of subscribers across Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ rose 19.5% year-over-year to 234.7 million.
- Operating losses for the direct-to-consumer streaming segment widened to $1.1 billion from $0.5 billion.
- Theme park revenue jumped 21% to $8.74 billion.
|Income from continuing operations before income taxes||$1.77B|
|Total segment operating income||$3.04B|
|Net income from continuing operations||$1.27B|
|Diluted EPS from continuing operations||$0.70|
|Diluted EPS excluding certain items||$0.99|
|Cash used in continuing operations||$974M|
|Free cash flow||$2.15B|
Disney Stock Price Prediction for the next 5 years (Aggregated)
- Disney Stock Price Prediction 2023 is $101
- Disney Stock Price Prediction 2024 is $116
- Disney Stock Price Prediction 2025 is $143
- Disney Stock Price Prediction 2026 is $156
- Disney Stock Price Prediction 2027 is $166
Disney Stock Performance on last day
The stock opened slightly in the green at 91.02 and in the early hours of trading fell till 90.85 and then started a bull run and climbed up to a day’s high of 93.05. The stock then dropped down a bit and fell till 92.77 and ended there for the day with a gain of 1.97%. The volume was a little higher at 12,414,580 when compared to the average of the past 3 months which stands at 9,929,164.
Disney Stock Forecast: Q4 Results
- The company’s total revenues were declared as $20.15 billion, up 8.7% Y-o-Y.
- Its gross profit was $542 million, down 91.2% Y-o-Y.
- The company’s operating income increased by 1.9% over a year and was reported as $542 million.
- Its net income was $162 million, up 1.9% Y-o-Y.
- Revenue per share was $11.05, up 8.4% Y-o-Y.
- Diluted earnings per share (EPS) were declared as $0.09, up 1.6% Y-o-Y.
- Its EBIT was declared as $542 million, 1.9% Y-o-Y.
Disney Stock Forecast Today
|Overall Outlook||Partially Bearish|
|1. Market's Wisdom||Bearish|
|1a. Market Data||Bearish|
|1b. Technical Recommendation||Neutral|
|2. Crowd's Wisdom||Partially Bearish|
|2a. Social Media Buzz||Lower|
|2b. Social Media Sentiment||Neutral|
Disney Stock Forecast: Latest News
Disney CFO Christine McCarthy faces media regarding the latest updates of the company
Christine McCarthy, the CFO of Walt Disney, urged investors to disregard a few stories that had emerged following the company’s most recent earnings: that Disney parks growth might not be sustainable, that it is losing subscribers, and that it is cutting back on streaming content.
Disney had 157.8 million global subscribers at the conclusion of its fiscal second quarter, down 4 million from the previous quarter, but Disney+ Hotstar was the culprit. However, the CFO is optimistic that the original TV shows and films scheduled to launch on streaming in the second half of the year would draw subscribers and lower churn. Additionally, Disney will release a brand-new app that combines Disney+ and Hulu.
She reported that the company’s upfront presentation had a favourable response from the ad community when it introduced an ad-supported streaming tier in September.
Disney requests that the DeSantis board’s lawsuit be dismissed in Florida
The corporate parent of Walt Disney World has requested a judge to dismiss a lawsuit brought by the district’s oversight board for the Florida theme park, marking the most recent move in a protracted spat between the business and Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).
The Walt Disney Company signed a development agreement in February, just before DeSantis appointees assumed charge of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight Board, which has jurisdiction over Disney World and the surrounding area. This development agreement is the subject of the complaint filed in Florida state court. The board countersued DeSantis in state court, accusing Disney of utilising a “backroom deal” to keep a “fiefdom” in central Florida after Disney sued DeSantis in federal court last month.
Read: NIO Stock Forecast
Check out our Extensive US Stocks and Crypto Content
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net and has no in-house view on the likely trends in the Stocks or Crypto Coins. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.