Ethereum Price Prediction Today, 2023-2030
Read about Ethereum Price Prediction 2023, 2025, 2030
Will Ethereum go up? Ethereum has recovered multiple times after a major fall and is likely to do so over the next 12 months.
Latest Ethereum Price USD
Performance in the last 12 Months
- Last 5 Days: +12.2%, Outperformer*
- Last 30 Days: -2.1%, Outperformer
- Last 6 Months: +12.9%, Outperformer
- Last 12 Months: -40.1%, Outperformer
*Vs Cardano, a Leading Blockchain Company
Ethereum Price Prediction this week: $1365 to $1693
Ethereum reached the highest level in almost two weeks, following emergency measures taken by US regulators to shore up the banking sector after the shutdown of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank. Ether’s gains also coincided with Binance’s announcement of converting its $1 billion Industry Recovery Initiative fund to Bitcoin, Ether, and BNB.
Latest Macro Data
- Dollar Index DXY Trend – DXY is rising after falling for most of last week
- Crude Oil Price Trend – Down by $5.5 in the last 8 days
- Last CPI Read – Trending Lower but above estimates
- Personal Consumption Expenditures Price Index – Trending higher and above estimates
- DeFi TVL – Trending Lower (down more than 10%) since the last week of February
- NFT Sales Volume – Trending lower and underperforming others
The article is divided into Short Term and Long Term analyses. If you wish to skip the short-term analysis, click here
Ethereum Price Prediction: Short-Term Analysis
Crowdwisdom360 Outlook Indicator is Neutral (1:07 AM EST, 5:07 AM GMT). The price at 5:07 PM GMT was $1757.
|1. Market's Wisdom||Partially Positive|
|1a. Market Data||Neutral|
|1b. Technical Recommendation||Buy|
|2. Crowd's Wisdom||Neutral|
|2a. Social Media Buzz||Higher|
|2b. Social Media Sentiment||Lower|
Ethereum is once again retreating. For the first time since September 2022, the ETH price broke above $1800. However, ETH could not hold on to this level for long and the sellers were able to short the asset.
Back on September 10, 2022, ETH fell from a similar level and the price went below $1300. ETH piece was rejected below $1830 but looking at the current technical placement of the asset, Ethereum will unlikely fall below $1300.
Currently, the support for Ethereum is around $1716. This has been stable support and recently after a brief retreat, the ETH price reversed after retesting the $1716 support level. The first level of resistance for ETH is around $1757. If ETH breaks above this level, the net ETH price will likely rise above $1800 once again as the overall momentum will turn highly bullish.
Currently, the overall momentum of ETH is neutral. the RSI for ETH is within the neutral zone. The RSI has fallen from just below the 70% range. At the time of writing the RSI is 51.24.
On the daily chart below, Ethereum remains bullish. The momentum oscillator despite a marginal reversal is within the bullish axis.
The Fear and Greed Index is within the Greed level. On the MACD chart, the MACD line is above the signal line. The volume histogram bars remain in the bullish zone. On the daily chart, Ethereum is bullish.
However, considering the 4-hour timeframe chart, the overall momentum has reversed and the sellers’ concentration is gradually increasing.
Latest Crypto Updates
Vietnam Leads in Crypto Adoption
Vietnam is leading in crypto adoption with a major percentage of the population invested in cryptocurrency.
Ethereum’s Shapella upgrade
Ethereum’s Shapella Upgrade Passes Final Testnet Deployment. The final test was executed on the Goerli test network. Goerli users can now fully or partially withdraw staked Ether from the testnet’s Beacon Chain.
The Bankrupt Silicon Valley Bank could be sold to one of the other leading banks according to this report on Techcrunch
Ethereum Price Prediction: Long-Term Analysis
Ethereum Price Prediction: Is Ethereum a Good Investment?
Ethereum expands on the Bitcoin Blockchain by building smart contract features that are cumbersome to execute on Bitcoin. ERC-20 is a standard used on the Ethereum Blockchain to issue smart contracts in the form of Fungible Tokens. This standard can be used across a variety of products and services. Cryptocurrencies like Shiba Inu are issued through ERC-20 Token. ERC-721 is a standard to issue Non-Fungible Tokens.
Use Cases for Ethereum
- DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organisations): Unlike traditional organizational structures with clear leadership and top-down decision-making, DAOs work in a more democratic way with proposals voted by members of the blockchain.
- Ethereum Smart Contracts: Most Altcoins do not have blockchains of their own. Instead, they issue ERC-20 Tokens from the Ethereum blockchain. Ethereum charges a gas fee in the form of Ether (Eth) cryptocurrency for using the Ethereum Blockchain
- Metaverse: Almost all Metaverse platforms issue built on the Ethereum Blockchain.
- DeFi Tokens: Ethereum is a dominant player in this space with most Tokens and Apps built on Ethereum
- Decentralized Apps (DApps) like Uniswap, Polymarket, etc
Competitors of ETH: Solana, Cardano, and Polkadot
Main Sources of Ethereum Value: ERC-20 Token Transactions, DeFi Contracts, NFT Transactions.
Ethereum has had two loss years since its launch (after a hard fork with ETC) in 2016. The losses came in 2018 and 2019, the years when the Federal Reserve reduced the size of its balance sheet. The losses in 2022 have also followed the same pattern.
Gain Years: 2017, 2020, 2021
Loss Years: 2018,2019,2022
In how many days did Ethereum double in the past?
- $100 to $200: 11 Days
- $200 to $400: 178 Days
- $400 to $800: 26 Days
- $800 to $1600: 1143 Days
- $1600 to $3200: 58 Days
Ethereum Price Prediction: Will Ethereum go up?
Given the information we have today, we expect liquidity to stabilize or improve and blockchain and token adoption to rise. So the odds of Ethereum going up in 2023 is higher than the odds of falling lower. However, macro and industry risks remain and could rear an ugly head anytime.
Ethereum has risen so far this year due to multiple reasons
- The inflation rate has fallen improving market sentiments which encourage investors to return to risky assets like Cryptocurrencies
- Ethereum benefits whenever the crypto market performs well because many cryptocurrencies use the ERC-20 Token
- With no major crisis after the FTX scandal, the negative effects of FTX have reduced significantly.
- With the losses due to FTX more clearly identified, FUD trended lower and helped push the Eth price higher
- As FUD fell, DeFi TVL stopped crashing leading to more demand for Eth (Gas fees). This pushed Eth higher as well
Ethereum Price Prediction 2023: Will Eth price go up to $3000?
- Ethereum has already risen from the bottom of November
- The future increase will depend a lot on how the Global economy and US interest rates play out.
- If the Global economies get better in the first half, Eth should see a massive pump. If not, it would take a few months into the second half or early next year for a major Ethereum pump
- The combination of the two could push inflation lower and help Crypto prices
Between 2018 and 2020 when the Fed first stopped and then began to expand its balance sheet, Bitcoin and Ethereum rose more than 3 fold from the bottom. However, both had significantly lower Market Cap than Ethereum today. At that time there were about 2000 Altcoins and BTC dominance was above 60%. Today, there are nearly 10k Altcoins and BTC dominance is below 50%. So, while Ethereum will certainly rise significantly if the economic conditions improve through the year, it is unrealistic to expect a doubling in the next 11 months. Such asset inflation could push inflation higher again and result in more interest rate hikes.
Ethereum Price Prediction: How low will Ethereum go?
- Ethereum has managed to stay above the $1k level over the last 6 months. BTC for example fell below the June low after the FTX scam was unearthed
- Eth is up nearly 15% over the last 3 weeks
- Ethereum is likely to fall below $1k under the following circumstances
- A major economic recession
- Inflation rises again
- Another scam unraveling in the cryptocurrency industry
- A new regulation that tightens the trading of cryptocurrencies
- XRP losing its case to the SEC. This could result in more regulation
Will Ethereum Crash again in 2023?
Yes, Ethereum could crash again in 2023. However, there is low to moderate certainty in the prediction. Here is why Ethereum could crash again in 2023
- The continued rise in interest rates could lead to a bigger crash than anticipated in the economy
- Further deterioration in both the Chinese and European economies could lead to less demand and interest in ETH tokens
- Another FTX/ Luna type of scam taking Eth even lower than the recent bottoms
Our ability to predict each of these events is moderate at best. So the worst-case scenario is we cannot rule out another big crash in 2022.
Also Read: Ravencoin Price Prediction
Read: Can XLM reach $50, $100, and $1000? XLM Price Prediction 2023, 2025 and 2030
Ethereum Price Prediction 2023, 2025 and 2030
- Most platforms however are projecting fairly optimistic growth for Ethereum in 2023 probably banking on a more certain environment in the second half of 2023.
Ethereum Price Prediction 2023 is $2560
- Global economies are likely to recover fully by 2024 and this will push Ethereum significantly higher between 2024 and 2025. Projections for 2025 are quite optimistic and this is much more certain than the projections for 2023.
- The factors that will drive growth in the next 3 years are
- Undisputed leader in the smart contracts space. One needs ETH to carry out transactions using Ethereum Layer-1 Blockchain
- Most Altcoins use the ERC Token framework, so as many Alts fail, the few that are left will continue to power Ethereum both in the short and long run.
- 1% of the allocation of current global wealth would amount to $4 Trillion which is 4x the current Market Cap. Therefore, it is likely good cryptocurrencies like Ethereum will continue to receive investor allocations and Ethereum in theory could rise 4 fold over the next 2 years.
Ethereum Price Prediction 2025 is $4963
- The period between 2025 and 2030 is likely to be the Golden era of Ethereum with increased adoption rates across institutions, amongst consumers driving a massive need for the Ethereum Token.
In theory, these projections are likely given the build-up so far. Risks: There are likely to be cyclical economic winds as well as new innovations that could hurt blockchain and Ethereum.
- Ethereum Price Prediction 2030 is $22586
Ethereum Price Prediction 2040
We project Ethereum prices for 2040 on the basis of conservative scenarios.
- If the ETH price increases by 15% per annum: $16,228
- If the ETH price increases by 25% per annum: $72,792
Ethereum Price Prediction: ETH Wallet Analysis
Holders Making Money at the current price? 47%
Holders > 1 Year: 67%
Top 5 Most Read Articles on CrowdwisdomLive
Will Bitcoin reach $100k in 2023?
Ethereum Price Prediction 2023: Frequently Asked Questions
What factors influence Ethereum Price Positively?
- Increased Liquidity
- Inclusion in mainstream ETFs
- Increase in Adoption (DeFi, NFT, Smart Contracts, etc)
What factors influence Ethereum Price Negatively?
- Inflation and higher interest rates
- In-market issues like LUNA etc
- Losing Share in Blockchain adoption to other Layer-1 Blockchains
What is Staking? What is the Proof of Stake Consensus Mechanism?
The Proof of Stake model requires cryptocurrency holders to keep some of their coins at stake which can be used to verify transactions. It is an improved version of the Proof of Work model and makes an attack or hack less likely or unfruitful. By keeping coins at stake, the stakeholders earn rewards.
Which is better? Ethereum or Bitcoin?
There is no agreement on which is better but Bitcoin and Ethereum have similar and different characteristics which make both compelling stories.
- Bitcoin has been developed to behave like a currency which means it can be used for payment as well as stored like Gold because of its limited supply and mining characteristics. Ether is a token that is needed in order to use the Ethereum blockchain. The Ethereum blockchain can be used to build numerous apps and services by companies other than the Ethereum foundation itself
- Both of them are decentralized and need validators to verify transactions, and the coins can be traded in an exchange and stored in a wallet
How to buy Ethereum?
Ethereum is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies. Ethereum tokens can be purchased on various centralized and decentralized exchanges such as Binance, Coinbase Exchange, KuCoin, Bithumb, Bitfinex, Kraken, Curve Finance, PancakeSwap and Loopring Exchange. Here are the steps to buy or Invest in Ethereum:
Requirements to buy Ethereum:
- Need to have a Crypto Exchange Account
- Need to Have a Crypto Wallet
Steps to Invest In Ethereum
- Choose a Crypto Exchange
- Create your account with the Crypto Exchange
- Fund Your Wallet
- Buy Ethereum
Also Read: Ravencoin Price Prediction
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.