LUCID Stock Forecast 2023: Will Lucid Fall Below $10 Once Again?
Lucid Stock Forecast 2023: For the next 12 months, the Lucid Price Target is $14.1. Aggregated forecasts predict a price of $18 this year.
Latest Lucid Stock Price
LCID Stock Forecast 2023: Performance Analysis
- Last 1 Month: +95.9%
- Last 6 Months: -30.1%
- Last 1 Y: -61.9%
Lucid Stock Forecast for next 12 months: Analysts
|Average Lucid Target for next 12 months||$14.2|
|Bank of America||$21|
|Evercore ISI Group||$12|
Lucid Stock Price Prediction for the next 5 years (Aggregated)
LCID Lucid Stock Price Prediction 2023 is $17.3
LCID Lucid Stock Price Prediction 2024 is $19.4
LCID Lucid Stock Price Prediction 2025 is $25.0
LCID Lucid Stock Price Prediction 2026 is $33.5
LCID Lucid Stock Price Prediction 2027 is $42.6
Lucid Stock Forecast: Technical Analysis
The EV stocks after a mixed start to 2023 are gradually finding their momentum. Almost all EV stocks are trading positively on the January 2023 chart. LUCID is leading the EV stocks’ rally.
LCID stock has almost doubled this year. Lucid is up over 90% while Tesla has gained around 55% this year.
Performance on the Last Trading Day
- Close Price: $11.63
- Open Price: $11.69
- Gain/Loss: -0.51%
- Market Cap: $19.74 B
LUCID is moving opposite to NASDAQ. On Tuesday, NASDAQ closed higher but LCID stock once again closed lower. The sellers have been successful in shorting the Lucid stock. On the above chart, LCID has fallen from just above $14. The chart shows, the net LCID price which is around $11.6 is likely to retest the 200-day Moving average.
The 200-day Moving average is the support for LCID stock. Falling below the 200-day MA will likely take the LCID price below $8 and restest the 50-day MA which is around $7.99.
On the RSI chart, the RSI has reversed and it has fallen below the 14-MA. The RSI indicates that LCID is over brought but a consolidation happened and the RSI is now falling. Overall the momentum is bearish.
The Stochastic RSI is on a downtrend. The Stoch RSI has fallen below the 14-day MA. Trade recommendation is a sell.
On the MACD chart, the MACD series proper line (blue) is comfortably within the bullish zone. It is moving higher throwing a Bull signal. The trading volume has increased for LCID.
- RSI: Bearish
- Stochastic RSI: Sell
- Moving Average: Sell
- MACD: Buy
Lucid Stock Price Prediction 2023: Buy or Sell (Next 6 Hours)
|1. Market's Wisdom||Partially Positive|
|1a. Market Data||Partially Positive|
|1b. Technical Recommendation||Neutral|
|2. Crowd's Wisdom||Partially Negative|
|2a. Social Media Buzz||Lower|
|2b. Social Media Sentiment||Neutral|
Saudi Investment Firm To Buy Stake In Lucid?
There are rumors that Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF) may buy the remaining stake in the Lucid. PIF already owns 65% of Lucid. The acquisition could lead to greater investments in fixing some of the production issues that have bedeviled Lucid. The stock soared also due to investors covering short positions.
Many electric vehicle companies have joined the EV party and ride the wave in the last few years. There is no doubt that there will be a massive and long transition from combustion engines to electrified vehicles, but there is no guarantee that many companies claiming to be the next “Tesla killer” will survive.
Some EV companies barely have a product, but Lucid Group Inc is different and has a very viable product. “The Air” luxury EV sedan by Lucid Group has received accolades across the US for its design but its share performance speaks differently. After being down by 81% in 2022, it is natural to ask whether LCID stock will recover in 2023, and if yes, to what level?
Lucid Stock Forecast 2023: Bear Case
- Guidance for the full year 2022 was slashed twice –It has been a rough year for Lucid like any other EV maker. But there are many reasons for the more than 80% fall in the last 12 months. Firstly, Lucid started the year with a shock when it slashed the full-year production outlook from 20,000 to only 12,000-14,000 Lucid Air cars due to supply chain issues. By this time, the company had received 25,000 bookings. Another major jolt to the investors was felt in August when management said it will only be able to produce 6,000 to 7,000 units in the 2022 full year, but in contrast, Lucid had received 37,000 bookings by end of the second quarter.
The low production meant longer waiting times for customers to get deliveries. The Q3 results confirmed investors’ worst fears as customers resorted to cancellation of orders due to long waiting times. By November 7, 2022, Lucid had only 34,000 bookings, down by about 10% in a quarter.
- Bad quarter results and stock sale- With production numbers falling, coupled with production costs rising, Q3 2022 losses from operation rose 40% YoY to $687.5 million compared to $497 million in the same quarter the previous year. Also, it ended Q3 2022 with cash and cash equivalent of around $1.3 billion, down more than 70% from Q3 2021.
Along with Q3 results, management also announced the sale of common stock worth $1.5 billion meant for operational and capital expenditures. Management also said that raising capital through stock dilution can continue in 2023. Stock dilution is not considered positive by market participants and some analysts slashed their target price for the EV stock.
- Impact of Macroeconomic headwinds- LCID shares lost 29% in November and another 33% in December 2022. Although a part of it was due to the cancellation of orders, a major part is also due to the macroeconomic headwinds that hurt high-growth stocks like LCID and TSLA. Fed is continuously increasing the interest rates and as a result, there are high chances of a recession in the US in 2023. While the economy appears to be getting better, there are no guarantees at the moment given the uncertainties on commodity prices, Russia, and how China’s recovery will play out on inflation.
Also, LCID share price performance is linked to the EV sector as a whole and Tesla Inc’s performance in particular. For example, in December 2022, there was a news report that Tesla was cutting production in China, EV sector shares sold off and LCID was no exception. In 2023, there are expectations of flagging demand in the EV sector. Additionally, Tesla stock is looking weak due to its issues and this will impact negatively stocks like LCID in 2023.
Lucid Stock Forecast 2023: Bull Case
Cheaper Models in Pipeline – One of the arguments against Lucid is its expensive cars, which may not be attractive for 2023. But Lucid is coming up with lower-priced models like Air Grand Touring, Air Touring, and Air Pure. While the first model of Air Touring was delivered in November 2022. It also expects to deliver Air Pure soon. Lucid Group recently launched a high-end super sports electric sedan named Sapphire and expects to start production of it in 2023. Additionally, Lucid is set to open bookings for its luxury SUV, Gravity in January 2023.
A company’s R&D strength is visible with the products in the pipeline, and Lucid seems to be firing all cylinders in developing a robust pipeline to stay in the EV competition for decades to come. The company can generate additional revenue in 2023 from Gravity and other models.
A turnaround is expected in 2023 – True that Lucid cut its production guidance twice in 2022 to 6,500, but the good news is that it is hoping to produce 34,000 units in 2023. It said in November that it is on track to increase its total annual installed capacity to 90,000 units in 2023. It already has a capacity of 34,000 EVs per year.
There is another reason why Lucid may have hit rock bottom in 2022 in terms of production. On January 12, 2023, the company reported the total production figure for the fourth quarter. Lucid produced almost 3,500 cars in the fourth quarter to reach a total of 7,180 for the full year. So, the company produced almost half of its full-year production figure in the fourth quarter. It indicates that the company has taken important steps towards production and its positive results could be seen in 2023.
Lucid Stock Forecast 2023: FAQs
Is Lucid a Buy or a Hold?
After underperforming the index for most of the year, LUCID stock has begun a gradual path to recovery as the US economy begins a recovery. The average analyst forecast for the next 12 months is 2x the current price but there are numerous risks. Lucid being a high-growth stock is more vulnerable to short-term volatility via macroeconomic factors. Second, LUCID is operating in a category that is gradually increasing in competitiveness and this is likely to be the case over the next 24 months. That said, with EV penetration likely to rise over the next few years, Lucid is forecast to perform well in the next 5 years.
Will Lucid motors stock go up?
- Lucid motors are focusing on creating more luxurious electric vehicles and it has a huge potential to do so.
- Recently, Cantor Fitzgerald rated the company as “overweight”
- The company is performing well financially.
- Total revenues were $97.3 million, up 55840% y-y.
- Gross profit was -$195 million.
- Total operating expenses fell from $409 million in the first quarter to $364 million in the 2nd quarter.
- Total operating income was -$559 million, down 124.6% y-y.
- Net income was -$220.4 million, up 15.8% y-y.
- EBIT was -$559 million.
- In the last quarter, it delivered around 680 vehicles and expected its production volume to be 6000 to 7000. The company’s focus is on ramping up production and is expecting strong demand in the future where it already received 37000+ reservations and its potential sales are expected to reach $3.5 Billion. There are risks but there is also a high chance for the stock to go up.
LCID Stock Forecast: Q3 2022 Earnings
- Revenues of $195 M vs $97.3 M
- For every share of its $195.5 million in revenue, Lucid lost 40 cents
According to FactSet’s survey of analysts for their take on Lucid’s Q3 earnings, Lucid had to reduce its net loss per share in the third quarter from 43 cents to 31 cents. From $232,000 a year ago and $97.3 million in Q2, revenue was anticipated to reach $209.4 million. But in reality, in Q3 for every share of its $195.5 million in revenue, Lucid lost 40 cents. Due to increased production, the company’s capital expenditures in the third quarter increased by more than three times, to $290 million. Cash and cash equivalents decreased from $4.6 billion at the end of Q2 to $3.85 billion at the end of the quarter. In Q3, Lucid produced 2,282 EVs, more than tripling its output from Q2. 1,398 EVs were supplied to customers, more than double the amount from Q2.
Unfortunately, sales and income figures also fell short of Wall Street’s projections. Particularly, the company’s revenue for the third quarter of 2022 was $195 million.
The common shares of Lucid Group will be offered at the market price of up to $600 million, the company announced on Tuesday. Ayar Third Investment, a subsidiary of Public Investment Fund, which holds a majority stake in the company, agreed to buy up to $915 million worth of Lucid common shares through one or more private placements through at least March 31, 2023, according to a separate agreement the company said it reached with Ayar.
Lucid Stock Forecast 2023: Conclusion
Lucid must be seen as an EV start-up and to be considered if it revises production guidance. What is more important is that it should have the cash to stay afloat for at least a couple of years. Lucid had $3.85 billion of cash equivalents and investments by September 30, 2022. It also raised $1.5 billion through stock dilution. Also, Lucid has the backing of Saudi Arabia since an affiliate of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia is a major stakeholder in Lucid. In 2022, the government of Saudi Arabia also signed an agreement with Lucid to purchase 100,000 EVs over the next ten years.
For 2023, Lucid must stick to its production target and must ensure that there are no more reservation cancellations.
|Lucid Earnings||Lucid TradingView Chart|
|Latest Lucid Stock News from Google||Lucid Stock Price Prediction Reddit|
Author: Vineet Agarwal
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net and has no in-house view on the likely trends in the Stocks or Crypto Coins. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.