Moderna Stock Forecast 2023: Will MRNA Rise or Fall in 2023?
Moderna Inc Latest Price
Moderna, Inc., a biotechnology company, discovers, develops, and commercializes messenger RNA therapeutics and vaccines for the treatment of infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, autoimmune, and cardiovascular diseases in the United States, Europe, and internationally. The company was formerly known as Moderna Therapeutics, Inc. and changed its name to Moderna, Inc. in August 2018. Moderna, Inc. was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Moderna Stock Forecast for the Next 12 Months
|Average Moderna Stock Forecast for the Next 12 Months||$193|
Moderna Stock Forecast 2023: Latest News
- Noubar Afeyan, Director at Moderna, sold 15,000 shares of the company for $1,664,876. As per the Form 4 filing with the SEC, Afeyan now holds a total of 14,923,952 shares in Moderna. Out of these, 2,037,209 shares are held directly, while 12,886,743 shares are controlled indirectly.
- Shares of Moderna have experienced a significant drop recently, reaching their lowest point in over two and a-half years. Leerink Partners has slashed its price target for MRNA to $68 from $82, representing a substantial 37% downside. Also believes that MRNA’s extensive operational footprint is unsustainable without a significant recovery in COVID vaccine demand
Moderna Stock Forecast Today
|1. Market's Wisdom||Bearish|
|1a. Market Data||Bearish|
|1b. Technical Recommendation||Neutral|
|2. Crowd's Wisdom||Partially Bearish|
|2a. Social Media Buzz||Lower|
|2b. Social Media Sentiment||Higher|
Performance of Moderna Stock
- Last 1 Month: -14.2%
- Last 6 Months: -40.2%
- Last 1 Year: -46.5%
Moderna Stock Forecast: Second Quarter 2023 Highlights
- In Q2 2023, Moderna’s total revenue was $344 million, down from $4.7 billion in Q2 2022, due to lower COVID-19 vaccine sales.
- Product sales in Q2 2023 were $293 million, a 94% decrease from the same period in 2022, driven by lower sales volume.
- Cost of sales for Q2 2023 was $731 million, including charges for excess inventory and unutilized manufacturing capacity.
- Research and development expenses in Q2 2023 increased by 62% to $1.1 billion, mainly due to higher clinical trial-related expenses.
- Selling, general, and administrative expenses in Q2 2023 rose by 57% to $332 million, driven by increased headcount and spending in digital, medical affairs, and commercial functions.
- Income tax benefit for Q2 2023 was $369 million, influenced by the Company’s full-year outlook and non-recurring items.
- Net loss was $(1.4) billion in Q2 2023, compared to net income of $2.2 billion in Q2 2022.
- Diluted loss per share for Q2 2023 was $(3.62), while it was $5.24 in Q2 2022.
Moderna Stock Forecast 2023: Fundamentals
Investors in Moderna stock had a mixed experience during the fourth quarter. Despite a 29.5% decline in revenues to $5.08 billion, they exceeded expectations of $5.02 billion. Profits per share fell 68% to $3.61. The $4.60 estimate was not met. The business is spending a lot of money on R&D and expects to spend up to $4.5 billion this year. The profitability of the firm will be impacted by it.
As Covid vaccines and boosters drop, analysts continue to predict dramatic losses for Moderna. They forecast a loss of $1.73 per share and revenues of more than $1.19 billion for the first quarter. Losses would contrast with a $8.58 per share gain the previous year. Sales would decrease by 80%.
Some Facts about Moderna
Moderna Inc is a pharmaceutical and biotechnology company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, focusing on RNA therapeutics and primarily mRNA vaccines. Molecule messenger RNA (mRNA) is used by these vaccines to produce an immune response. The company’s commercial product includes the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
The company has 23 other treatment and vaccine candidates out of which 15 have entered clinical trials. Vaccine candidates include HIV, influenza, a combined single shot for COVID-19 booster, and two cancer vaccines.
The former company’s name was ModeRNA Therapeutics (2010-2018). In 2018, the company rebranded as “Moderna Inc” and further increased its portfolio. In December 2018, Moderna went public with the largest biotech IPO raising $621 million (27 million shares at $23 per share
MRNA has 48 drug projects in the pipeline and 35 ongoing clinical trials. Despite being a pharmaceutical company it was ranked 6th on Deloitte’s technology fast 500 growing companies. It was one of those rare jewels that gave out robust earnings during the pandemic.
Moderna Stock Forecast 2023: Analysts’ Price Targets
- CNN: The analysts offering 12-month price forecasts for Moderna Inc have a median target of 208.00, with a high estimate of 506.00 and a low estimate of 93.00. The median estimate represents a +41.64% increase from the last price of 146.85.
- NASDAQ: Based on analysts offering 12-month price targets for MRNA in the last 3 months. The average price target is $222.86 with a high estimate of $506 and a low estimate of $93.
- Tipranks: Based on 15 Wall Street analysts offering 12-month price targets for Moderna in the last 3 months. The average price target is $222.86 with a high forecast of $506.00 and a low forecast of $93.00. The average price target represents a 51.69% change from the last price of $146.92.
Contributor: Pratyush Mengi
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net and has no in-house view on the likely trends in the Stocks or Crypto Coins. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.