Moderna Stock Forecast 2023: Will MRNA Rise or Fall in 2023?
Moderna Inc Latest Price
Moderna, Inc., a biotechnology company, discovers, develops, and commercializes messenger RNA therapeutics and vaccines for the treatment of infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, autoimmune, and cardiovascular diseases in the United States, Europe, and internationally. The company was formerly known as Moderna Therapeutics, Inc. and changed its name to Moderna, Inc. in August 2018. Moderna, Inc. was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Performance of Moderna Stock
- 1 M: +7.2%
- 6 M: +27.6%
- 12 M: -17.6%
Moderna Stock Forecast for the Next 12 Months
|Average Moderna Stock Forecast for the Next 12 Months||$193|
Moderna Stock Forecast 2023: Latest News
- As the vaccine manufacturer extends beyond its COVID injections, Moderna Inc (MRNA.O) has entered into a license agreement with Generation Bio Co (GBIO.O) to develop medicines that target the immune system and liver. In addition to a $36 million equity investment in Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Generation Bio, Moderna will contribute $40 million in cash upfront. If the therapies from Generation Bio meet specific research, regulatory, and sales criteria, the company will also be eligible for compensation totaling $1.8 billion.
- Moderna will get access to Generation’s unique DNA technology, medication delivery system, and two potential treatments for immune cells and liver disease.
- The Mobile County Health Department announced that as of Friday, March 31, it will no longer offer the Moderna primary COVID-19 vaccine for those aged 12 years and older. The health department said it is discontinuing the use of the Moderna vaccine because it is currently unable to order Moderna through its supply chain.
Moderna Stock Forecast Today
|Overall Outlook||Partially Bearish|
|1. Market's Wisdom||Bearish|
|1a. Market Data||Bearish|
|1b. Technical Recommendation||Neutral|
|2. Crowd's Wisdom||Partially Bearish|
|2a. Social Media Buzz||Steady|
|2b. Social Media Sentiment||Neutral|
Moderna Stock Forecast: Latest Earnings
- Moderna, reported a total revenue of $19.3 billion for the year ended December 31, 2022, representing an increase of 4% compared to the previous year.
- The company’s product sales revenue increased to $18.4 billion, representing a 4% increase compared to the previous year.
- Net income of $8.4 billion for the year ended December 31, 2022, representing a decrease of 31% compared to the previous year.
- Earnings per share (EPS) decreased to $20.12 for the year ended December 31, 2022, compared to $28.29 in the previous year.
- A decrease in its operating expenses to $9.8 billion for the year ended December 31, 2022, representing a 90% increase compared to the previous year.
- The company’s cash and cash equivalents decreased to $3.2 billion as of December 31, 2022, compared to $6.8 billion in the previous year.
- The company generated $4.9 billion in net cash provided by operating activities for the year ended December 31, 2022, compared to $13.6 billion in the previous year.
Moderna Stock Forecast 2023: Fundamentals
Investors in Moderna stock had a mixed experience during the fourth quarter. Despite a 29.5% decline in revenues to $5.08 billion, they exceeded expectations of $5.02 billion. Profits per share fell 68% to $3.61. The $4.60 estimate was not met. The business is spending a lot of money on R&D and expects to spend up to $4.5 billion this year. The profitability of the firm will be impacted by it.
As Covid vaccines and boosters drop, analysts continue to predict dramatic losses for Moderna. They forecast a loss of $1.73 per share and revenues of more than $1.19 billion for the first quarter. Losses would contrast with a $8.58 per share gain the previous year. Sales would decrease by 80%.
Some Facts about Moderna
Moderna Inc is a pharmaceutical and biotechnology company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, focusing on RNA therapeutics and primarily mRNA vaccines. Molecule messenger RNA (mRNA) is used by these vaccines to produce an immune response. The company’s commercial product includes the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
The company has 23 other treatment and vaccine candidates out of which 15 have entered clinical trials. Vaccine candidates include HIV, influenza, a combined single shot for COVID-19 booster, and two cancer vaccines.
The former company’s name was ModeRNA Therapeutics (2010-2018). In 2018, the company rebranded as “Moderna Inc” and further increased its portfolio. In December 2018, Moderna went public with the largest biotech IPO raising $621 million (27 million shares at $23 per share
MRNA has 48 drug projects in the pipeline and 35 ongoing clinical trials. Despite being a pharmaceutical company it was ranked 6th on Deloitte’s technology fast 500 growing companies. It was one of those rare jewels that gave out robust earnings during the pandemic.
Moderna Stock Forecast 2023: Analysts’ Price Targets
- CNN: The analysts offering 12-month price forecasts for Moderna Inc have a median target of 208.00, with a high estimate of 506.00 and a low estimate of 93.00. The median estimate represents a +41.64% increase from the last price of 146.85.
- NASDAQ: Based on analysts offering 12-month price targets for MRNA in the last 3 months. The average price target is $222.86 with a high estimate of $506 and a low estimate of $93.
- Tipranks: Based on 15 Wall Street analysts offering 12-month price targets for Moderna in the last 3 months. The average price target is $222.86 with a high forecast of $506.00 and a low forecast of $93.00. The average price target represents a 51.69% change from the last price of $146.92.
Contributor: Pratyush Mengi
Track other Stock Forecasts here
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net and has no in-house view on the likely trends in the Stocks or Crypto Coins. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.