NIO Stock Forecast 2023: NIO Earnings Today
NIO Stock Forecast 2023: NIO Stock Price
NIO Stock Performance, June 9th
- Last 1 Month: -1.2%
- Last 3 Months: -12.9%
- Last 12 Months: -61.8%
NIO Stock Earnings Expectation
NIO Inc will be reporting its earnings for fiscal quarter ending in March 2023 today. Here. arethe expectation from today’s result:
- Earnings: -2.90
- Revenue: $11.61 B
- Earnings: -0.22
- Revenue: $11.61 B
Latest NIO Stock News
- Nio has revealed plans to introduce a wagon version to its ET5 model lineup. The upcoming variant, known as the ET5 Touring, is set to hit the markets in China and Europe during the latter half of 2023. With a starting price of approximately $50,000 in China and $55,000 in Europe, the ET5 Touring will enter the competitive arena of electric wagons, challenging rivals such as the Tesla Model Y and the Mercedes-Benz EQB.
- According to a report from Morgan Stanley, NIO achieved a new year-to-date order intake record in May, shortly after unveiling its second-generation ES6 electric SUV. The flagship stores of NIO also witnessed a notable increase in overall traffic, with a month-over-month rise of 30% to 40%.
NIO Stock Forecast: Technical Analysis
In the last week of March 2023, NIO stock price fell below $10 and since then the price has been trading below this level. NIO stock however has been able to hold above $7 and buyers have been trying to push the stock price higher.
Here is how NIO Stock Performed on the Last Trading Day
- Open: $7.76
- Close: $7.79
- Gain/Loss: +0.39%
- Market Cap: $11.77 B
On the 4-hour timeframe chart, the net NIO stock is on the uptrend once again. However, the stock remains below the 50-day and 200-day Moving Averages. From the above technical chart, the following technical information can be deduced:
- The 50-day MA of the NIO stock is around $8 and the 200-day MA is $9.25. At the time of writing the NIO stock price is $7.79.
- The NIO stock price is below its short-term and long-term trends. The 50-day MA and the 200-day MA of the NIO stock are above the net NIO stock price. This is technically a bearish indication.
- However, the price is on the uptrend, which suggests the overall momentum is now reversing to positive from negative.
- The RSI for the NIO stock reads 49.97 at the time of writing.
- The RSI is in the neutral zone. The buying pressure is up for NIO stock. The stock is edging above the neutral zone now.
- The volatility indicators appear to be on the lower end, according to the ATR (14) indicator, which is now at 0.4461.
- The MACD (12, 26) is at +0.0185 while the signal line is at +0.0175.
- As. the MACD line is above the signal line, it is a buy signal.
- Additionally, the volume histogram bars have increased ont he bullish axis. It adds to the improved market sentiment.
- The Williams Percent Range of NIO stock is -20.69. It is on the uptrend now.
- A Williams Percent Range of -20.69 indicates that it is currently trading near the higher end of its recent price range.
- The stock is technically overbought. The buyers are in control of the market.
Technically NIO stock is bullish for the next trading day. Check the Crowdwisdom360 momentum indicators for NIO below. This is updated once during the trading session and once at the end of the session.
NIO Stock Forecast Today
|1. Market's Wisdom||Partially Bearish|
|1a. Market Data||Bearish|
|1b. Technical Recommendation||Buy|
|2. Crowd's Wisdom||Partially Bullish|
|2a. Social Media Buzz||Higher|
|2b. Social Media Sentiment||Neutral|
Latest NIO Stock Video
NIO Stock Price Target: Analysts
|NIO Target Price for next 12 Months||$11.06|
NIO Stock Price Prediction 2023-2027
- NIO Stock Price Prediction 2023 is $11.2
- NIO Stock Price Prediction 2024 is $18.5
- NIO Stock Price Prediction 2025 is $25.8
- NIO Stock Price Prediction 2026 is $34.1
- NIO Stock Price Prediction 2027 is $47.5
NIO Stock Quarterly Earnings
The result of the Q1 is scheduled to be published on June 9. In the last quarter, NIO missed both the earnings and the revenue estimates.
Here is the overview of the last quarterly earnings of NIO:
Results: On sales of $2.329 billion, Nio lost 44 cents per ADR share. Compared to the preceding third quarter and the year-ago quarter, the vehicle margin and gross margin experienced a significant decline.
“Inventory provisions, accelerated depreciation on manufacturing facilities, and losses on purchase obligations for the present generation of ES8, ES6, and EC6” EVs were noted by Nio. At the end of December, Nio reported a balance of $6.6 billion in cash and cash equivalents. From $7.2 billion at the end of September, that amount decreased.
NIO posted the results of the 4th quarter of 2022 on March 1st. In the first three quarters, NIO beat its revenue targets but in Quarters 2 and 3 NIO missed the EPS target.
- NIO reported revenue of $2.33 billion for the Q4 of 2022. NIO missed the Wall Street estimation for Q4. However, the revenue was up 58%, year over year.
- Nio disclosed a cash and cash equivalents balance of $6.6 billion at the end of December. That was down from $7.2 billion at the end of September.
- Vehicle deliveries were 40,052 in the fourth quarter of 2022.
- NIO reported RMB 5.07B loss for the quarter.
Future: Nio predicted revenue of $1.584 million to $1.674 million for the current first quarter. The midpoint of $1.629 billion is much less than the $2.505 billion FactSet expectation. In a seasonally sluggish Q1, the startup anticipated 31,000-33,000 EV deliveries. That would be less than Q4’s 40,052 EV deliveries but up 20.3% to 28.1% from a year earlier.
Considering the deliveries from January and February suggests March deliveries between 10,337 and 12,337. Nio is anticipated by Wall Street to lose 66 cents per share in the fiscal year 2023 as opposed to a predicted loss of 97 cents in 2022. During the year, revenue is projected to grow by 84%.
Last 4 Quarterly Results of NIO
|(CNY)||Dec 2022||Sep 2022||Jun 2022||Mar 2022|
|Net profit margin||-36.40%||-31.86%||-26.67%||-18.41%|
|Net change in cash||–||–||–||–|
|Cash on hand||–||–||–||–|
|Cost of revenue||15.4B||11.27B||8.95B||8.46B|
|Dec-22||Miss -91.64%||Miss -9.63%|
|Sep-22||Miss -13.20%||Beat 0.73%|
|Jun-22||Miss -10.00%||Beat 4.70%|
|Mar-22||Beat +25.59%||Beat 0.56%|
Estimation for Q1 of 2023
- For the first quarter of 2023, the company expects total revenues to come between $1.58 billion and $1.67 billion.
- NIO expects 1,000-33,000 EV deliveries in Q1 of 2023.
Why NIO Stock Is a Buy?
NIO, the Chinese EV maker is trying to expand its global footprint. Despite the stock struggling lately, here are a few reasons to spend on NIO stock:
Cheaper Stock: Tesla is the leading EV market. However, the Tesla stock price is very high. NIO on the other hand is valued lower and has a great potential of rising.
Growing market demand: The market for electric vehicles (EVs) is growing rapidly, and NIO is well-positioned to benefit from this trend.
Favorable government policies: Governments around the world are coming up with lucrative policies to support the growth of EVs. The US government is providing subsidies and other incentives for companies like NIO. These policies will likely support the growth of the company.
Innovative technology: NIO is known for its innovative technology and design, which has helped it to differentiate itself in the competitive EV market. The company’s focus on autonomous driving technology and battery-swapping stations has the potential to give it a competitive advantage in the long run.
NIO vs Tesla
NIO and Tesla are Electric vehicles manufacturing companies but there are many differences between the two with respect to the market of operation, product, charging network, and many more. Here are a few differences between NIO and Tesla:
Target Market: Tesla has a global reach but the main area of Tesla’s market are North America, Europe, and China. NIO on the other hand has focused mainly Chinese market but it is now expanding.
Business Model: NIO is positioning itself not just as an EV manufacturer but also as a company providing suite of connected services and lifestyle experiences for its customers. Tesla is primarily a vehicle manufacturer.
Charging Network: Tesla has its own proprietary Supercharger network while NIO has developed its own Power Charger network, which is currently limited to China.
Battery Swapping: NIO offers battery swapping as an alternative to charging, allowing drivers to exchange a depleted battery for a fully charged one in just a few minutes. Tesla does not currently offer battery swapping.
Will NIO Recover In 2023?
Factors that will Affect NIO Share Price in 2023
Deal with Australian lithium producer Greenwing Resources- Nio Inc recently invested in the Australian-based lithium company. EV maker will own 12.16% of the stake in Greenwing and as it is more than 10%, it also enjoys the right to be nominated in the company’s board of directors. The proceeds from the purchase will be used in the exploration project of Greenwing in San Jorge.
The purchase by Nio is a step towards securing battery raw material supply lithium in the long run. In the long run, Nio plans to develop in-house batteries and also to strengthen the battery swap network. Battery swap technology is Nio’s Battery as a Service (BaaS) strategy, in which the battery can be replaced in about three minutes. Also, a vehicle can be purchased without a battery, which reduces the cost of the vehicle significantly. It has given an edge to Nio over its peers.
A single deal with not solve all the supply chain problems, but it is a step in the right direction and Nio can take advantage of this deal in 2023 in a major way.
Nio Berlin- Another positive factor for Nio Inc entering into 2023 is the expanding global presence of Nio in other countries. Recently, on October 7th, 2022, Nio Inc hosted Nio Berlin 2022. It is the European version of Nio day. The company unveiled ET5, ET7, and EL7 (renamed version of ES7 from China because of a branding dispute with Volkswagen’s Audi) models at the event.
The interesting thing is that the Chinese maker plans to only lease a car in four countries in Europe, i.e., Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Denmark. Nio Inc plans to work on a subscription model wherein a 75-gigawatt-hour battery can be leased for 1199-1295 euros a month. It is an unconventional move by the company to capture the European market so that people can get a feel of Nio cars at a smaller amount if they hesitate to invest big in new company cars.
This move will either make or break Nio’s future in Europe and hence will impact Nio’s share price in a major way in 2023.
Geopolitical Tensions between US and China- Nio Inc is indeed expanding its global presence in countries like Norway, and Germany, but it is still a China-based country and of late, tension is mounting between US and China for geopolitical reasons. The US is putting sanctions on Chinese companies to stop imports. Also, talks are going on to delist the Chinese companies’ ADR from the US stock market. That would be disastrous for Nio shares.
The US government has also put sanctions on local companies to stop the chip trades from companies in China and Taiwan. This will further aggravate the supply chain problems for Nio and can take a hit on Nio’s share price in 2023.
Support from the Chinese Government- One prominent reason for the downfall of Nio Inc and other technology companies in 2022 is the absence of support from the local government. Of late, the Chinese government became stricter in its oversight of technology and has wiped out $1 trillion for Chinese tech companies, according to a report from Bloomberg.
Nio shares were a super performer in 2020 and early 2021. The share price rose from a little above $3 to more than $60 in less than a year and it was seen as a possible competitor of Tesla. Two years down the line, the share price has crashed back to lows of $11. Investors are still in a risk-averse mode and are avoiding stocks with very high valuations.
The biggest disadvantage with Nio right now is that it is still an unprofitable company and it is not expected to be one in the least next two years. Although profit margins have improved over time, it is still reporting sizable losses in every quarter result.
Although Nio is in a much better position compared to Lucid and Rivian in terms of production and delivery targets, former companies still struggling to scale up production. But I am still skeptical about Nio Inc as an investment in 2023 simply because of geopolitical tensions between USA and China which could escalate anytime in the coming year.
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net and has no in-house view on the likely trends in the Stocks or Crypto Coins. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.