PayPal Stock Forecast 2023: PYPL 12 Months Price Target Lowered to $100.6
PayPal Stock Forecast 2023: PYPL stock’s momentum is technically bearish. The average 12 months prediction is $100.6.
PayPal Stock Forecast: Latest Price
Paypal Stock Performance, Last 12 Months
- Last 1 Month: +4.2%
- Last 6 Months: +6.2%
- Last 12 Months: -58.5%
PAYPAL Stock Forecast: 12 Months Target
Paypal Stock Price Prediction for next 5 Years (Aggregated)
Paypal Stock Price Prediction 2023 is $117
Paypal Stock Price Prediction 2024 is $144
Paypal Stock Price Prediction 2025 is $192
Paypal Stock Price Prediction 2026 is $237
Paypal Stock Price Prediction 2027 is $254
Paypal Stock Forecast Today: Buy or Sell
|1. Market's Wisdom||Positive|
|1a. Market Data||Positive|
|1b. Technical Recommendation||Neutral|
|2. Crowd's Wisdom||Partially Negative|
|2a. Social Media Buzz||Lower|
|2b. Social Media Sentiment||Neutral|
PayPal Stock Forecast 2023: Q3 Results
PayPal is one of the largest Fintech companies in the world. PayPal reported strong financial results for the third quarter as the company beat both revenue and earnings estimates. Here is the result for 3rd quarter of Paypal:
- Paypal witnessed an increase in the transaction per active account. The transactions per active account in the quarter grew by a record 13% to over 50x for the year.
- The total net revenue of Paypal grew 11% YOY to $6846 Million compared to the net revenue in the same quarter in 2021.
- The operating margin decreased from 16.9% in Q3 of 2021 to 16.3% in Q3 of 2022.
- The net income loss increased by 22% to $1330 Million.
- Earnings per diluted share increased by 26% from $0.92 per share to $1.15 per share.
PayPal Stock Technical Analysis
In the July of 2021, Paypal Stock was valued at over $310. However, the Paypal stock crashed and by the end of July 2022, PYPL was valued below $70. Since then on several occasions, PYPL stock has attempted to recover but every time a surge happened the bears have shorted the stock. At the time of writing PYPL is trading close to $80.
The 52-week high price of Paypal is $195 while the 52-week low is 66.83. PYPL is over 50% lower than its 52-week high price.
Performance on the last Trading Day
- Open Price: $76.48
- Close Price: $77.08
- Gain/Loss: +0.78%
- Overall Market Cap: $87.6B
Understanding PYPL WRT to the Technicals
On the above chart, PYPL is moving above the 50-day Moving average. However, there has been a marginal retreat and the price is once again heading toward testing the 50-day MA which is around $72.26. PYPL has remained below the 200-day Moving average. The first level of support for PYPL is $75.9 while the resistance is $81.43.
If PYPL breaks above this resistance, it will retest the 200-day MA which is around $84.14.
The RSI for PYPL is 61.83. The RSI has retreated after entering the over brought territory. With current momentum, the RSI is likely to fall as the sellers are in control. PYPL stock is likely to fall on the next trading day,
The Stochastic RSI for PYPL is on a downtrend after it entered the over brought territory. The signal is a sell. The MACD is however throwing a bullish indication. The fast line (blue) is above the slow line (orange). However, the trading volume has been falling in the last few days.
- Moving Average: Bearish
- RSI: Sell
- Stochastic RSI: Sell
- MACD: Buy
PayPal Stock Forecast 2023: CrowdWisdom360-Insights
- Paypal stock has gained +2.5% in the last month, outperforming the Zacks S&P 500 index, which has gained +3.8%.
- As it approaches its next earnings announcement, investors will be looking for Paypal to show strength. The company is anticipated to have earnings per share of $0.88, -27.87% from the previous quarter.
- Solana Pay is another potential Paypal competitor. Solana Pay is an interesting new breakthrough in digital payments.
- PayPal is a prominent player in the field of electronic payments. The company processed a remarkable $1.25 trillion in total payment volume (TPV). As of now, it seems that PayPal’s business space in digital payments will not be challenged.
- As the company has not changed its projections of the number of customers till 2025 for long, one way for growth is more usage of products from existing customers and the average transaction per person has also grown only by 1.1%.
- Analysts anticipate posting earnings of $1.12 per share, -8.2% Y-o-Y.
- The search trend of the stock in google is downward trending since last week, one reason because there has been only 2% overall price moment in the last 5 days.
Also Read: Tesla Stock Forecast
PayPal Stock Forecast 2023: Latest Video
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net and has no in-house view on the likely trends in the Index or Individual Stocks. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.