Tesla Stock Forecast 2023-2027: Will Tesla reach 1000?
This article talks about some of the key Tesla Stock Forecast 2023 and also the questions, “Will Tesla Reach $350 in 2023” and “Is Tesla a Good Investment?” Also, check Tesla Stock Predictions by analysts.
Latest Tesla Stock Price
Tesla Stock Performance in the Last 12 Months
- Last 5 Days: -0.9%
- Last 1 Month: +6.7%
- Last 6 Months: +7.6%
- Year to Date (2023): +117.9%
Latest Tesla News
Tesla’s head of Dojo supercomputer exits
- Ganesh Venkataramanan, the head of hardware for Tesla’s Dojo supercomputer, has left the company. While the official reason for his departure hasn’t been confirmed, there are strong indications that it might be linked to issues with the next-generation Dojo 2 chip.
- Ganesh’s exit might be linked to the underperformance of the next-generation Dojo 2 chip, which is crucial for Tesla’s self-driving efforts.
- Dojo is a powerful AI supercomputer is designed to accelerate Tesla’s neural network training for its self-driving technology.
Tesla Loses Legal Action in Sweden
- Tesla has been locked in a dispute with the Swedish Union of Transport Workers (SEKO) over the company’s refusal to negotiate a collective bargaining agreement with its workers in Sweden.
- In an attempt to pressure Tesla into negotiations, SEKO members at the Swedish postal service, PostNord, refused to deliver license plates for Tesla vehicles imported into the country. Tesla responded by suing PostNord, arguing that the action was illegal.
- On December 7th, 2023, a Swedish court ruled in favor of PostNord, stating that the union members’ refusal to deliver the license plates was justified as a form of legal industrial action.
Tesla’s Tax Credit to be Cut in Half
- The federal tax credit for Tesla’s Model 3 is being halved starting January 1st, 2024. This means that buyers will only be eligible for a $3,750 credit, instead of the full $7,500.
- This change is due to new rules set forth by the Inflation Reduction Act, which have stricter requirements for battery sourcing. Tesla’s Model 3 batteries are not currently compliant with these rules, hence the reduced credit.
- It’s important to note that this only applies to the rear-wheel drive and long-range Model 3 variants. The other models, such as the Model Y and Performance versions, are still eligible for the full credit.
Tesla Stock- Buy or Sell
Net Buy Rating = Buy% – Sell%
- Aug 1st: +61.2%
- Oct 1st: +53.2%
- Nov 1st: +49.3%
- Dec 1st: +46.4%
- Dec 8th: +46.9%
Tesla Stock Forecast Today, Tomorrow and Week
- Tesla Stock Price Prediction in the next 24 hours is between $243 and $244
- Tesla Stock Price Prediction this week is between $199 and $267
Tesla Stock Technical Analysis Today
Tesla is above $240 as the stock closed positively on the last trading day. However, the outlook surrounding the asset is mostly negative. The buyers will need to propel the Tesla stock price above $250 which could in turn lead to more buyers entering the market. Technically, Tesla’s stock price is volatile but the overall outlook is marginally positive.
Tesla’s stock price has shown a recent upturn in the overall outlook, breaking above its 50-day Moving Average. While the current price of Tesla is trading higher than its 50-day MA at $231.44, it’s positioned below its 200-day MA, standing at $243.76.
This disparity in the Simple Moving Averages presents a mixed signal for Tesla—the current price surpasses the 50-day MA but remains beneath the 200-day MA. Short-term trends indicate marginal positivity, whereas long-term trends lean towards negativity for the asset.
The net Tesla stock price is on the downtrend suggesting that the price could fall on the next trading day. The first level of support for Tesla lies around $230, with initial resistance at $252. Tesla’s stock price was rejected below this level which led to the price pullback below $250.
The RSI of Tesla stock is above 50.0 and it is on the uptrend. The RSI suggests that the buyers have been able to outnumber the sellers. The RSI reading at the time of writing is 57.61.
The Williams Percent Range of Tesla is −48.49. It suggests that the asset is neither oversold nor overbought. The WPR reading of -48.49 means that there is neutrality in the market.
On the MACD chart, the MACD line is on the uptrend and retesting the signal line from below. The red histogram bars have started to decrease on the negative axis. It is a marginally positive signal.
Overall, these indicators collectively present a short-term postive outlook for the asset.
Tesla Stock Bullish or Bearish Sentiment Today
|Overall Outlook||Partially Bearish|
|1. Market's Wisdom||N/A|
|1a. Market Data||N/A|
|1b. Technical Recommendation||Neutral|
|2. Crowd's Wisdom||Neutral|
|2a. Social Media Buzz||Higher|
|2b. Social Media Sentiment||Lower|
Tesla Target Price for Next 12 Months: Analysts
|Tesla Target Price 2023||$231|
Tesla Stock Forecast 2023 to 2027: Aggregated*
- Tesla Stock Price Prediction 2023 is $248
- Tesla Stock Price Prediction 2024 is $316
- Tesla Stock Price Prediction 2025 is $362
- Tesla Stock Price Prediction 2026 is $434
- Tesla Stock Price Prediction 2027 is $472
Ark Invest’s price target for Tesla in 5 years is $2000. Tesla stock price prediction for 2030 will range between $1200 and $1500*Long-term forecasts are never perfect and usually unreliable as there are too many variables. Most of the time they may be correct directionally.
Tesla Stock Prediction 2025: Other Methods
Tesla’s stock is predicted to reach $1000 between 2027 and 2029, we can extrapolate a potential price for December 2025. Given the growth rate projections, if Tesla’s stock price is $260 in July 2023, it could potentially approximately double to reach around $520 by December 2025. However, this estimate assumes a steady, uninterrupted increase, which is rarely the case in reality, as stock price movements are influenced by various factors such as market dynamics, company performance, and macroeconomic conditions.
Tesla Stock Prediction 2025: Will Tesla reach $500 by the end of 2025?
As things stand today, there is a moderate probability that Tesla could reach $500 by the end of 2025. Multiple reasons for this
- Likely improvement in Macro liquidity conditions could drive up demand and pricing power for Tesla Products
- Improved liquidity could also drive up the willingness to pay a premium for Tesla Stock
- The Current stock price momentum suggests that Tesla could rise by another $250 over the next 24 months.
Our Tesla $1000 Forecast is done in Multiple ways
Can Tesla Stock reach $1000? EPS Estimate Method
Tesla Earnings Per Share Forecast 2030
- Motley Fool: $24.3
- Gary Black: $40
Average Earnings Per Share: $32.2
Using the current EPS multiples on future forecasts Tesla will hit $1000 in the year 2027. In reality, it will take longer given that EPS Multiples will fall over time.
Will Tesla reach 1000? Using the last quarter’s growth (YOY)
Tesla’s EPS(non-GAAP) gained around 40% in the 4th quarter of 2022. Taking this growth as a base, Tesla stock will reach $1000 in 2029. In reality, EPS may not rise at the rate of 40% through the next 5-7 years.
Caution: Long Term Forecasts are a good topic to discuss but are quite unreliable due to the vagaries of the economic environment and the limited data available.
Will Tesla reach 1000? Conclusions
Considering the fundamentals and the current forecasts, it is likely that the earliest Tesla stock would reach $1000 is between 2027 and 2029. While EPS may not rise at the pace estimated, Multiples which are also a function of the economic environment at that point in time could push Tesla to $1000 in the next Bull Cycle.
Tesla Stock Forecast Today, Tomorrow and Week
- Tesla Stock Price Prediction in the next 24 hours is between $212 and $219
- Tesla Stock Price Prediction this week is between $205 and $225
Tesla Q3, 2023 Earnings
Tesla released its third-quarter financial results on October 18, 2023, revealing the following key data:
- Earnings: The company reported earnings of 66 cents per share (adjusted), falling short of the expected 73 cents per share.
- Revenue: Tesla’s revenue for the quarter was $23.35 billion, which was slightly below the expected $24.1 billion.
- GAAP net income: $1.85 vs. $2.1B estimate. Q3 net income declined 44% YoY EPS (GAAP): $0.53 vs. $0.64 est.
- Q3 gross margins fell to 17.9% from 25.1% a year ago. A slowdown in growth in vehicle deliveries. Reduced average selling price. Increase in operating expenses driven by Cybertruck, Al, and other R&D projects.
- Automotive and Energy Revenue: Within its revenue breakdown, Tesla generated $19.63 billion from its automotive business and $1.56 billion from its energy generation and storage segment.
- Regulatory Credits: Notably, the revenue from regulatory credits within the automotive segment surged during the third quarter, reaching $554 million, compared to $282 million in the previous quarter and $286 million in the same quarter last year.
- Year-over-Year Comparisons: When compared to the same period in the previous year, Tesla’s revenue increased from $21.45 billion. However, net income for the quarter was $1.85 billion, or 53 cents per share, down from $3.29 billion, or 95 cents per share, in the prior year.
- Profit and Margins: Tesla’s total gross profit declined by 22% year over year, and the total operating margin dropped significantly to 7.6%, compared to the previous year’s figure of 17.2%.
- Research and Development Expenses: Research and development expenses in the third quarter totaled $1.16 billion, an increase from the previous year’s figure of $733 million.
- Energy Business: In the energy business, Tesla recorded a 90% increase in energy storage deployment, with 3,653 MWh deployed during the quarter. However, solar installations dropped by 48% year over year to 49 MW.
In summary, Tesla’s Q3 financial results showed some mixed performance, with revenue falling slightly short of expectations and a decrease in net income compared to the previous year. The surge in revenue from regulatory credits within the automotive segment was notable. The energy storage business saw growth, but solar installations declined. Tesla’s operating margins and gross profit also experienced declines.
Tesla Stock Performance (Last 5 Years)
In the last 5 years, Tesla had the worst performance in 2020 with the average stock price falling below $100. However, despite the stock price doubling since January 2023, the average Tesla stock price in 2023 is now lower than what it was back in 2022.
The stock could likely experience further downtrend as the company is resorting to price price cuts which will directly impact the revenue. The scenario could likely create fear among the investors and could likely resort to selling rather than buying.
Will Tesla reach $350 in 2023?
To reach above $350, Tesla will have to rise by $90 in the next 5 months. Aggregated forecasts suggest the base is in place to reach $300 this year itself. Here are some reasons why Tesla could reach $350
- The macroeconomic environment is likely to improve later this year
- Federal Govt support has helped Tesla drop prices
- Competitors are now accepting Tesla charging standards
- Other lines of business – Cybertruck, Energy Business
There are some risks as well
- Tesla is giving up margin to garner additional sales
- Chinese competition is rising (BYD for example)
- Competition in the US is also rising
Tesla Stock Price Prediction 2023: How High Will Tesla Go in 2023?
The Tesla stock reached its all-time high closing price of $409.97 on November 04, 2021. However, the stock has struggled to surpass the $400 mark since then. Despite this, Tesla’s shares have the potential for significant growth, benefiting from several positive factors. It is important to consider that certain factors could hinder the rise of Tesla stock. Here are some key factors that could contribute to the upward movement of Tesla stock in 2023:
- Growth of EV Market: Tesla is the leading electric vehicle manufacturer worldwide, and the global electric vehicle market is projected to experience significant growth in the upcoming years.
- Expansion of Tesla’s production capacity: Tesla is currently in the process of expanding its production capacity in various countries, such as China and the United States. This expansion aims to meet the rising demand for Tesla vehicles and could positively impact the company’s stock price.
- New Product: In 2023, Tesla plans to unveil several new products, including the Cybertruck and the Semi. The introduction of new products could attract more investors to Tesla.
Considering all these factors, Tesla is expected to reach $281 (the average of the 5 latest analysts’ forecasts) and the Crowdwisdom360’s Tesla Stock Price Prediction 2023 is $296.
Tesla Stock Price Forecast 2023: Is Tesla a good stock to buy?
Yes, Tesla is a good stock to buy. Here is what is going in favor of Tesla
- Rapid growth potential: Tesla is the leading EV company and with the increasing popularity of electric vehicles and renewable energy the growth of Tesla as a company is likely unstoppable. Considering the growth potential of the company it is wise to invest in its stock.
- Outstanding R&D and Execution capability. The company has delivered numerous innovations and has produced its way around chip shortages quite efficiently. Tesla managed Chip shortages by replacing the chips with substitutes and rewriting its firmware. This enabled Tesla to manage production way more efficiently than most Manufacturers.
- Positive market sentiment: Tesla has a large and passionate fan base, and the company’s stock has a strong following among individual investors. This positive market sentiment can be a reason to invest in the stock.
Reasons Not to Buy Tesla Stock
- Interest rates and other economic factors: The Fed has increased rates many times even as there are no signs of the global economy recovering soon. While US inflation may continue to fall, an escalation in Ukraine could pose a huge risk to Global economies.
- Competition: The electric vehicle market is becoming increasingly crowded. Tesla faces competition from companies like Byd, Nio, Lucid, General Motors, Ford, Volkswagen, and others, which could potentially impact its market share and profitability. While Tesla is the undisputed leader of the EV market in the world, a range of competitors are lined up to take a bite out of Tesla.
- Regulations, fees, and fines: The electric vehicle market is subject to various regulations, including emissions standards and safety regulations. Changes in regulations could impact Tesla’s business and profitability.
- Volatility: Tesla’s stock price has been volatile, and it has historically traded at a high valuation relative to its earnings and revenue. The volatile nature of the Tesla stocks makes it less attractive as an investment.
- Production challenges: Tesla has faced production challenges in the past. If the company is unable to meet the demand for its products, it could impact its revenue and profitability.
Tesla Stock Price Prediction 2023: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Should I buy Tesla Stock Now?
Investing in a stock is a personal decision that should be carefully considered. However, there are several factors to take into account when contemplating an investment in Tesla stock. These include:
- Tesla’s fundamentals
- The stock market environment
- Personal investing goal
- Company’s valuation
- Risk of investing in the stock market
Will Tesla Stock Go Up?
2023 has been a favorable year for Tesla, although the stock has experienced significant volatility. To drive a surge in Tesla stock, several factors should be taken into account.
Firstly, the company continues to experience rapid growth.
Tesla is in a strong position to capitalize on the increasing demand for electric vehicles.
Tesla is a frontrunner in the advancement of autonomous driving technology.
However, it’s important to consider potential obstacles such as competition from other electric vehicle manufacturers, regulatory hurdles, and disruptions in the supply chain. These factors have the potential to impede the upward trajectory of Tesla stock.
How Much Will Tesla Stock Be Worth in 10 Years?
Predicting the stock price for the next 10 years can be complex, but based on the current momentum, it is anticipated that Tesla will be valued at approximately $1,500 in the next decade.
What is the best time to invest in Tesla stock?
The answer to this question is complicated as the investment is a personal choice, therefore there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. However, a few factors can be considered before making an investment in Tesla stock:
Tesla is well-positioned for future growth. Tesla is a leading electric vehicle manufacturer with a strong track record of growth. The company has also been expanding its production capacity and entering new markets.
The stock market has been highly volatile in the last couple of months. Therefore, better research is required before making an investment.
How long do you plan to hold onto your Tesla shares? If you’re looking to invest for the long term, then you may be less concerned about short-term fluctuations in the stock price. However, if you’re looking to sell your shares in the near future, then you may want to wait for the stock price to stabilize.
How High Will Tesla Go?
Tesla stock has a great potential to rise but the stock market has been widely affected by macro factors. As per our calculation, Tesla could break above $300 this year while by 2025 Tesla’s stock could be valued above $400. Tesla is expected to be valued at around $1200 to $1500 by the end of 2030. Ark Invest’s price target for Tesla in 5 years is $2000.
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net and has no in-house view on the likely trends in the Stocks or Crypto Coins. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.