FIFA World Cup: Belgium vs Canada Prediction
Belgium vs Canada Prediction
When is Belgium most Likely to score a goal? Belgium is likely to score in the first half.
When is Canada likely to score a goal? Canada’s best chance can come in the first half with Belgium’s defence slightly vulnerable in starting minutes.
Who is likely to score a goal for Belgium? Lukaku is likely to score a goal for Belgium.
Who is Likely to score a goal for Canada? Cyle Larin is likely to score for Canada.
Who is Likely to win the Match? Belgium: 2 Canada 0
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances.
As Roberto Martinez’s Red Devils attempt to improve upon their performance from four years ago, they will face Canada in their opening match of the 2022 Qatar World Cup.
Following a semifinal loss to eventual champions France, Belgium took third place at the 2018 World Cup, defeating England in the third-place playoff.
For the first time in 26 years, Canada will compete in the World Cup.
The John Herdman-led Canada have an exciting team that will be motivated to defy the odds in Group F. In light of it we bring you the Statistical Analysis for this exciting clash.
Belgium vs Canada Prediction: Goal Analysis
- Belgium in its last four matches has won two, drawn one and lost one. The total goal aggregate for the Red Devils is 4:2
- Belgium averaged 1 goal per match in the last four games. Belgium scored two goals only once in the last four matches. The brace came against Wales with the Red Devils winning the game 2-1.
- Belgium’s goal-scoring has been volatile in the last four matches with 2 goals coming in the first half and two in the second half.
Belgium at the World Cup
- Belgium has only lost one game in the last five matches at the World cup. Belgium, in its last five matches, has faced England, Japan, Brazil and France.
- The total goal aggregate for the last five matches is 8:4.
- Belgium averaged 1.6 goals per match and conceded 0.8 goals in its last five matches.
- Belgium has scored 60% of its goals in the first half in the last five matches.
Belgium’s scores last five matches In the world Cups:
- Belgium: 1, England: 0
- Belgium: 3, Japan: 2
- Belgium: 2, Brazil: 1
- Belgium: 0, France:1
- Belgium: 2, England: 0
- Canada has been hot and cold in the last five matches. Canada has won 2, lost two and drawn one in the last five matches. The total goal aggregate for Canada is 9:5.
- Canada averaged 1.8 goals per match in its last five matches and conceded one goal per match.
- Canada’s 65% of the goals have come in the first half.
Canada’s scores in the last five matches
- Canada: 4, Curacao: 0
- Canada: 1, Honduras: 1
- Canada: 2, Qatar: 0
- Canada: 0, Uruguay: 2
- Canada: 2, Bahrain: 2
It is difficult to gauge anything from Canada’s performance in the World Cup since the Maple leaf last played a World cup match in 1986.
Most Probable outcome: Belgium to score first
Canada vs Belgium World Cup Prediction: Forward Statistics
- Belgium scored 25 goals in 8 matches in the World Cup qualification, an average of three goals per game.
- In qualification for the World Cup, Romelu Lukaku scored the most goals for Belgium. Lukaku scored 5 goals in the five matches averaging 1.35 goals per 90 minutes with a shooting accuracy of more than 45%
- Hans Vanaken was Belgium’s second-highest goal scorer in World Cup qualification. Vanaken scored 3 goals at 0.61 goals per match with a shooting accuracy of 42%.
- Trossard along with De Bruyne scored two goals and averaged around 0.42 goals per match and provided 2 assists.
- In the 20 matches in the World Cup Qualifiers, Canada scored 48 goals at a goal average of 2.40.
- Cyle Larin was the highest goal scorer for Canada in World Cup Qualification. Forward scored 13 goals in the 16 matches at 1.17 goals per 90 minutes with a shooting accuracy of 38%,
- Jonathan David was the second-highest goal scorer for Canada. David scored 9 goals in 18 matches at 0.61 goals per 90 minutes with a shooting accuracy of 34%.
Belgium vs Canada Prediction: Defence Analysis
- Belgium conceded just a tad below one goal per match in the qualifier. Belgium was hardly challenged in the World Cup Qualification. Belgium conceded 4 shots fewer to European Championship and had 10% more tackle success percentage to go along with increased clean sheets.
Belgium’s Key Defenders
- Meunier has won 22 aerial duels and 25 tackles and has made 2 blocks.
- Alderwiereld has won 18 aerial duels and averages 2.7 clearances per match.
Canada conceded 8 goals in the 20 matches in the World Cup Qualifiers at 0.40 goals per match. Canada’s defensive strength lies in their interceptions and tackles’ success. Canada was the best defensive side in the World Cup Qualifiers and have players like Alphonso davies who can make a difference on the field.
Canada: Key Defenders
- Alistair Johnson leads the defence of Canada. The Centre-back made 3.5 clearances per match for Canada with a tackle success percentage of 71.
- Steven Vitora was also good for Canada in the World Cup Qualification. The defender averaged 2.2 clearances per match.
- FIFA World Cup: Spain Vs Costa Rica Prediction
- 2022 FIFA World Cup: Germany vs Japan Prediction
- FIFA World Cup 2022: England vs USA Prediction
- FIFA World Cup 2022 Predictions: Who Will Win World Cup 2022?
Belgium vs Canada Odds
Belgium vs Canada Head to Head
Belgium and Canada played only one game way back in 1989 with Belgium winning it 2-0. The game was played at Lansdowne Park, Ottawa.
Belgium vs Canada Prediction: World Cup Squad
Belgium World Cup Squad
Goalkeepers: Thibaut Courtois, Simon Mignolet, Koen Casteels
Defenders: Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, Zeno Debast, Leander Dendoncker, Wout Faes, Arthur Theate
Midfielders: Thomas Meunier, Timothy Castagne, Thorgan Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne, Axel Witsel, Youri Tielemans, Amadou Onana, Hans Vanaken, Yannick Carrasco
Forwards: Eden Hazard, Leandro Trossard, Romelu Lukaku, Michy Batshuayi, Charles De Ketelaere, Lois Openda, Jeremy Doku, Dries Mertens
Manager: Roberto Martinez
Canada World Cup Squad
Goalkeepers: James Pantemis, Milan Borjan, Dayne St Clair
Defenders: Samuel Adekugbe, Joel Waterman, Alistair Johnston, Richie Laryea, Kamal Miller, Steven Vitoria, Derek Cornelius
Midfielders: Liam Fraser, Ismael Kone, Mark-Anthony Kaye, David Wotherspoon, Jonathan Osorio, Atiba Hutchinson, Stephen Eustaquio, Samuel Piette
Forwards: Tajon Buchanan, Liam Millar, Lucas Cavallini, Ike Ugbo, Junior Hoilett, Jonathan David, Cyle Larin, Alphonso Davies
Manager: John Herdman
Canada vs Belgium World Cup Prediction: Final Analysis and Insights
Canada has to play out of its skins to make a match out of it. During its last five matches, Canada played Uruguay, a team that is somewhere near the quality of the Red Devils, and failed to win. The Red Devils, on the other hand, have not been in the best form, scoring just one goal per match.
Prediction: Our Belgium vs Canada World Cup 2022 prediction is a 2-0 victory for Belgium. The Red Devils, despite their inconsistencies, have the power to take down Canada. It may be difficult for Canada, which hasn’t been tried and tested on the global stage, to challenge Belgium.