FIFA World Cup 2022: Brazil vs Serbia Prediction
Brazil vs Serbia Prediction
When is Brazil most likely to score a goal? Brazil is known for its fearless brand of football. They look to dominate the opposition by taking a good lead before the end of the first half.
When is Serbia most likely to score a goal? It will be a mammoth task for Serbia to score against Brazil. They might get some opportunities in the late second half.
Who is most likely to score for Brazil? All eyes are on Neymar who will be playing his third World Cup. He is expected to score right from the first game.
Who is most likely to score for Serbia? Aleksander Mitrovic has looked in good form this season. He has a high chance to score among all the players.
Who is likely to win the match? Brazil: 3 Serbia: 1
All statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances.
We are just a few days away from one of the most awaited sporting events in the world. The FIFA World Cup 2022 is set to begin on 20 November 2022. As the Arab peninsula of Qatar prepares itself for the mega show, it’s high time for football pundits and betting markets to start analyzing the chances of teams taking part in the event.
Brazil will kickstart its campaign on 24 November in the Group G fixture against Serbia. The five-time champions are already being predicted as one of the top favorites to win the title this time. Brazil has looked in excellent form in the recent International Friendlies and the World Cup Qualifiers last year.
Serbia is one of the most improved football sides in recent times. This will be their third appearance out of the last 4 FIFA editions. Dragan Stojkovic has become the third manager to lead the Serbians at a World Cup. It will be a challenging match for his side in the season opener against the Brazilians.
Brazil vs Serbia Prediction: Recent Form
- Brazil has been unbeaten in the last 15 international matches. Their last defeat came in the Copa America final against Argentina in July 2021. In the World Cup Qualifiers, they had an amazing record of 14 wins and 3 draws.
- Brazil is currently one of the most dangerous attacking sides in the world. They scored goals at an average of 3.6 per game in the last 5 matches. The goal aggregate in those 5 games stood at 18-2.
- Serbia’s last international appearance was in the UEFA Nations League. It has been a successful campaign for the Serbians as they are leading their group with 13 points.
- Serbia has scored goals 3.6 goals per game in the last 5 matches, with an overall aggregate of 13-4.
- Brazil’s attack is expected to create havoc right from the start of the mega event. The Serbians have a formidable attack too. However, they will have no margin of error in the defense to avoid conceding an early goal. Statistically. Brazil is looking like a much more powerful side than Serbia.
Serbia vs Brazil Prediction: Forwards Statistics
Brazil has a star-studded panel in the forward attack. Led by Neymar, the other key players include Gabriel Jesus and Raphinha.
- Expectations from Neymar will be high this year. He is undoubtedly the face of Brazil this World Cup as well. Neymar has added 6 goals and 2 assists in his FIFA career.
- Gabriel Jesus is looking in excellent touch this season. He has scored 5 goals in the EPL 2022-23, playing for Arsenal. Jesus also assisted in 5 goals and created 5 big chances for his side.
- Raphinha has done well in the current La Liga season. He has played with an average of 1.8 key passes per game with 67% success in aerials duels.
Serbia’s forward department has formidable players like Aleksander Mitrovic, Dusan Vlahovic, and Dusan Tadic.
- Aleksander Mitrovic has looked in good form in recent matches. In the current EPL season, he has scored 9 goals for Fulham, playing at an average of 1.8 shots on target per match.
- Dusan Vlahovic added 6 goals in the Serie A 2022-23. He maintained an average of 1.1 key passes per game.
- Dusan Tadic played well in the World Cup Qualifiers. He added 2 goals and 6 assists to his name with 71% dribbling success.
Serbia vs Brazil Prediction: Defense Statistics
- Brazil has conceded goals at an average of 0.40 per game in the last 5 matches. They ended 3 of those 5 games on clean sheets.
- Thiago Silva is a highly experienced defender in Brazil’s squad. In the last World Cup, he played with an average of 4.2 clearances per game and 67% success in ground duels. Goalkeeper Alisson has maintained an average of 3.3 saves per game at a success rate of 72% in the current EPL season.
- Serbia’s goal-conceding average stands at 0.80 per match in the last 5 fixtures. They had 2 clean sheets.
- In the defense, Strahinja Pavlovic is one of the key defenders for the Serbians. Pavlovic played with an average of 3 clearances per game and 64% success in duels in the World Cup Qualifiers. Goalkeeper Vanja Milinkovic-Savic has looked good in the current Serie A season. He played with an average of 2.9 saves per match at a success rate of 71%.
Brazil vs Serbia Betting Tips: Head-to-Head Statistics
Brazil: 1, Serbia: 0 International Friendly (06 June 2014)
Brazil: 2, Serbia: 0 FIFA World Cup (27 June 2018)
Brazil vs Serbia Odds
Also Read: England World Cup Odds and Prediction
Brazil vs Serbia Betting Tips
- Brazil to score the first goal: Yes
- Above 2.5 goals: Yes
- Winner: Brazil
Brazil (4-3-3): Alisson; Danilo, Militao, Marquinhos, Arana; Raphinha, Casemiro, Paqueta; Junior, Jesus, Neymar
Serbia (3-4-1-2): Milinkovic-Savic; Pavlovic, Mitrovic, Velijkovic; Kostic, Ilic, Lucis, Zovkovic; Tadic; Vlahovic, Mitrovic
Serbia vs Brazil Prediction: Final Insight and Analysis
Brazil has never missed any of the FIFA World Cups till now. They have always been one of the powerhouses of soccer. However, they failed to progress ahead of the Quarter-Finals in the last 4 World Cups. It has been 20 years since the Brazilians last lifted the trophy. They will hope to turn things around this time. The team has looked in solid form over the last few years and the FIFA couldn’t have come up at a better time.
The Serbians will look to start their tournament with confidence. They have some quality and in-form players in their squad. Facing Brazil to begin the campaign is never easy for any side. It’s surely going to be a challenging game, especially for the defenders. All the predictions and betting platforms are suggesting a win for Brazil in this Group G fixture.