Brazil vs Switzerland Prediction, Odds, and Statistical Analysis
Brazil vs Switzerland Prediction
When is Brazil most likely to score a goal? Based on our analysis, Brazil is likely to score in the second half.
When is Switzerland likely to score a goal? Switzerland is more likely to score in the first half.
Who is likely to score a goal for Brazil? Vinicius Jr is likely to score for Brazil.
Who is most likely to score for Switzerland? Breel Embolo is most likely to score for Switzerland.
Goal Prediction? Brazil: 2, Switzerland: 1
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances
Brazilian and Swiss teams will play at Stadium 974 on Saturday in Group G of the 2022 FIFA World Cup. The results of their Matchday 1 matches have been similar for both teams.
In their opening World Cup match in Qatar on Thursday, Brazil easily defeated Serbia 2-0 thanks to two goals from Richarlison, including an incredible second.
Breel Embolo’s strike against the flow of play helped Switzerland defeat Cameroon 1-0 on Thursday to earn a victory in World Cup Group G.
Switzerland vs Brazil Prediction: Goal Analysis ( Last five matches)
- Brazil has been in terrific form in its last five matches. The Selecao has won all of its matches, three of them with clean sheets. The goal aggregate for the last five matches is 16:2 with an average goal of 3.2 goals per match.
- Brazil has faced one European team in that Sample Size and defeated them 2-0, but the xG for Brazil was more than the actual goals, and could have scored more against Serbia.
- Brazil’s last defeat came against Argentina in the Copa America Final.
Average goal scored: 54
Average goal conceded: 20
Switzerland Goal Analysis (World Cup Qualification: Last five matches)
- Switzerland has not been short of form. La Nati has won four of its last five games and notably defeated Spain and Portugal in the process. Switzerland has an overall positive aggregate of 6:5 with a goal difference of one.
- Switzerland has conceded more than one goal against Ghana, otherwise, the La Nati has been solid with two clean sheets.
Average goal scored: 37.4
Average goal conceded: 48.4
Switzerland vs Brazil Prediction: Last game attack analysis
Brazil was ruthless in the last game against Serbia. With an average rating of over 7.5, the Brazil midfield and forward played well. Brazil played with an expected goal of 2.43 and fired 23 shots. The most attacking play for Brazil came in the second half with an expected goals of more than 2.00 goals. Selecao’s as well most threatening play came from the Open play which renders them more likely to score more goals than any team.
Switzerland was above par with its attack against Cameroon in a low-scoring game. Switzerland played with a total expected goals of 1.44 goals. Switzerland shot 7 shots with 3 shots on target. Switzerland’s 5 out of the 7 shots came inside the box with 40% of its expected goals came from the Set pieces.
Brazil vs Switzerland Prediction: Forward Statistics
- Brazil’s offensive will be led by Neymar Jr. Neymar averaged 0.80 goals every 90 minutes while playing for Brazil in the World Cup Qualifying. In addition, he contributed 8 assists or 0.80 assists per game.
- In the World Cup Qualifying campaign, Richarlison scored the second most goals for Brazil. The striker scored 1.02 goals per match with a shooting accuracy of more than 50%.
- Raphinha was the third-highest goal scorer for Brazil in the World Cup Qualifying. The Winger scored 3 goals at 0.64 goals per match.
World Cup Goals: Brazil (2022)
- Breel Embolo top scored for Switzerland in the World Cup Qualification. The forward scored 3 goals in the four matches averaging 0.80 goals per match. The Forward also provided three assists.
- Steven Zuber was the second-highest goal scorer for Switzerland in the Qualifiers. The Midfielder scored two goals at 0.56 goals per match.
World Cup Goals: Switzerland (2022)
- Breel Embolo: 1 goal
Switzerland vs Brazil Prediction: Defensive Analysis
- Brazil was clinical in defence against Serbia. Brazil didn’t concede any shots on target like Spain. Brazil won 59% tackles and made 2 Interceptions to go with 16 clearances. Brazil won 42 duels. Brazil’s defensive performance was at par with the Qualifications where the Selecao conceded less than 1 goal as xG.
- Switzerland was above par on defence as well against Cameroon. Switzerland conceded 5 shots on target with 5 of them coming inside the box. Switzerland won 33% of tackles, 3 Interceptions, 20 clearances, and 5 Keeper saves.
Brazil vs Switzerland Head to Head Statistics
Brazil and Switzerland have faced each other 7 times. Brazil is slightly ahead with three wins. Switzerland has won two games. Four games ended in a draw.
Last meeting: Switzerland and Brazil played a draw in the 2018 World Cup.
- The two teams have faced each other twice in the World Cup and the games ended in draws both times.
Brazil vs Switzerland Head to Head: Some Statistics (All matches)
Total Goals per game: 2.25
Brazil’s Goals per game: 1.50
Switzerland’s Goals per game: 0.75
Brazil vs Switzerland Odds
Brazil team news
Brazil’s thumping Victory over Serbia was ruined by Neymar’s injury. The forward suffered from a swollen ankle and is out of the Group Stage of the World Cup.
Danilo also appeared from the same discomfort and is likely to be out of the group stage with an ankle Injury.
Switzerland team news
Renato Steffen did not take any part in Switzerland’s 1-0 win over Cameroon. forward has been dealing with upper body muscular tightness and is questionable for the glamorous match against Brazil.
Brazil vs Switzerland Predicted Line ups
Brazil predicted Line up (4-2-3-1): Alisson; Militao, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Sandro; Guimaeres, Casemiro; Raphinha, Paqueta, Vinicius; Richarlison.
Switzerland Predicted Line up (4-2-3-1): Sommer; Widmer, Akanji, Elvedi, Rodriguez; Xhaka, Freuler; Shaqiri, Sow, Vargas; Embolo.
Switzerland vs Brazil Prediction and Final Analysis
Brazil has always had a difficult time beating Switzerland. The Brazilians couldn’t defeat La Nati in the group stage of the 2018 World Cup and it won’t be easy this time either due to the decent run-off form of the Swiss team. In its last five matches, Switzerland has beaten Portugal and Spain and would be pleased with the results.
However, this Brazil would present a different challenge as they have all bases covered and are in some kind of shape, so they would be able to defeat any team.
Prediction: Brazil even without Neymar has enough quality to beat Switzerland. However, La Nati could run them close and score a goal in the process. Brazil to win 2-1