FIFA World Cup 2022: Denmark vs France Prediction
Denmark vs France Prediction
When is France most likely to score a goal? France is likely to score a goal in the first half.
When is Denmark likely to score a goal? Denmark is likely to score a goal in the First half.
Who is likely to score a goal for Denmark? Denmark is likely to score with Olsen, who has performed well in Nations League and World Cup Qualifying.
Who is most likely to score for France? Mbappe is most likely to score for France.
Who is Likely to win the Match? France: 1 Denmark: 1
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances.
Denmark and France will meet at Stadium 974 on Saturday in Group D of the 2022 FIFA World Cup. There was a difference in results between the two teams on Matchday 1.
The Socceroos took an early lead before France put them to swords. Les Blues broke the deadlock through Giroud, Mbappe and Rabiot as France regained the lead.
Tunisia held Denmark to a stalemate in what should have been an important game for both sides. It was a game with few big moments, none bigger than Cornelius’ miss around the post.
As both sides prepare for an Intriguing contest, we bring you the Statistical analysis to find out which side has an advantage going into this clash.
France vs Denmark Prediction: Goal Analysis (World Cup Qualification: Last five matches)
- France in its last five matches has won four and drawn one with its only draw coming against Ukraine 1-1.
- The total goal aggregate for the last five matches is 7:1 with France averaging 1.4 goals per match and conceding 0.20 goals per match.
- France in its last five World cup qualification games scored more than two goals only twice. Two goals came against Kazakhstan and Finland.
- Approximately 58% of France’s World Cup qualification goals came after halftime.
Denmark Goal Analysis (World Cup Qualification: Last five matches)
- In its last five games, Denmark has won four games and lost one.
- Denmark was pretty consistent in goals scoring with two or more goals in three of its last five games with a combined aggregate of 13-3 in their favor.
- Denmark averaged 2.6 goals per match and conceded 0.6 goals per match.
- Denmark was pretty ruthless in the first half with an average first goal of around 30-40 minutes.
Denmark vs France Prediction: Last game attack analysis
France showed its class in the last match against Australia and defied all its stats to score four goals. France scored 2 more goals with more shots on target than its average for the last five games. the xG was in line with France’s dominance. France shot 23 shots with 7 shots on target, 19 of the shots came inside the box.
Denmark threatened Tunisia in patches. Denmark shot 11 shots with 5 shots on targets with a shooting accuracy of 48%. Denmark played with an xG of 1.62 goals and should consider itself unlucky not to find itself on the score sheet. Denmark’s most threatening play came in the second half with xG of 1.42. Denmark’s biggest chances came from the set pieces with Danes more than 50% of expected goals coming from the Set pieces.
Denmark vs France Prediction: Forwards Statistics
- In the French League this year, Kylian Mbappe has been incredibly productive. They have 41 total shots, 26 of which have found the goal, and 11 goals. With an 83% pass completion rate, Kylian Mbappe-Lottin averages 33 passes per game
- Although Oliver Giroud is mostly unknown, his importance to France’s hopes cannot be overstated. Giroud has participated in 10 Serie A games this season, taken 25 shots with seven of them finding the target, and scored four goals. Olivier Giroud is expected to make 15 passes per game, complete 64% of his passes, and provide two assists every game..
France World Cup Qualification: Top Scorers
- Greizmann: 6
- Mbappe: 5
- Dembele: 1
*The World cup Qualification goals are for the players who are part of the squad. Karim Benzema scored third highest goals, but he is out with Injury.
- For them, Olsen and Maehle scored most of the goals Olsen averaged almost 0.83 goals per 90 minutes and scored 5 goals in 10 games. Olsen averaged 1.2 shots per game, 52% of which were accurate, and he also contributed 3 assists. Despite having few opportunities in the Champions League, Olsen performed admirably, scoring one goal in four games.
- Joakim Maehle averaged 0.73 goals per 90 minutes while scoring 5 times in 9 outings. Maehle had 1.2 shots on goal per game on average and a qualifying average rating of 7.34.
France vs Denmark Prediction: Defensive Analysis
France was brilliant defensively with a total xG of 0.52 and was most impressive of the head-to-head duels. France won more than 60% of its duels.
Denmark was brilliant with its block with the Danes truncating a chance of a goal by 40%. Danes played with an xG of 0.92 which is more than average against a high-pressing side like Tunisia. Danes were particularly impressive on Aerial duels.
Denmark vs France Prediction: Head-to-Head Statistics
France and Denmark have played 16 games against each other. France has a slight edge with 8 wins against Denmark. Denmark has won 6 games and two have ended in draw.
Last Five Meetings: France: 2, Denmark: 2
Last Meeting: Denmark defeated France 2-0 in the Nations League Fixture.
Key Snippets: Last Five Games
- There have been two goals per match between both sides.
- Both sides have scored in only 40% of the matches.
- The three matches have seen the side winning by a clean sheet.
- Denmark has scored in 60% of the games and has a slight edge over France.
France vs Denmark Odds
France World Cup Squad
Goalkeepers: Alphonse Areola, Hugo Lloris, Steve Mandanda
Defenders: Lucas Hernandez, Theo Hernandez, Presnel Kimpembe, Ibrahima Konate, Jules Koundé, Benjamin Pavard, William Saliba, Dayot Upamecano, Raphael Varane
Midfielders: Youssouf Fofana, Eduardo Camavinga, Matteo Guendouzi, Adrien Rabiot, Aurelien Tchouameni, Jordan Veretout
Forwards: Karim Benzema, Kingsley Coman, Ousmane Dembele, Antoine Griezmann, Olivier Giroud, Kylian Mbappe, Christopher Nkunku
Denmark World Cup Squad
Goalkeepers: Kasper Schmeichel , Oliver Christensen, Frederik Ronnow
Defenders: Alexander Bach, Simon Kjaer, Joachim Andersen, Joakim Maehle, Andreas Christensen, Rasmus Kristensen, Jens Stryger Larsen, Victor Nelsson, Daniel Wass
Midfielders: Thomas Delaney, Mathias Jensen, Christian Eriksen, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Christian Norgaard, Jesper Lindstrom, Mikkel Damsgaard (Brentford).
Forwards: Andreas Skov Olsen, Andreas Cornelius, Martin Braithwaite, Kasper Dolberg, Jonas Wind, Robert Forest, Yussuf Yurary Poulsen
Denmark vs France Prediction and Final Analysis
Denmark’s recent performance against France has been excellent and within the span of a couple of months has beaten the World champions twice and was the only side in the 2018 World Cup France failed to beat. Both sides are also evenly matched head-to-head with not many goals scored between both sides with games between both sides averaging two goals per match and this game is expected to be in the same direction too between the top dogs of this group.
Prediction: Both teams to draw 1-1.