2022 FIFA World Cup: Germany vs Japan Prediction
Germany vs Japan Prediction
When is Germany most likely to score a goal? Germany is likely to score a goal in the first half.
When is Japan likely to score a goal? Japan will look to score early and then play a defensive game.
Who is likely to score a goal for Germany? Gnabry is likely to score for Germany after doing well in Nations League and World Cup Qualifying.
Who is most likely to score for Japan? Taku Minamino is likely to score for Japan.
Who is Likely to win the Match? Germany: 1 Japan: 0
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances.
With their opening World Cup match against Japan, four-time champions Germany will open their campaign. In their last FIFA World Cup campaign, four years ago, Germany finished bottom of their group after defeats to Mexico and South Korea. This time, Hansi Flick’s side would be seeking redemption by making it to the knockout stages damage-free.
The Germans will face Japan, who finished second after Saudi Arabia in the Qualifiers. On Wednesday, November 23, World Cup Group E tie will begin. Qatar’s capital Doha will host this match at the Khalifa International Stadium. As we near close to the Kick off, we bring you the Statistical analysis of the Marquee clash
Germany vs Japan Prediction: Goal Analysis
- Germany in its last five matches has won two, lost one and drawn two games. The total goal aggregate for the Germans is 10: 7.
- As a whole, Germany scores 2 goals and concedes 1 goal per match. Germany in its last five matches has scored two or more goals against England and Italy where they scored 5 and 3 goals.
- Germany has conceded in four of its last five matches. The average first goal conceded by Germany is in the second half and the average first goal scored by the Germans is in the first half.
Germany in the World Cup (Last five matches)
- Germany has faced Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Sweden and the Korean Republic in its last five matches. Germany has won three and lost two.
- There were two wins for Germany at the 2014 World Cup and one at the 2018 World Cup.
- The Total goal aggregate for the last five matches is 10:5. Germany averaged two goals and concedes 1 goal per match.
Germany scores at the World Cup
- Germany: 7, Brazil: 1
- Germany: 1, Argentina: 0
- Germany: 0, Mexico: 1
- Germany: 2, Sweden: 1
- Germany: 0. Korean Republic: 2
- Japan has not lost a single game in its last five matches. Japan has won three matches and drawn two matches.
- Japan has a total goal aggregate of 11-0 in its last five matches. Japan averaged 2.2 goals per match in its last five matches.
- It must be noted that, Japan did not face any European team in its last five matches.
- Japan’s average 1st goal has come in the 1st half.
Japan in the World Cup (Last five matches)
- Japan has only won a single game in its last five matches. Japan played 1 draw and lost three games.
- Japan’s total goal aggregate for the last five matches is 7: 11.
- Japan scored 1.4 goals per match and conceded 2.2 goals in its last five matches.
Japan’s score in the last five matches (World Cups)
- Japan: 1, Columbia: 4
- Japan: 2, Colombia: 1
- Japan: 2, Senegal: 2
- Japan: 0, Poland: 1
- Japan: 2, Belgium: 3
Japan vs Germany Prediction: Forward Statistics
- During World Cup Qualification, Germany scored 34 goals in 10 matches with an average of 3.4 goals per game and 15.6 shots per game with a shooting accuracy of over 42 percent.
- Gnabry and Werner looked sharp for them. In eight appearances, Werner scored five goals at an average of 0.96 goals per 90 minutes. His shooting accuracy was 44% and he made 1.6 shots per game.
- Gnabry scored 5 goals in 8 appearances, averaging 0.71 goals per 90 minutes. In the qualifiers, Gnabry averaged 1.7 shots per game and a rating of 7.24.
- Leroy Sane scored 0..53 goals per 90 minutes. Sane also provided 2 assists at 0.27 assist per match.
- Japan scored 56 goals in 18 fixtures in the World Cup qualification at 3.11 goals per match.
- Taku Minamino scored 10 goals in 15 matches averaging around 0.84 goals per 90 minutes with 1.6 shots per match with a shooting accuracy of 51%
- Yuya Osaka was the second top scorer for the Japan in World Cup Qualification. Osaka scored 10 goals in 11 fixtures at 1.01 goals per match.
Germany vs Japan Prediction: Defence Analysis
- During the World Cup Qualification, Germany conceded only four goals while keeping eight clean sheets. The number of goals conceded is not the only factor to consider. Most defensive metrics in the world cup qualification were superior to those of Germany. Germany allowed only 5.8 shots per game, one of the lowest in UEFA World Cup qualification with above par tackle success percentage of 74.
- Japan too dominated World Cup Qualification. Japan only conceded 6 goals in the 18 matches and averaged around 0.33 goals per match. Japan was particularly better at Interceptions with it scoring above par on the key metrics like Interceptions and tackle success Percentage.
Japan vs Germany Prediction: Head to Head
Germany and Japan played four games dating back to 1963. Germany has won two and drawn too.
Last Meeting: Both teams played a 2-2 draw in their last encounter.
Germany vs Japan Head to Head: Highlights
- The tie has seen 2.5 goals per match.
- Germany has scored 7 of the ten goals scored in this tie.
- Japan has failed to score in two matches against Germany.
Germany vs Japan Odds
Germany Japan Prediction: World Cup Squads
Germany World Cup Squad
Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer, Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Kevin Trapp
Defenders: Matthias Ginter, Antonio Rudiger, Niklas Sule, Nico Schlotterbeck, Thilo Kehrer, David Raum, Lukas Klostermann, Armel Bella-Kotchap, Christian Gunter
Midfielders: Ilkay Gundogan, Jonas Hofmann, Leon Goretzka, Serge Gnabry, Leroy Sane, Jamal Musiala, Joshua Kimmich, Thomas Muller, Julian Brandt, Mario Gotze
Forwards: Kai Havertz, Youssoufa Moukoko, Niclas Fullkrug, Karim Adeyemi
Manager: Hansi Flick
Japan World Cup Sqaud
Goalkeepers: Shuichi Gonda, Daniel Schmidt, Eiji Kawashima.
Defenders: Miki Yamane, Hiroki Sakai, Maya Yoshida, Takehiro Tomiyasu, Shogo Taniguchi, Ko Itakura, Hiroki Ito, Yuto Nagatomo, Yuta Nakayama.
Midfielders: Wataru Endo, Hidemasa Morita, Ao Tanaka, Gaku Shibasaki, Kaoru Mitoma, Daichi Kamada, Ritsu Doan, Junya Ito, Takumi Minamino, Takefusa Kubo, Yuki Soma.
Forwards: Daizen Maeda, Takuma Asano, Ayase Ueda
Manager: Moriyasu Hajime
Germany vs Japan World Cup Prediction and Final Analysis
The clear favorites entering this tie are Germany. As they wait for their chances from the counterattacks, Japan will park the bus. Japan hasn’t left a lasting impression in any of its last five World Cup games, and it hasn’t scored in its last several games against potent opponents.
When Germany plays Japan in the opening match of the 2022 World Cup, back them to win 1-0. The team of Hans Flick is prepared to break their losing streak from the last competition.