World Cup 2022: Germany vs Spain Prediction
Germany vs Spain Prediction
When is Spain most Likely to score a goal? Spain is likely to score a goal in the first half against Germany.
When is Germany most likely to score a goal? Germany is likely to score a goal in the first half.
Who is likely to score a goal for Spain? Ferran Torres is likely to score for Spain
Who is Likely to score a goal for Germany? Serge Gnabry is likely to score for Germany,
Who is Likely to win the Match? Spain: 2 Germany: 2
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances
Spain will play Germany at the Al Bayt Stadium in Group E of the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Both teams’ performances in Matchday 1 were disparate.
In a convincing 7-0 victory over Costa Rica, Spain recorded their largest World Cup victory and clinched first place in Group E. Soon after the game began, Spain ran rout recording the longest night for Keylor Navas.
Germany was stunned as Japan came from behind to complete a dramatic comeback. Midfielder Ilkay Gundogan opened the scoring with a coolly placed Penalty in the 33rd minute. Ritsu Doan and Takuma Asano scored goals in the closing 15 minutes as Japan rallied to defeat Germany for the first time ever and pull off an early tournament surprise.
Germany vs Spain Prediction and Odds: Goal Analysis (World Cup Qualification: Last five matches)
- Spain in its last five matches has lost only one game. Overall Spain has won four and lost one.
- The total goal aggregate for the last five matches is 9:2 with Spain averaging 1.8 goals per match.
- Three of Spain’s matches have resulted in two or more goals.
- Spain has conceded only two goals in its last five matches, two of those came against Sweden. in other games, Spain maintained four clean sheets.
- The average first goal for spain has come in the first half, approximately between 20-35 minutes.
Germany Goal Analysis (World Cup Qualification: Last five matches)
- During the last five games, Germany has not lost a single game. Overall, Germany has won five out of five games.
- Germany has been consistent in goal-scoring too with two or more goals in each game.
- Germany are averaging 4.6 goals per match with a total aggregate of 23-2.
- Germany conceded only two goals in the last five world cup qualification match. Two goals came Armenia and Romania.
- The average first goal came in the first half for the German team.
Spain vs Germany Prediction: Last game attack analysis
Spain scored 7 goals from 8 shots on target with a clinical finish against them. The total xG for Spain against Costa Rica was the highest among the teams to play the World Cup this year. Spain looked threatening right from the Start with an xG of 2.47 in the first half largely consistent with its last five games. Spain was the most threatening with open play and shot 13 from inside the box.
Germany looked threatening for the most part of the game against Japan but was unable to bury the chances with a paltry Shooting accuracy of 41% in spite of taking 16 chances inside the box. The Germany played with a total xG of 3,09 goals. Germany was largely ahead in the game but it looked most likely to score in the fist half with a total xG of goals. Germany shot 26 shots with 9 shots on target and 2 hitting the Woodwork.
Germany vs Spain Prediction: Forwards Statistics
Ferran Torres scored the majority of Spain’s goals during the World Cup qualifying process. Torres had a shooting efficiency of 38%, 0.73 goals per 90 minutes, and 1.4 shots per game on average.
Morata made 7 appearances, scoring twice overall at a rate of 0.37 goals per 90 minutes. Morata averaged 2.1 shots per game and received a qualifying score of 6.34.
Spain: World Cup Goals (2022)
- Ferran Torres: 2
- Danny Almo: 1
- Marco Asensio 1
- Gavi: 1
- Soler: 1
- Morata: 1
- Werner and Gnabry were threatening for Germany in the World Cup Qualification.. Werner scored five goals in eight appearances for an average of 0.96 goals every 90 minutes. He had a 44% shooting efficiency and made 1.6 shots per game. Germany is likely to miss him
- Gnabry averaged 0.71 goals every 90 minutes while scoring 5 goals in 8 games. Gnabry averaged 1.7 shots and a rating of 7.24 in the qualifiers.
- 90 minutes of play yielded 0.53 goals for Leroy Sane. Sane contributed 2 assists, or 0.27 assists per game, as well.
Germany: World Cup Goals (2022)
- Ilkay Gundogan: 1
Spain vs Germany Prediction: Defensive Analysis
Spain was flawless in the defence with Spain not conceding a single shot on target. Spain made four interceptions and 4 clearances.
Germany’s defensively was found wanting against Japan. The Germany’s defence played with an average rating 6.1 and fared poorly on key metrics like Interception, clearances and Tackle success.
The average Ground duel success for the German team was 48% which is poor by their standards.
Spain vs Germany Head-to-Head Statistics
Spain and Germany have played 25 against each other. Germany has slight wood over Spain with 9 wins. Spain has won 8 games and 8 have ended in a draw.
Last five games: Spain: 2, Germany: 1 , Draw: 2
Last Meeting: Spain defeated Germany 6:0 in the Nations League clash in 2020.
- Both teams have faced each other four times in the World cup and Germany has won 2, Spain has won 1 and 1 ended in a draw.
Spain vs Germany: Last five games (Some Statistics)
- Average goal in the match: 2.6
- Average goal scored by spain: 1.8
- Average goal scored by Germany: 0.8
Germany vs Spain Prediction and Odds
Spain World Cup Squad
Goalkeepers: Unai Simon, Robert Sanchez, David Raya.
Defenders: Dani Carvajal, Cesar Azpilicueta, Eric Garcia, Hugo Guillamon, Pau Torres, Aymeric Laporte, Jordi Alba, Jose Gaya.
Midfielders: Sergio Busquets, Rodrigo, Gavi, Carlos Soler, Marcos Llorente, Pedri, Koke
Forwards: Ferran Torres, Nico Williams, Yeremy Pino, Alvaro Morata, Marco Asensio, Pablo Sarabia, Dani Olmo, Ansu Fati
Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer, Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Kevin Trapp
Defenders: Matthias Ginter, Antonio Rudiger, Niklas Sule, Nico Schlotterbeck, Thilo Kehrer, David Raum, Lukas Klostermann, Armel Bella-Kotchap, Christian Gunter
Midfielders: Ilkay Gundogan, Jonas Hofmann, Leon Goretzka, Serge Gnabry, Leroy Sane, Jamal Musiala, Joshua Kimmich, Thomas Muller, Julian Brandt, Mario Gotze
Forwards: Kai Havertz, Youssoufa Moukoko, Niclas Fullkrug, Karim Adeyemi
Germany vs Spain Prediction and Final Analysis
It is imperative that Germany get something from this match in order to save their World Cup campaign, and the task does not get any easier against Spain. Spain has a wood over Germany in the last five games with Spaniards winning two and two ending in a draw. Spain has scored over two goals in 80% the games in the last 5 matches. Inspite of the Shambolic performance against Japan, Germany are not to be taken lightly and Hansi Flick’s side has averaged 4 or more goals in the last five World Cup Qualification games and played with an xG over 3 against Japan.
Prediction: Spain: 2, Germany: 2